It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im concerned.... very very concerned....

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

ATS got hacked with another DDos attack tonight...it was your Daughter...wasn't it.....

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Destinyone

Des, we had no idea you were a crayfish.
How does typing work with claws anyway?

Easy peasy Asktheanimals. Once I learned to fashion the mud into a keyboard. Piece of cake.....

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
My 5 yr old knows a lot more then us, he is constantly changing iPhone settings and setups and hiding apps somewhere on our phones. I'm sure it's just a devious joke on his behalf to confuse mum&dad.

The knowledge seems to be inbuilt. Hubby has just gone back to a standard mobile cause he can't handle it lol. Guess who's 5yr old thinks he's getting an iPhone. Not on your life kiddo!!

We try to keep the balance in this house, a little technology with a lot of mud & sticks. I don't envy you with hacker talk, that's scary stuff.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

At 7, I'd chuckle, a few more years of similar behavior, I'd be more concerned.

Here's the thing, knowing that you have to "hack a server" doesn't begin to explain how to actually do it. Anyone can toss terms like that around. I guess I'd want to explain to the youngster that it's a crime. Sure, it's a game you are talking about, but hacking is a crime, and so is stealing, would she like it if some kid nextdoor saw something through her window and decided to come steal it? Probably not very much.

You can't really expect to let a kid use the internet and have them not pickup some of the lingo. Actions speak louder, is this the only devious thing she's tried to pull? I mean, in the grand scope of things it's pretty harmless. I'd actually be more concerned with that she might be reading in the youtube comments than her wanting to get a free sword in minecraft.

Without getting into specifics, I am a computer guy by hobby and trade, I have done programming but mostly stick to the hardware side of things now. My "hacking" experience would be cracking peoples wifi passwords (once because my work network blocks too much stuff including ATS, the rest to force the people to secure their wifi points).

One day, I check on facebook, FACEBOOK, and a relative is asking me to "hack" into a competing private college's computer network to steal prospective student contact information. This relative is not computer literate, I had to talk them through switching their laptop display from sideways to normal. Yet this sounded like a business proposal. Not only could I not do it, I was confused as to why they would like I even could.

CSI. Your kid watches csi right? lol

edit on 9-4-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2013 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Today it's Minecraft, tomorrow she'll be in my WOW account sharding my professor plumbs.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
While I was an outdoors kid, loved fishing and catching Crawdads on the river I wish I had three Items from my childhood because they would be worth a butt load of money right now. The first Atari, Nintendo and a whole set of Transformers. Those Transformers were the shiznit back then costing almost a hundred dollars each in the 80's. Oh also all the GI Joe crap.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

I had almost the complete set of transformers action figures. Transformers back then were way better than today. Event he transformer movies of today suck, i hate them. What the hell happened to the likes of omega supreme, galvatron, Ultra magnus, unicron? Those were the best story arcs and characters.

The only thing i have to say is the new transformers games war for cybertron and fall of cybertron were so accurate to the origional story and i honestly cant wait until the third one comes out.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

haha, chuckles it is, ty for that

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

" she is asking to do the right thing"..........by cheating and stealing?? I'd worry more about your husband, at least the girl is still young enough to save............maybe.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by FollowTheWhiteRabbit
Pffft. Your girl needs to learn early on in life that working for diamonds and ingredients to make potions in Minecraft is far more rewarding than taking them from other people.

How else will she get enough experience to fight the Ender Dragon?

I know, I know.

Its the entitlement mindset of her generation. It all started when I bought her the 2 story my little pony crystal castle... with the ponies, magic wand, and ballroom for the ponies to dance. If Id have had any sense Id have bought her Lincoln Logs... our dystopian future is totally my fault...

I don't agree it's your fault at all. She is surrounded, In fact, by the dystopian present. She cannot help but be sucked into and effected by it. I felt similarly about my daughter at that age. I told her on a few occasions when she became a teenager that if she didn't get a handle on it, I'd be bailing her out of jail eventually.

Today, she is a 24 yr. old college graduate, not that this means these concerns of mine have been totally laid to rest....but I do have hope. Nevertheless, we do continue to disagree on some core, ethical life foundation issues, but I find her friends in her age group to have a similar view.

Perhaps, partly, it is a sign of the times, in the changes of our society, reflected in our children, no matter how we try to raise them.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
guess my finger was agitated and hit the button twice....
edit on 9-4-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
does she actually play with anyone, if not she should she be on creative mode, all the diamonds she wants then.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
My parents made me play with sticks...
edit on 4/8/13 by Hefficide because: Yes - once again I missed an ENTIRE word!!!

If I told my Dad, "I'm bored!" he would tell me, "Go outside and make your own fun." Growing up I remember there were two kinds of kids. The first kind were "outdoor kids" and the second kind were "indoor kids". Indoor kids were seen as boring, generally lazy and (usually) fat.

In those days, rocks were "grenades" and sticks were swords. I can't tell you how many trees I had fights with.

Kids don't play make-believe outside anymore. I was lucky enough to have thousands of acres of state park land behind my house growing up. I litterally grew up playing in the woods as a kid. What I can't believe is that my parents just let me run around in the woods pretending to be a G.I. Joe or an Indian.

I used to freak the neighbors out because I would dress all in cammo, paint my face and hide in bushes. Seeing some 6 year old all in cammo come sneaking out into your back yard would freak the hell out of me today as an adult.

Ah those were the days...
edit on 9-4-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2013 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Buy her the cheat book. All games have a "cheat" book. They are expensive, but will teach her the meaning of "authorization".

Why do you let her play for so long? Afraid she'll throw a fit?

Tell her, look if you are going to die, please go outside and do that. I am expecting company later and I don't want to have to clean up the mess.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
Buy her the cheat book. All games have a "cheat" book. They are expensive, but will teach her the meaning of "authorization".

Tell her, look if you are going to die, please go outside and do that. I am expecting company later and I don't want to have to clean up the mess.

Oh gawd...that sounds like something my Mother would have said to me as a child.

I remember many a time, coming in crying about something, going to her...and her response would be.

"So, you're crying again..Get your butt over here, I'll give you something to cry about".....

And..the ever memorable. "If you don't stop doing that, I'm going to kill you. Tell God you died, then dig you up and kill you again".

Yes, therapy has been very very good to me.......

Des

edit on 9-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

"So, you're crying again..Get your butt over here, I'll give you something to cry about".....

And..the ever memorable. "If you don't stop doing that, I'm going to kill you. Tell God you died, then dig you up and kill you again".

Thats awful. And abusive.

No, the tone should be way muted and quiet. Not threatening.

Counter emotional. Besides, I would never add insult to a child's injury. Your issue was too much video game playing, I believe?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Just thought Id give my fellow ATSers a chuckle.

Mission accomplished!

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

Thats awful. And abusive.

No, the tone should be way muted and quiet. Not threatening.

Counter emotional. Besides, I would never add insult to a child's injury. Your issue was too much video game playing, I believe?

There were no video games when I was born in 1950.....

I was showing an example of what my Mother used to say to me, as a child. I think you may have gotten me mixed up with the OP.

Des

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2   >>

join