It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My congratulations to Bush supporters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I may disagree with George W. Bush's policies.
I may be a stauch Democratic supporter.

But I am not petty.

I wish to congratulate those people who voted for Bush on the win of their candidate.

I also very much hope that Bush supporters will not shut out the 50-odd million people who voted for Kerry as "un-American" or just "wooly-hearted liberals". In my honest view, if ever your country needs unity, it's now. If it's going to achieve that, it needs the winners not to gloat shamelessly, and the losers not to be endlessly bitter.

As I've said, I'll be taking a break from ATS for a while. Given the intense and sometimes bitter partisanship on this board in the past weeks, I intended to do so no matter who won tonight. I know there'll be a lot of gloating, and it doesn't really interest me to see that.

Try to pull together, folks.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Have a good break Otts. I didnt want to see Bush win but I didnt believe Kerry would change things for the better.

Heres hoping all the doomsayers are wrong.

Peace

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thank you...Bush Wins!!!!!!!!!!1

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I wish to mark this occasion with the following thoughts:

May we all let the sniping, partisanship, demagoguery, accusations and name-calling that has led up to the election be put to rest forever.

And let the sniping, partisanship, demagoguery, accusations and name-calling that will characterize the post-election period begin!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Bush wins. Democracy truely works in US. Its all for the best. hehe

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
To all the Bush supporters - I don't agree with Dubya (except on his stance against abortion) but if he won fair and square then it is only right for me to offer my congratulations.

I will however say one thing. If you voted for him. You will be held accountable for what he does in the future, good and bad.

I hope he proves me wrong - for the sake of the world, I truly hope he proves me wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Otts great show of how a person should act even if the person they wanted to win didnt.

You are right after this is all behind us we need to come together not split each other apart. If Kerry should some how win I would stand behind the office of the President even if I dont agree with his views.

Otts

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
let me say it too Otts, enjoy your break from this board, and i also hope this country can unite.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Enjoy your respite from the partisanship, Otts!

I voted Bush. Now he just has four more years to prove I did the right thing. I won't gloat about it. He won. End of story.

I will say one thing. Given the sheer numbers, I really wish Kerry had given his concession tonight. I think prolonging it in order to see the margin open further, as has been the trend, just prolongs the division in the country.

I look for both candidates to rally behind the 'unity' cause.

Let's put this all to rest and get back to true denying of ignorance and the purpose of this forum.

Good luck America, and God Bless.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
otts, you conceed to a win that hasn't happened yet, there's still a chance that Kerry may win,... a slight one but it's not over till it's over. If Bush does win there's always the choice of calling for impeachment, which will happen,..... people are not happy, I'm very disturbed over the way things went today.
One county in Florida wasn't able to vote because of the voting machine, (funny how things like that seem to happen there), our voting machine in my precinct mal-functioned this evening ( funny how those machines that came from Florida, does that
).

But the election is not over,..... ballots have to be counted yet, but if bush win,..... congrads to the Bush-God followers, but he will never be my president,.... not in this life time.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Not a chance in this lifetime Kerry will get elected. And so it should be.

For the security of America's future and the free-world at large, look forward to a safer world.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I see this thread is taking a left turn. Not wha the poster wanted.

Otts, I think I only have one word for your thoughts on the matter ............ mature

I hate to see you go for a while, we (you know who I mean) need your candles. But, on the other hand, I wish you well that you may get whatever it is in life you need to do - done to the best

I hope to see you as quick as it is finally put to rest.

Bright Blessings Otts,

Misfit

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I agree that if Bush has won fair and square, then its legit.

However, disunity will save this country, not unity. We cannot be united under the current course we travel, so I say, keep up the dissent and political back stabbing. it might save America as we once loved it.

Sounds horrible, I know. But this country is deeply divided, and Bush simply does not care about the rest of the country that did not agree with him.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I offer my congrats to Bush and co, but I still dont respect him, or think he did a good job. Honestly, If I wernt tied down here, Id see if Otts needed a roommate up north. I am a little beside myself this morning, and as I said in another thread, I have lost faith in my country.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Otts...much appreciated...like a true gentleman...I dont dislike Kerry on a human/personal basis...just his ways in politics...but if he wins...Ill support him until 2008...Otts...I wish more democrats were like you...

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Otts, enjoy your break. As a Bush supporter I want to go on record and say that time for partisan bickering is past. This was a tight election, both sides did a great job in getting out their base. This time the vote went our way, In 08 it might swing back towards the Democrats.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:18 AM
link   
If you think this is disunity, try a situation where America is so divided that we line ourselves up in rows and shoot rifles at each other.

That is disunity.

For my part, I'm not calling for uniformity of opinion, just some civility in discussion.

The "anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot" posts that have been polluting the forums lately are dragging down the quality of the board.

I don't consider people with differing opinions to be idiots, but I can't say that about people who are too infantile to do likewise.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
In 08 it might swing back towards the Democrats.

Im hoping that Hillary runs
The first woman president. Although she already had four unofficial years at it

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Edit for dbl post...sorry

[edit on 11/3/04 by Kidfinger]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Thanks Otts.
I'm happy Bush won..

Kerry ran a competetive Race. It seemed very close. But he lost.
I hope he comes to his senses quickly, and concedes.

It was quite a "republican mandate" considering House and Senate seats gained as well.

No Gloating here, just a mental "snoopy dance" if thats ok?, LOL.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join