It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Veterans the deciding vote

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I have saved this until now so not to be accused of mudslinging.

I have talked to several veterans of the Vietnam war. I was interested to see their oppinions on this election.

The most common problem I was presented with was that Kerry is considered to be a traitor by many veterans. There is a great number that thought that he and Jane Fonda should have been brought up on trial for treason.

They may not be Bush fans, yet there was no way that they would vote for Kerry. Knowing that the independent votes would not help sway an election they are voting for Bush.

Has anyone else heard this from where they are?

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
All you have to do is look at the counties of Okaloosa and Santa Rosa on the Emerald Coast of Florida. It contains Eglin AFB, Hurlburt Field and Pensacola NAS. Here are the numbers. In Okaloosa Bush won 78% of the vote. In Santa Rosa he won 77%. Both with 100% of the precincts reporting. Heck you cant find more Active Duty personel and Retired Officers and Enlisted men and women in the country. I mean good grief, Eglin is bigger than Rhode Island. If those numbers don't tell you how the military feels about Kerry then I don't know what does.

I wonder how many absentee ballots from Florida come in for Bush vs. Kerry.

JB/ Veteran U.S.A.F.

[edit on 11/3/2004 by just_a_pilot]

[edit on 11/4/2004 by just_a_pilot]

join