It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth Behind Gospel of Judas Revealed in Ancient Inks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
And then you read the section about the homosexuality and how for men is the worst sin going practically, and for women, not because they're not the seed bearers, and you realize its all a huge big hoax, and Billy Meiers was heavy on the editing, or more.

I was thoroughly disgusted with it and the words, he was not supposed to start another religion, he must be a renegade came.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I believe that Judas was identifying Jesus at Jesus's request myself. My big question, because of the way things seem to be written, is.......Was it Jesus that was crucified? Was it truly Jesus that he pointed out. Doesn't seem impossible to have someone that looked like Jesus in his flock. I am sure a true follower of Jesus would give his life for Jesus to get the heat off of him. Fits right into the whole resurrection story also.

So If this is true, Jesus would be free to keep up with his teachings. His name would be gone and also the expectations of the sheep.

Just an assumption, but I think that this should be considered.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

A very interesting assumption considering that he was married after he had died

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by STARTRUTH49
reply to post by rickymouse

A very interesting assumption considering that he was married after he had died

Pretty hard to marry a ghost

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
All they did was authenticate the AGE of the document ... from the year 200 +/-.
They didn't authenticate the story as being accurate. That's two different things.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by retirednature

Matthew 26:17-25

17 Now on the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread the disciples came to Jesus, saying to Him, “Where do You want us to prepare for You to eat the Passover?”

18 And He said, “Go into the city to a certain man, and say to him, ‘The Teacher says, “My time is at hand; I will keep the Passover at your house with My disciples.”’”

19 So the disciples did as Jesus had directed them; and they prepared the Passover.

20 When evening had come, He sat down with the twelve. 21 Now as they were eating, He said, “Assuredly, I say to you, one of you will betray Me.”

22 And they were exceedingly sorrowful, and each of them began to say to Him, “Lord, is it I?”

23 He answered and said, “He who dipped his hand with Me in the dish will betray Me. 24 The Son of Man indeed goes just as it is written of Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.”

25 Then Judas, who was betraying Him, answered and said, “Rabbi, is it I?”

He said to him, “You have said it.”

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The Gospel of Judas has also fascinated me since, to be honest, Lady Gaga's song "Judas".

I've always wondered why people would believe that Judas betrayed Jesus for a little silver, I mean... cmon, it's Jesus right? JustSayin'

To be fair, Jesus, like most artists and musicians was only appreciated after his untimely demise.

Surprisingly the Jehovah's Witness published a piece on the Gospel of Judas in their February 2013 issue. Unlike the National Geographic documentary they start of with surprising objectivity but ultimately discredit the document at the end.

See: wol.jw.org...

Working independently, DeConick and Pearson both concluded that some of the key sections of the fragmentary codex had been mistranslated by the previous scholars. According to DeConick’s reconstruction of the text, Jesus calls Judas the “Thirteenth Demon,” not the “thirteenth spirit.”* Jesus also tells Judas unequivocally that he will not ascend to the “kingdom.” Rather than ‘exceeding’ the other disciples, Jesus says to Judas: “You will do worse than all of them. For the man that clothes me, you will sacrifice him.” In DeConick’s view, the “Gospel of Judas” is an ancient Gnostic parody that mocks all the apostles. The definitive conclusion held by DeConick and Pearson is that in this “Gospel of Judas,” Judas is no hero.

^An additional perspective.

P.S. I'm not a Jehovah's Witness. Just sharing this piece I saw recently.

edit on 9-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: grammar

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is the same talmud that Billy Meiers reportedly found and translated, yes?

And so, here we go:

In chapter one it says Semjase begat the human race. Some don't have a problem with this? She being Billy Meiers contact, Ple'o'sha'n and also, he alone is the sole contactee in addition to being a reincarnation of Jesus/Jmmanuel.

Now after that, its mentioned that he came just over 11000 years after she created the human race, which is a very very short cycle and absolutely not true, so is this meaning the judaic race? Sumar was much longer by the way.

OK, next we have in chapter, a passage describing that they came form space, and are the creators of the human race, very specifically naming white and colored which is very distasteful, and then how much they should be honored and even exhalted, for this is worthy only of their leader, god.

OK, so now you're supposed to be filled in on the fact that god is ET, they are a race of pleiadians, this is their commander or leader, and he ADORES BEING EXALTED AND WORSHIPPED, OH BUT DESPITE THIS TENDENCY TO LOVE WORSHIP, IS AN OK GUY.

Wake up and grow up please.

edit on 9-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I think you're getting the Book of Mormon mixed up with either Jehovah's Witness or the Gospel of Judas.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

but to me... it all seems very, hmmm... Socrates like, or Plato's account of Socrates' execution. Now, I've always been under the impression that if there was never Socrates, Plato, and Pythagoras(countless others, but you get the point) that there would have never been the story of Jesus. The form, the means, the style, the entire discussion that is the New Testament just seems like a rehash of Ancient Greek Philosophy. Am I the only one?

Nope! Not the only one.

I recently re-read Plato's story of Socrates execution, and it is nearly identical to the Jesus story in many important ways.
In fact, I almost started a thread about it. S/F!!

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I always found almost all of the Gnostic gospels to be more in line with the teachings of christ and his follower than what the church likes to portray. The gospel of Judas , Mary, and especially the Gospel of Thomas (which scholars believe is even older than the 4 new testament gospels and therefore probably more accurate.) all of these books Jesus talks about things like how we are all sons and daughters of God, how we all possess Gods will and favor and how the real church of God is within and how God does not need money.

I can imagine the church did not want people hearing things like this since they depended on people having to go to church every sunday to be absolved of their sins and put money in the basket. Thats why out of the 30 gospels so far known only 4 (that were spun as alot more churchy) made it to the christian canon.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

I found the real gospel of Judas finally. Thanks, because the only one I had heard of was the meiers one and it really upset me. That wasn't scientology it was ego mania weird stuff.

www.nationalgeographic.com/lostgospel/_pdf/GospelofJudas.pdf

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

I always found almost all of the Gnostic gospels to be more in line with the teachings of christ and his follower than what the church likes to portray. The gospel of Judas , Mary, and especially the Gospel of Thomas (which scholars believe is even older than the 4 new testament gospels and therefore probably more accurate.) all of these books Jesus talks about things like how we are all sons and daughters of God, how we all possess Gods will and favor and how the real church of God is within and how God does not need money.

I can imagine the church did not want people hearing things like this since they depended on people having to go to church every sunday to be absolved of their sins and put money in the basket. Thats why out of the 30 gospels so far known only 4 (that were spun as alot more churchy) made it to the christian canon.

Now that's the truth, its replies like this that allow others to see that there is another side to the truth and that is the truth. .

I thought religion was supposed to make us god conscious or at least show us how to find our source or at least to allow us to discover who we really are.... has this happened

The good book says we are one like them, the gods...so what has stopped humanity from advancing into higher consciousness so that he can know the truth for him / herself

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Considering how many times the so called Good Book has been rewritten to serve the needs of a select few, I trust the Forbidden Gospels as more truthful than the popular account. Judas, Mary, Thomas... they make more sense to me, and I find that I'm not as offended when I read them.
None of these documents were actually written by the apostles, only named after them for the sake of reference and popularity with the priests. The Emperor Constantine gathered together the local 'wise men' in christian folklore and they cobbled together a state religion that would ensure a steady income for the churches and ignorance, fear, and guilt among the populace. A fearful, ignorant mass of people are easier to manipulate than an educated one.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

This has always been my understanding.....but I was just 7 when I saw Jesus Christ Superstar and I guess I was looking for a reason to understand Judas better....I tried to choose Judas as my confirmation name (Catholic) but my priest thought I was just being a punk kid. So to make a short story long........This information isn't new to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I've always wondered why people would believe that Judas betrayed Jesus for a little silver, I mean... cmon, it's Jesus right? JustSayin'

Actually, many people didn't believe Jesus was who he said he was. When he told Judas to follow him "Spiritually" there would have been an inner war inside of Judas as far as the old "ego" ways programmed by the world, Versus, the new heart, Love, Peace based ways the Jesus was teaching.

In that schism/war going on inside of Judas, it wouldn't have been surprising for Judas to fall to the Ego's tricks and agree to silver for giving up Jesus, especially considering that a large portion of the "Old Gurad" was arguing that Jesus is a threat to the status quo.

Doesn't it make more sense that Jesus, in order to finish his plan and become immortalized forever would have to go through with the crucifixion, in which Judas helped move along?

If you look at the history of any mystic, monks, hermit, or saint who taught a selfless ego death path that bumped up against the status quo, there are many example of that person being beaten, imprisoned, killed, tortured for teaching Enlightenment

But if you tell it that way, it takes away from the 'evilness' that was his persecution and crucifixion, it just wouldn't jive. Excuse my ignorance, but to me... it all seems very, hmmm... Socrates like, or Plato's account of Socrates' execution. Now, I've always been under the impression that if there was never Socrates, Plato, and Pythagoras(countless others, but you get the point) that there would have never been the story of Jesus. The form, the means, the style, the entire discussion that is the New Testament just seems like a rehash of Ancient Greek Philosophy. Am I the only one? I know there's plenty of self proclaimed biblical scholars on ATS, so I thought I'd share and get some opinions. Maybe learn a thing or two, hopefully three.

I'm actually an Espouser of the Gospel of Thomas, considering its the oldest of all the currently existing NT texts and is very buddhist, zen, nondual, philosophical, and neo-platonic in its message. I believe it is the deeper teachings of Christ that he taught in secret to the select few, because the average Joe wouldn't "get it" per se.

With that in mind, I am open to considering Gospel of Judas as a possibility, and at the end of the day, to me it doesn't matter whether its the way the Bible says it happened with Judas, or the way the Gospel of Judas says it happened.

It would be like buying a new car and having to choose whether I want it in pearl white or midnight black.

Tbh, in the grand scheme of things Jesus came to show a way to Enlightenment, Spiritual Awakening, Ego Death, Mystical Grace, and so forth. Does the difference in whether or not Judas sold him out or was asked willingly to give him up, change the main purpose and message?

Not at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by Osiris1953

I've always found the idea of the Gospel of Judas. To me it's always seemed to be a more plausible story. Thank for the thread, I'm glad you posted this.

Wouldn't believe anything Judas supposedly wrote, besides he hanged himself right after his betrayal. Jesus also said it would be better for him if he had never been born. Not going to be real nice whats coming for him at the end.

At least two different versions of how he killed himself. hang, eviserate.
Peter got to be first Pope for his betrayal.
2000 years later and people still hating on Judas....Perhaps Jesus knew Judas was going to go down in history that way so he felt bad and told him, "dude, sucks to be you, better if you hadn't been born"

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
thanks for finding this pdf. of this, i had only seen a small part of it in a thread here that said 'jesus was an alien shapeshifter', where i had jokingly compared it to the billy mierer bible, as unity99 has.

anyway, in reading it, only 1/2way done, it's just like the naghammadi texts i've read...

[-about 15 lines missing-]
[-about 17 lines missing-]
[.... ]
[..... ]
[...... ]

all these texts are rather incomplete and, it seems to me, that it has been done on purpose.
the missing sections are the ones that really contain the important information concerning the true nature of spiritual things.
it's like somebody took sciccors (or whiteout) and removed everything they didn't want to be known.
oh well, back to reading...
gospel of judas

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
news.yahoo.com...

Truth Behind Gospel of Judas Revealed in Ancient Inks

That was ALL I needed to read.

IF you want the truth...

The "news" is not the place to look for it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

First I'd like to thank everyone for their participation, and to point out that this is the first conversation about a conspiracy with in the Bible that nobody has gone on the defensive. Thank you for being civil.

As to tinhattribuna's comments:

I know what you mean! The whole time I'm reading it and I come to a point where large blocks of text are missing I thought to myself "oh cmon! that's where all the good stuff is!". The missing text does seem to be very convenient, I'm not sure if I'd attribute any prospect that this was done intentionally, but who knows.

I'll try to respond to most of the comments a little bit later, for now... duty calls.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join