It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Transmission Detected from North Korea

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If anyone is interested in numbers stations you should google The Conet Project. It's interesting stuff. Or if you have a shortwave radio, you might get lucky by slowly going up and down the dial for a couple of hours. You'll eventually find a numbers station. Usually in Spanish. They are very real. Who they are for and what they are saying, no one really knows.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yessir.
Not sure if there was a post by Zaphod detailing NK weapons and temperment.
You may want to search for that post by Zaphod.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Twilightgem
Here is one source for missing subs

Also it can be found in these

Disappeared a few days before leaving the naval base in North Korea, please submersible two. Meanwhile, South Korea military to track the movement of North Korean submarine corvettes to send an additional vigilance. Between the beginning of next week, starting tomorrow. Been obtained intelligence that North Korea’s provocations can

A few days ago, North Korean submarine two disappeared after leaving the naval base in Hwanghae Province Please hid a military source said.

30m small, 130-ton torpedo can carry a two-foot Chinese crew of 10 people, and at depths of less than 100m mission for more than three or four days longer available.

Can anyone find a more reliable source for the radio transmission? I was not finding one.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Twilightgem because: (no reason given)

source of quote

I don't know if that quoted content was auto-translated, or just written by someone just learning English, but it is a HIL-AR-IOUS read! I especially like the part about the 30-metre small, 130-ton torpedo that can carry ten 2 foot tall Chinese people!!

Also, FYI guys, on page 1, the up up down down, etc. code, known as the Konami Code has been used in dozens of games, and still is to this day (as recently as on PS3 games), though only on a handful of NES (Nintendo) games. Just a little sidebar from a guy who got PacMan for the Atari 2600 for xmas at 7 years old. To think mom and dad thought we'd grow out of video games at the time. Heh...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by NightFlight

But you can't compare before, and NOW...just in the past few years alone... That Chinese sub incident in 2007 drove a push for more computing power. Our sub detection systems were fine, but the problem was the analysis took too long to be real effective (we did detect the sub, but couldn't analyze the data quick enough to be of use). That has been solved and is now real time, as computing power is leaps and bounds from what it was, and of course, better detection systems to boot.

Thanks for that info. That incident freaked me out and I have not heard anything more about it until your post.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am almost positive that NK does not have nuclear capable submarines. I mean capable of delivering nuclear payloads, as well as nuclear driven submarines. Their most capable submarines are known as the "shark class," or sango, and I think there is a second main version they started building around 5 or so years ago. These subs carry maybe 20 crewmembers, and have two torpedo tubes. Being as this is the sub NK was phasing others subs out for, I am thinking they do not even have subs capable of launching missiles. Couple that with the fact that NK barely even has the capability to deliver a ballistic missile to a distance of 1000 miles or so, I am not worried about any surprise attacks from them.

Traditionally their subs have been used for covert infiltrations into SK, and some may remember the incidents that occurred in the 90's, where 20 something NK special forces soldiers came ashore in SK and were killed while attempting to flee back to the north. I think their submarine was disabled for some reason, so they abandoned it, although I could be wrong. The entire sub count for the NK navy is less than 100. The true number is probably anywhere from 60-80, although many of these are midget subs, and I think all of them are diesel-electric powered, which limits them compared to western subs. And, from an armament point of view, these subs do not compare to western subs.

My biggest fear personally is that NK can somehow get their hands on Delta IV subs from Russia, or get some of Russia's new Sineva Liner SLBM's. That is one of the few key areas that Russia has going for it militarily speaking, and I would not fear NK too much unless they were able to acquire hardware of this nature. If Russia truly wanted to help NK in a war with the US, which I doubt at this point, they could give them some of these bad boys. I have a feeling that the specs for these missiles tell us the US may not be able to bring them down with what we know of the current MD systems that are deployed. But as it stands now, NK does not have any great naval capabilities where subs are concerned. Many of their other subs are strictly used for laying mines, or transporting troops.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
For those of you who think that the NK don't have a capable battle fleet consider:

Approximately 60 percent of the North Korean naval force is deployed close to the front line area. They include 430 combat vessels, such as patrol boats, missile boats, torpedo boats and fire support vessels, 35 submarines including 9 small ones, and 335 supporting vessels such as landing ships and air cushion vessels. Support vessels are composed of amphibious vessels including personnel landing craft, landing craft air cushion (LCAC), surface patrol boats and mine countermeasure vessels. These support vessels, however, have a limited role in long-distance operations. Submarines, most of which are of the 20-some Romeo-class, are outdated and slow, but they are sufficiently capable of blocking sea lanes. These vessels could attack ROK surface vessels, emplace mines anywhere within the ROK maritime territory, or secretly infiltrate commandos into the South.
GlobalSecurity.com

While these may not be able to go toe-to-toe with a US warship, in number they represent a sizeable force.

And it appears that the US isn't unduly worried at the moment, since only the 3rd and 7th Fleets are in theater, and only 34% of the fleet is currently at sea. I would expect this to be closer to 60-75% if they expected imminent action, like they were during Desert Storm and Operation Enduring Freedom.

Deployable Battle Force Ships: 284
Ships Deployed: 95 (34%)
Ships Underway for Local Ops / Training (USFF / 3rd Fleet): 34 (12%)
Ships Underway
Aircraft Carriers:
USS Nimitz (CVN 68) - Pacific Ocean
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) - 5th Fleet
USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) - 3rd Fleet
Amphibious Assault Ships:
USS Peleliu (LHA 5) - 7th Fleet
USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) - 5th Fleet
USS Bataan (LHD 5) - Atlantic

Aircraft (operational): 3700+ Deployable Battle Force Ships: 284
Ships Deployed: 95 (34%)
Ships Underway for Local Ops / Training (USFF / 3rd Fleet): 34 (12%)
Ships Underway
Aircraft Carriers:
USS Nimitz (CVN 68) - Pacific Ocean
USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) - 5th Fleet
USS John C. Stennis (CVN 74) - 3rd Fleet
Amphibious Assault Ships:
USS Peleliu (LHA 5) - 7th Fleet
USS Kearsarge (LHD 3) - 5th Fleet
USS Bataan (LHD 5) - Atlantic

Aircraft (operational): 3700+
Status of the US Navy

Something to gnaw on, this play in a theater of near war.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Unless North Korea wants to become a huge car park for South Korea, they will not start anything. Even if China was to get involved, which from what I know they absolutely will not and have even informed North Korea of this, then I don't see what the worry is. North Korea knows if it showed weakness it would be rolled over, so it has to forever show an aggressive stance while at the same time come across as totally nuts. Yes they could push it too far and South Korea responds with cross boarder fire that could escalate, but that is still highly unlikely.

One thing to note, did you know that there are more conflicts and wars happening today around the world than at any point in human history? So much for becoming more civilised! Although I'm well aware that the world has not always been as easily documented as it is today so it would be hard to validate such a claim...but still!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockymcgilicutty
That's it run in fear people N Korea has let their Homemade Midget costal submarines loose.
Bring the Navy home, cancel the sanctions , S Korea give up bow to the mighty kim, yadda yadda yadda.

edit on 8-4-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

Oh Rocky, you made my day!!!

I haven't been up to my usual antics on ATS as of late, I'm glad to see you haven't lost your wind.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

All your base are belong to us

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MidKnight

HAHAHA

All your base are belong to us

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

Thanks for this post Nice. I don't thank you for the Sprite out my nose while I was choking to death laughing, but I made it! You say there's a North Korean submarine on the loose? Oh My, wait a sec. Yeah, yeah, your right, I just put a water glass to my ear and placed it on my coffee table, I can hear it from here! They're right behind that big rock over by the 'kimi 'd''s drive thru right there near the ole border by the sea! that was close!
S&F !

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The North Koreans have a Kilo?, which, if they've kept it in relatively good repair, is the most dangerous sub they have for any ships out there. Nobody likes the Kilo. Diesel electric, maybe upgraded with a compressed air/regenerative air system, they are very quiet, have a very low magnetic signature, and in close to shore, with a good skipper, it can score. Who cares? Nobody. Unless of course they want to use they're subs against a cruise ship or a RO/RO full of Kia's, then that would be problematic. I mean, after all, piracy is against the law of the sea isn't it?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSep

Wait they actually have SUBS???

You could probably buy a better, far more sophisticated sub from Columbian drug cartels.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Maybe someone in NK has been watching you tube videos about increasing fuel efficiency with hydrogen fuel cells. The old diesel sub maybe has been upgraded. All kinds of technology available to anyone with web access. Just saying that you never know what might happen. Even that mini sub that people laugh about, ever hear of David vs. Goliath. I bet Goliath never saw it coming...Hope not, though. I live in US.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Patriotsrevenge
Yes number stations were very big during the cold war, probably the most famous type station that was really never figured out was the Russian Woodpecker station and everyone about crapped themselves when it stopped broadcasting for the first time in many years as it went non stop for decades. Most people thought it was a dead-hand controller for Russian nukes. Shortly after it came to life with a true number station type broadcast to only go back to the Woodpecker type noise again.

You are mixing up different systems. Woodpecker was a Soviet Over the Horizon Radar System.

en.wikipedia.org...

The 'Buzzer' is a Soviet and then Russian/CIS Command and Control broadcast.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hijinx

No problem man

I am just getting tired of these threads. The Kim's have done this shouting and puffing for as long as I can remember. They will shoot off a missile then tell their people it was a great victory.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MidKnight
Transmission Deycrypted -

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start

One of the best posts ever! But its.......B, A, Select, Start.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This youtuber has several (albeit poorly-done) recordings of what purports to be a shortwave radio capture of VoK, in which he correctly identifies one of the messages as a digital data burst. He seems to be confused as to the origin though.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
Why post something if you know the source is shaky and could be fake. Can you explore it and find out if its fake since you brought up the subject.

Um...because he read something that interested him and asked if there was anyone more knowledgeable about the subject that could educate him a little about this. To which he did receive an answer a couple of posts after yours.

Why would you get your panties so bound up about someone at a conspiracy site asking for help understanding something? The OP wasn't trying to scaremonger or anything - he was asking for more info. Settle down.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Originally posted by TheSep
Wait NK has missing subs?!

Wait.... NK has subs?

My thoughts exactly!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join