It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Masters! (Golf)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Yay the Masters is imminent!

www.augusta.com...

Here are some of the favorites:
Tiger! Back at number one despite having a cute new tennis star g/f!

Rory Mcilroy! Spazzed out not long ago and walked off the course. Will the new Nike clubs come through?

Capt. Perfect Phil Mickelson. The man can do no wrong, no dirty laundry for Micky. Class act.

Ian Poulter, or "Poults" as I call him on Tiger Woods 2013. Fancy pants with a tendency to freak out, make funny faces, and drain clutch putts. Love the Poults!

And this guy!

Love golf or hate it, things will happen

Predictions?

edit on 9-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Prediction ? With the greatest respect, not much interest, I would think...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well there's a sports forum on ATS for a reason.
Might as well use it... plus I doubt I'm the only one more interested in this tourney than gophers on Mars...

To each their own I suppose..

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Yay is right!

The Masters is my favourite golf tournament.

I want Phil or Rory to win.

My Dark Horse prediction is Padraig or McDowell. Though I'd like to see Ernie contest once again after being snubbed last year.

I also like your picks of Poulter and Rickie. But you beat me to it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I think the media is going to make it Tiger Woods against the whole field. He has made quite a come back and the media is eating it up.
I'm hoping for Rory with the win, but I will settle for anyone but Snedeker. (His name sounds like a villain on a Disney movie)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
It's just nice to look at the beautiful Augusta golf course, while we have our grey skies in the UK. I just hate the SKY coverage, was way better on the BBC. SKY, just has loads of adverts and poor coverage. The BBC had great commentators like Peter Allis, who could make viewing golf entertaining to the disinterested viewer. Enjoy.

I'm gonna go with Rory, or an outsider Brian Davis. (Not sure if he's in the line up).
edit on 9-4-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
What I love about watching the Masters is the minimal advertisements. They really just focus on the game, and have little interruptions like most sports broadcasts.

I remember the year my fellow Canuck, Mike Weir won. There were NO advertisements at all because of the Martha Burk protests.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Well I wouldn't put too much money on Poults or Fowler, but ya I'm rooting for either one since everyone and their pets are going for either Woods or Mcilroy...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Alright we made our bets. (Me and the mice in my pocket)

Tiger and Mcilroy weren't allowed to be picked.
5 bucks each, four of us in the bet picking two players each.
I got Rose and did what I said I wouldn't ....Poults.
anyone here care to bet ATS style? Loser has to have the green jacket winner as their avatar for a week

edit on 10-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Pulling for Freddie Couples or Phil.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Ok so you're in
Good pics.. Freddy eh>? That's gutsy.... Here's something..

Golfer, 14, to Make History at Masters

At only 14 years old, golfer Guan Tianlang is set to become the youngest player ever to tee off at the prestigious Masters tournament in Augusta, Georgia, which begins Thursday. Ninety-three golfers representing 23 countries are competing in the 2013 Masters tournament. And while much of the focus is on American Tiger Woods, who recently reclaimed the world's No. 1 ranking after winning three tournaments this year, many eyes will also be on China's Guan Tianlang. He is one of 17 first-time participants and one of the six amateurs who will compete at the famous Augusta National Golf Club in the year's first major tournament. Guan qualified for the Masters by winning the Asia-Pacific Amateur Championship last November in Thailand. The previous youngest golfer to play the Masters was Italian Matteo Manassero at age 16 in

www.voanews.com...

edit on 10-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I'm in for the bet!

Phil is one of my picks. (you really should have excluded him as well:roll

The second is Padraig.

I could also pick McDowell, Rose, Scott, Bubba, D. Johnson, sheesh..ok. I'll stick with my first two.

It'll be an awesome tournament regardless.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Ok Current..I'll even make you a Poulter avatar when you lose. Maybe that one in the opening post

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yup...

T1 Sergio Garcia
T1 Marc Leishman
3 Dustin Johnson
T4 Fred Couples

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Like usual, it looks like my masters bet is over before it has begun.

Oh Well.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BABYBULL24

BabyBull looking good with Couples! What an awesome pic! What made you pick him in the first place? Big fan? -or did you see something everyone else didn't?

edit on 12-4-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It's his favorite course but his back always blows out before it's over...he plays well every year for a few rounds.

Would like to see him win it but you can never go wrong with Freddie in the Top 10 after 18...watch Angel Cabrera when that dude gets a sniff in a major he wins unless Tiger is in the mix.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Breaking News.
Poults missed the cut..
Tomorrow is a new day ,,
*hic*

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Congratulations to Adam Scott.

Another fantastic Masters Tournament!

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link