posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:52 AM
Some interesting points, a few of which align with some of my own ideas about what would be nice to haves.
The friend one is interesting tho, I guess that would be good to just "offload" any grievances you have, and not have to worry about a biased
response, being judged, or offending anyone. I watched that movie too, was pretty cool...once you get past the man in a suit
So for me, in order, it would have to be these.
1. Intelligent information search. I work in IT, and looking for specifics on Google/Bing/add fave search engine here, using just keywords can be a
real bind these days. As it just doesn't understand what you "mean". I'd easily save 30 minutes a day if I could just punch in stuff like "Why
isn't my SQL database connecting when XYZ", or if I forgot something that was frustrating me "What was that film where the guy was the savior and
was stuck in a computer world?" *Tron or the Matrix OFC*
1.a Like the above, but could offer solutions to issues that I am having in whatever subjects.
2. Keep me up to date on news/topics I am interested in. I spend such a lot of time working, that I miss a lot of cool stuff going on in the world.
So if I could tell it "Hey I like to know about news regarding interesting IT topics, current business affairs, cars, and Tarantino movies", it
could keep an eye on the web day in day out, and any new news topics that I would like, fancy new cars, or Kill Bill 4 was announced, it could let me
3. Be a real PA. As I said I'm always working long and silly hours, so if I could inform said AI "I'm in a meeting now, if Tom emails me, then
send a reply telling him I'll get back to him after my meeting. Oh and remind me when I return that Tom emailed me so that I don't forget"
4. Other day to day tasks "Find me the cheapest new price for ABC on the internet from reputable suppliers", "Give me some review summaries on
*enter thing here*, etc etc
5. Be a "friend" ( I liked that one so I added it )
There are some of mine, I'm sure there's tons of others too, maybe mine will inspire some other suggestions.