It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS under attack again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
ATS is starting to lag badly here in the West coast Los Angeles.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Yep me too - seems a little better at the moment but it timed out about 15 mins ago

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

Seems ok now but who knows if its a dns server issue.

couldnt get on here 5 minutes ago until i i cycled through dns servers

link   

It's fine here from Adelaide, South Australia.

link   
I thought I was the only one because my internet connection was messed up earlier. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

link   
Seems different than the last time, tracert doesn't fail on the service.

But yeah, a few replies white paged on me, and now timeouts on the firehose.

back in the old days butthurts like the ones doing this would just have to make do with pulling a face at you when you got off the bus. Now they can do this.

It must be like, so empowering, for the little nerds.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I thought it was just me!

At one point, it was even telling me that the server was offline about 1.5 hours ago. More DDoS, server maintenance or what?

I said a couple days back regarding the previous DDoS, suggesting that particular attack was merely a test shot. Now the weakness is exposed... it will happen again.

I've recently read some articles about the government and cyberwarfare, which has me on the fence with this one... considering some of the current events and possibilities. It's safe to say that a lot of rhetoric on this site isn't conducive to a unity in the united states, which just might be necessary if any possible WWIII type scenario were to play out.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I've been having problems too, Operation timed out, or whatever. It started around midnight EST and I couldn't access the site at all. About a half hour later I could. Then just now, It took me about 20 minutes of trying to get on before I actually could.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

ATS is starting to lag badly here in the West coast Los Angeles.

I'm starting to get used to it and it's kinda becoming like, "Whateva". In fact, it gives the whole melange a cyber-punky top note that I really enjoy. I even tried quickly flushing my dns resolver over and over while the thingy was spinning, and I think it worked. Fun!

Cool.

edit on 9-4-2013 by Bybyots because:
call in the mercenaries

link   
Mine was REAL slow.

Don't mention BP advertising on ATS or they will close this thread too.

link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

It's fine here from Adelaide, South Australia.

not for me it wasnt, 15 minutes of no go

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
I thought it was just me!

At one point, it was even telling me that the server was offline about 1.5 hours ago. More DDoS, server maintenance or what?

I said a couple days back regarding the previous DDoS, suggesting that particular attack was merely a test shot. Now the weakness is exposed... it will happen again.

I've recently read some articles about the government and cyberwarfare, which has me on the fence with this one... considering some of the current events and possibilities. It's safe to say that a lot of rhetoric on this site isn't conducive to a unity in the united states, which just might be necessary if any possible WWIII type scenario were to play out.

Similar thoughts here. They may be stepping up their game. It's very important to the State that there be no dissenting voices. As Chris Rock said recently (in connection with gun control): the President and the First Lady are like our Mommy and Daddy. We should do what they say. (I swear to God--look it up!)

So maybe we should just quit being so contrary....

edit on 4/9/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It's an up and down for me.

ATS is online for a few minutes, but then it's down for another few minutes.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Same here in Toronto, I actually couldn't even get the site to load for a few minutes. Waiting for people to suggest that the government hijacked the server or installed some kind of code to keep track of everyone who posts here.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheFinder
Mine was REAL slow.

Don't mention BP advertising on ATS or they will close this thread too.

Now now, Heff gave you the reason why it was closed.

Put that LOIC down and step away from the collective.

Oo

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

edit on 9-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This has been going on for more than two hours now, this thread for almost half that time... no response from a Mod, somethings up!

Maybe the mods are taking a break lol.

Uh oh, you know what that means....

I'd like to take this time to plug some of my sponsors, see if the ATS community wants to purchase my car... and maybe post some ridiculous Sandy Hook conspiracy thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Off topic and I apologize, but the thread wasn't moved. It was CLOSED. And, the link didn't work either.

Hmmmm....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'm in South Africa,on my cell i'm having trouble connecting to the server,but on my pc its fine.The net's been slow for 2 days from here,anyway-but our infrastructure's not up to par,so that could be it.Have'nt been able to use YT for 2 days now,either.The site loads,but the vids don't play-again-propably a connection prob from the SA side,though.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
It is a DDoS attack. Nobody from staff has commented here because a site owner already posted here.

@TheFinder - no big mystery involved. My copy/paste didn't take. Simple as that. It's fixed now.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join