Wow. Just a suggestion. (too much red tape)

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hello ats.

Perhaps it would be more beneficial to all involved if we as a community were to contribute to the ats website on a monthly basis.

Maybe ats as a whole would benefit.
(am I breaking the rules?)

Edit - I know this is lame. I am doing the best I can. I am being.....it is difficult.
edit on 9-4-2013 by billy565 because: (no reason given)

Edit 2 - (am i allowed 2 do this?) - i made a suggestion about making this a pay site and ..........

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

I'm not sure what that means. Could you elaborate a little?

Not being obtuse. I just don't understand what you are requesting....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This site would benefit if they took down the padded walls and let everyone out of their straight jackets. I come and go between ATS and GLP and let's be honest, you feel a much greater sense of freedom there.
edit on 9-4-2013 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It's a conspiracy, obviously! He has been hired to test the members response to a paid site.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

P

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

I attempted to explain but my thread was trashed.

Give me a moment to explain.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It's a conspiracy, obviously! He has been hired to test the members response to a paid site.

It's a conspiracy I tell ya!

P

Funny, not true. If i was paid i wouldn't waste my time.

Edit- well if i was being paid i would waste time but.....

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Oh. By "contribute," you mean like a donation. I was thinking in the sense of everyone committing to contribute a new thread once a month.

I guess I mean to say, "DOH!"

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

Originally posted by billy565
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Oh. By "contribute," you mean like a donation. I was thinking in the sense of everyone committing to contribute a new thread once a month.

I guess I mean to say, "DOH!"

Ding! Ding! Ding! we have a winner.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

On another site I visit donations are accepted and the members that donate get a few extra things like perhaps a gold border or some such. Perhaps a special forum just for them etc. There are other ways of obtaining funds. Sale of T-shirts, mugs, caps and all those things.

However this site does quite well from what I can tell from the advertising revenue they generate. To have access to the hardware they have they must be doing quite well. It is either that, or they have an unlimited account from a CIA slush fund.

To the OP, many members are already wary of being here. Big brother watches. Providing financial details would be really scary for most. If the owners needed additional funding they would ask. They have not, so, all is well.

P

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Will this be allowed? (talk about censorship).

I said i would be willing to pay an "X" amount of dollars per month 2 make it a 'free' community.

(I'm not saying anything negative about the great sponsors.)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

On another site I visit donations are accepted and the members that donate get a few extra things like perhaps a gold border or some such. Perhaps a special forum just for them etc. There are other ways of obtaining funds. Sale of T-shirts, mugs, caps and all those things.

However this site does quite well from what I can tell from the advertising revenue they generate. To have access to the hardware they have they must be doing quite well. It is either that, or they have an unlimited account from a CIA slush fund.

To the OP, many members are already wary of being here. Big brother watches. Providing financial details would be really scary for most. If the owners needed additional funding they would ask. They have not, so, all is well.

P

Awesome reply.

The payment could be anon. open the box. Stop the control.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This thread makes me curious.

Thanks 4 the replies. It answers a few questions.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

If you are referring to 'opening the site up to discuss things that are currently against the TCs' then I would suggest you take a wider view rather than the narrow one of 'It is all about advertisers or sponsors.

Consider that you have a product that is going great! Let us say that is a site that sells children's toys and you have a forum to discuss toys. Would you allow someone to come into that forum and discuss how to steal cars. Of course you would not. It would destroy your brand and business would drop off. Additionally you could be accused of aiding the delinquency of a minor or some such other charge.

So,
1 ATS has is a Brand and it wants and needs to protect that brand. It must do this. and
2 ATS as a conspiracy site needs to stay within Federal Law and State Law of the country where the owners operate and where the servers are located and in many other places.
3. Children are Members so they must be considered, especially in relation to the Law.

A mod may come along and mention anything I have missed.

This site has civility, is moderated well and I for one appreciate the environment. If I want to discuss something that is outside of the TCs, well, other places exist for that purpose.

Hope this helps.

P
edit on 9/4/2013 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I was not going there.

I'm simple.

I suggested if each member 'paid' or 'donated' a few dollars a month we could get rid of "sponsors" and have less censorship.

Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Sorry, but there are ads for income... and so many people would just stop using the site. There are plenty of free sites on the web and people will go to use those. In this economy, so many people can't afford extras and when they can, most wouldn't pay for a site...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Here's another thing about this site which confused me at one point, but no longer does. If you make a post which ends up being removed and replaced with one of the many replacement "sticker" messages, it can still be seen elsewhere if someone else quoted it in their post. So let me get something straight. Usually the reason for removal has to do with one of many levels of being "offensive". Because of this, the post is removed from its original location because it was far to offensive to remain there, but it's alright for the same message to continue sitting in a "quote box" above another member's message which, in this case, must relate to the original post???? Logic does not exist in this case.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Not in a million years.

ATS will ALWAYS be free according to the ownership.

IMO it would be INSANE to charge members on a website where ALL the content is member generated. Without the membership, ATS would haven nothing.

The success of the website is founded primarily in the ecosystem that was created by the owners, but then filled by the subsequent membership.

I could not imagine what more ATS could offer it's membership via a paid service that it doesn't already.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

No, those posts are usually edited to remove the quoted portion that was in violation. Of course not all the time as offensive posts are often replied to very quickly and very often.

We do our best. If you see a post that quotes a removed post, please alert staff.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
What, no post about how we're all paid disinfo agents and government shills? You're slackin' ATS members!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
What, no post about how we're all paid disinfo agents and government shills? You're slackin' ATS members!

I did, I did!
(all in fun though)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

new topics
top topics

join