It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NK EMP Weapon- More Info

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here is more info about the possibility of NK having an orbital EMP weapon. I would feel a lot better if the Gov. shot the satellite down.

Mods If link is not allowed, can you just delete the link and not the whole thread?

modernsurvivalblog.com...

"According to Dr. Pry, “In fact, almost certainly, North Korea now possesses a highly advanced third generation nuclear warhead that could destroy the United States with a single blow.”

(emphasis added)

In 2004, the Congressional Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Commission was warned by a delegation of Russian generals that Russia had developed a “Super-EMP” nuclear warhead, and that design information for this weapon had leaked to North Korea.

A Super-EMP warhead is a nuclear weapon specially designed to produce an enormous burst of gamma rays that generates an extraordinarily powerful electromagnetic pulse, capable of destroying even the best protected electronics, thereby paralyzing military forces and blacking out power grids and collapsing critical infrastructures everywhere–across an entire nation the size of the United States.

Apparently, one of the signatures of a Super-EMP weapon is that it has a very low explosive yield, just several kilotons because the weapon is converting the energy of the nuclear warhead into gamma rays.

In 2004, the Russian generals told the EMP Commission that North Korea was getting help developing a Super-EMP nuclear weapon from contractors from Russia, China, Pakistan and elsewhere, and could probably test such a weapon “in a few years.” A few years later, in 2006, North Korea tested its mysterious “nuclear device” that produced an explosive yield of only several kilotons, and so was derided by the Western press as a failure–but hailed as a success by North Korea.

In 2012, a military commentator for the People’s Republic of China told a Hong Kong journal that North Korea has Super-EMP nuclear warheads."

The military is supposedly hardened against EMP. So, if it did happen, of coursethe military would be OK and there would be retaliation before any help would be given to civilians. Martial Law, military in cities, FEMA camps, UN (China, Russia?) assistance, then NWO? Who knows what will happen?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
There's another thread about this.

I'm sure over the next few days this will be figured out better.

I've looked at it and am concerned, but I'm no Phage. Need ppl who know more to comment.

In the other thread someone formed a conspiracy that the recent satellite is a super-EMP device. Ofc, lol, this is not something to take seriously. Just some dumb people thinking dumb things.

But it does cause me to think that N Korea may be more dangerous than we think. Just because they don't have big nukes and are a poor country, doesn't mean we ignore them. Their army is I think the fifth largest in the world? That doesn't make sense to me since North Korea is about the size of a US state. Nonetheless, I wouldn't underestimate them. All that money goes to their military...

A smart and persistent adversary eventually figures out how to exploit your weaknesses.
edit on 9-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
There's another thread about this.

I'm sure over the next few days this will be figured out better.

I've looked at it and am concerned, but I'm no Phage. Need ppl who know more to comment.

If it did happen I think that would confirm that Kim Jong-Un really is crazy.
edit on 9-4-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Or a patsy for TPTB (my guess)!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Interesting news indeed .

So that beer fridge sized box up there could be a EMP?

I'm not digging that much.

But to me it seems a little on the small size? No?

Or did they have the technology to make a smaller load that fit on that missile we all saw launch?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Magister

You posted something along these lines a few days ago, and linked to a site, and the thread was deleted, not just moved to the trash bin,or grey area, but killed.

That struck me as a bit strange, BUT, the site you linked to has some extreme little morsels on it, and that is probably why the thread was killed. Just my guess. This is a privately owned site, we must respect the owners right to delete what they see fit.

You obviously feel strongly enough about this subject to have come back, re posted, re worded a bit, and linking now to a different source. bravo to you.

If this thread gets killed, I may believe it is the message you are bringing,not the linkage.

Maybe this all is just to much to consider? makes us freak out and turn inwards, or lash outwards.

I don't know if I believe it yet, but it is a situation where it could be the END of us as a power, people, nation.

What better way really to thin us all out. leaves most of the buildings standing as well, no glass desert, not fumes or radiation sickness. Just hunger, in fighting, a huge reduction in our numbers.

This looks to be our enemies best option. And depending on what side of the street you travel, maybe our own leaders best option for us.

Thanks for coming back, I don't know where this will go to be honest.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
it would be nice i think to know the satellite's whereabout on the 10th April...or..tomorrow

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
It's over the mid and east US on the 10th apparently. One of the other million NK threads has information where someone has tracked it using public tools.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Russia conducted EMP Nukes tests since 1962 !

In 1962, the Soviet Union also performed a series of three EMP-producing nuclear tests in space over Kazakhstan, which were the last in the series called "The K Project".[11] Although these weapons were much smaller (300 kiloton or 1.3 PJ) than the Starfish Prime test, since those tests were done over a populated large land mass (and also at a location where the Earth's magnetic field was greater), the damage caused by the resulting EMP was reportedly much greater than in the Starfish Prime nuclear test. The geomagnetic storm–like E3 pulse (from the test designated as "Test 184") induced an electric current surge in a long underground power line that caused a fire in the power plant in the city of Karaganda. After the collapse of the Soviet Union, the level of this damage was communicated informally to scientists in the United States.[12] Formal documentation of some of the EMP damage in Kazakhstan exists[13][14] but is still sparse in the open scientific literature.

Wiki - Russian EMP

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Here is one EMP strike scenario that has been bouncing through my head.

A simultaneous two device attack.

One device is the one already orbiting the globe. That one will his mainland US.

The second one will be over the SK/Japan/Guam area..
That missile they are getting ready to “test” What if it goes straight up, instead of out across the countryside? The missile has a range many thousand km across the landscape, but what is it’s range going straight up?

Once the missile hits it’s apogee, then detonate. It will take out SK and Japanese power and communications infrastructure.

Time the two to happen at the exact same time.

If NK troops start flooding out of hundreds of tunnels along the DMZ and start attacking SK citizens, then the citizens would not even have a way to signal for help from the military.

It will be impossible for the US/SK troops to know where the attacks are happening because they will only have the hardened communications infrastructure to use. They would be blind about what is happening in various cities across the country.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
this part of your thread turned me to a believer...i personally recall this..

"in 2006, North Korea tested its mysterious “nuclear device” that produced an explosive yield of only several kilotons, and so was derided by the Western press as a failure–but hailed as a success by North Korea."

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Is it a lack of research.

Why does everyone always equate EMP devices solely with Nuclear war heads.

EMP weapons do not have to be Nuclear.

The concept of the explosively pumped flux compression generator for generating a non-nuclear electromagnetic pulse was conceived as early as 1951 by Andrei Sakharov in the Soviet Union,[16] but nations have usually kept their most recent work on non-nuclear EMP highly classified until the technology was old enough for similar ideas to be conceived by physicists in other nations.

It is from wiki wiki

Non-nuclear EMP devices have been under development for over half a century and we can't find terribly much about them because they are all classified projects.
If one of these go off, your not likely to know who built it. Even if NKs satellite exploded they would just claim the US hit it with an energy weapon or blame the whole thing on that American guy Capt. Kirk.

Non-nuclear EMP weapons can be smuggled in to countries, they do not have a nuclear signature.

Think outside the square.

P

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

That would take many players out of the game immediately. What players were left would be distracted worrying about their loved ones back home.

This could level Lil Kims (and Chinas) playing field a bit.

Russia now moves on us through Alaska and down the western shores, as China moves on our eastern flank.

Horrible thought,

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

yes but adding some radiation fallout to the mix isnt that bad idea for the attacker no ?

also..i believe nuclear emp results last much longer and go deeper

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
All wonderful doomsday theories for the USA aside for the fact that none of them accounts for how to handle the massive numbers of warheads the USA would then use in retaliation... WE shut of your refrigerators vs WE shut off YOU is the only possible outcome of this attack method

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

By that time, the million NK troops will already be in SK attacking the cities.
You can’t destroy the NK troops with nukes when they are already in SK.

You can nuke the NK military bases but the NK troops will be no where close to them at that time.

You could nuke the NK capital to take out the leadership, but that won’t stop the attacking army.

This is a “one shot” effort. They win, or they die and take a lot of people with them.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Boymonkey just pointed this out in another thread.

North Korea: Foreigners should evacuate South Korea

BBC news

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by penninja
All wonderful doomsday theories for the USA aside for the fact that none of them accounts for how to handle the massive numbers of warheads the USA would then use in retaliation... WE shut of your refrigerators vs WE shut off YOU is the only possible outcome of this attack method

life is so unbearable in North Korea that I think they dont mind passing few years living in the underground...imho I also think they prepared ways and means to cope with such scenario

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
reply to post by penninja

By that time, the million NK troops will already be in SK attacking the cities.
You can’t destroy the NK troops with nukes when they are already in SK.

You can nuke the NK military bases but the NK troops will be no where close to them at that time.

You could nuke the NK capital to take out the leadership, but that won’t stop the attacking army.

This is a “one shot” effort. They win, or they die and take a lot of people with them.

Actually they wouldn't... the only pieces of the game we have put into play so far are nuclear related, it's very obvious the plan is to use nukes if they open fire... you wont get an army across the mine fields "in minutes" there would be some artillery hits but that is about all...and they wouldn't last very long....

It is highly unlikely we'd fail to intercept any missiles head to our territory

It is highly unlikely we aren't monitoring this satellite jamming any signal to it, taking it down or other method should be easy for us I just wrote in another thread everything has a fuze... it wont receive a transmission and go boom instantly we just jam the sucker the whole time its over our airspace...

This war would likely end in under 15 minutes

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

you wont get an army across the mine fields "in minutes"

They don’t go across the mine fields, they will go under them. Remember the countless tunnels. The troops will be flooding into SK behind the battle line and attacking from the back side.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny

you wont get an army across the mine fields "in minutes"

They don’t go across the mine fields, they will go under them. Remember the countless tunnels. The troops will be flooding into SK behind the battle line and attacking from the back side.

Kind of interesting since the "official explanation" of HAARP is to allow us to see underground and personally having done some computer work for the oil industry I can say you don't even need that to "see" pretty far down.... far enough at least

aside from that tunnels underground aren't meant to move "armies" rather small numbers of insurgents to wreck havok behind the enemy lines.... to actually have adequate numbers coming across you'd be noticed which leaves your exit hole a doomed location a single fuel bomb or smart missile could kill thousands maybe 10's of thousands.... if you know where the exit is you can extrapolate the tunnels legnth and literally use a second bunker buster 2 miles "up the road" to essentially trap thousands of men underground to die a miserable death

This concept of 100,000 men crossing by tunnel would be suicide, we'd see them opening up from orbit and men pouring out.....you'd have to use very small numbers for any effictiveness

and speaking of Haarp.... who says an orbital Emp would even work at all?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join