It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trending Pages Not Populating - Bugged?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Just a moment ago I opened the trending pages window and it looks nothing like it used to.

Previously, threads would mostly fill the window with at least 20 viewers per page. Now (just checked again) this is what I am seeing:

Is this broken, or what is going on with it?
Anyone else seeing the same?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here's another screencap showing blank subject lines amidst the few threads being displayed, using Firefox 20.0

399 registered users, and 3255 guests logged on at the time of this edit, for reference...
edit on 8-4-2013 by Sek82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Uh oh...same for me. I looked at trending pages last, 2 days ago...all topics were scrolling, and doing their jiggly dance just fine then. TY for bringing this to board attention.

Des

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

Same here. It's most def bugged. Mine shows about four topics...

It's a conspiracy!

-SAP-

edit on 8-4-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Hey, how ya doing? the last time I looked was *during* the massive DDos attack on ATS. I was accessing through a Canadian proxy. I couldn't post nor flag or star through the proxy. But, I did access every section of ATS, just to see if I could. Trending Pages was working then.

I wonder if ATS is being beefed up, security wise, section by section. I miss Trending Pages...the jiggly dance was cool....

Des

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I'm looking through things, and can't find a link to "trending pages". Where can users locate this mysterious stat? (it will probably be so simple to find it that it's probably right here in front of me).

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

It would make sense for them to beef up after the DDoS events. I know I would. ATS is always changing though.

Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

...on a lighter note.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I'm looking through things, and can't find a link to "trending pages". Where can users locate this mysterious stat? (it will probably be so simple to find it that it's probably right here in front of me).

It's at the very top of the page. It's next to the "ATS Live" and "ATS Videos" buttons.

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We discontinued the service as the core technology that made it happen was getting to expensive for us to continue.

We're looking at alternative methods to provide the same information, but for now, it's gone.

sorry

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Totally understandable. Thanks for letting us know, SO.

Des

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   

No biggie!

It gave great insight into what topics members were focusing on at any given time, and so it shall be missed.

Looking forward to seeing what new innovative feature may take its place in the future.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Good luck finding an alternative solution. I consider it my most important page to check out at least once a day. I figure if there is something important suddenly going on in the world, the top of the trending page is the place to get the heads up.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Being expensive I can understand. I must vote on it really being missed. It worked out so perfect on my android phone.

I did see a possibility of people keeping it open and draining bandwidth though.

I vote on a non expensive replacement.

Whoever thought of the trending topics page in the first place was brilliant.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Dang it! I liked having that ATS feature. I am not sure how many sites have similar features, but I haven't seen a feature anywhere else that is as handy as the /ATSTrend.html page.

It was such a simple, easy to use feature, but contained a lot of information about the current atmosphere on ATS as a whole.

I do hope you guys can some up with something that reflects the same sort of luxury the /ATSTrend.html page provided.

new topics

top topics

join