It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF agents reportedly used man with low IQ in botched sting operation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I have another story to share with the community today concerning our dear friends at the ATF. These people are cold and cruel, and will use whatever means necessary to achieve an objective, even if it means using a person with a low IQ that doesn't know any better.

Federal authorities are under fire for a botched 10-month undercover storefront operation in the Milwaukee are that used a local man with a low IQ to set up their gun and drug deals and then turned on him, charging him with crimes that could send him to prison for the rest of his life, the Journal Sentinel reported.

The report says agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives convinced Chauncey Wright to help them in their “Fearless Distributing” sting by paying him in cigarettes, merchandise and money to ride his bike around town and hand out fliers recommending the fake storefront to friends, family and strangers.

So they conned this poor guy into doing their dirty work. They played off of this man's addictions and needs to hand out fliers to lure in friends, family, and strangers. I mean how messed up is it that you need to use basic needs/wants on a low IQ individual?

Wright, 28, thought he was helping promote the store that stocked its shelves with shoes, clothing, drug paraphernalia and auto parts, according to his family. But once authorities shut down the operation, they came after him, charging him with federal gun and drug counts. He’s currently in the Waukesha County Jail. His attorney, Joseph Bugni, declined a request by the newspaper to interview him.

So, he assumed he was helping a store promote it's business, trying to do a good deed. But low and behold, once authorities shut down the sting-op, they turned on him and charged him with federal gun and drug charges.

The agency conducted a deeply flawed sting operation that resulted in a still-missing machine gun being taken from an agent’s car, thousands of taxpayer dollars being lost in merchandise and angry residents saying that ATF officials reintroduced crime into their neighborhood, the Journal Sentinel reported. The operation comes on the heels of the botched Operation Fast and Furious anti-gun trafficking program.

So it seems the ATF isn't really helping anybody but the actual criminals. I can't believe these types of incidents happen, and people just accept that ATF, and any other agency are out to help them, and they would never do anything wrong. With all the gun control debate going on, failed sting-ops by corrupt agencies, and ludicrous politicians, I don't see how we can ever restore America.

ATF is an organization designed to confiscate firearms when the time comes, they haven't successfully reduced drug crimes, or stopped cartels from spreading... I've covered this subject earlier about the ATF wanting an extended database on the US citizens, it seems to go unnoticed, all the while the police state continues it's encroachment, followed by long lines of nay-sayers and waves of denial.

Fox News

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

These guys will get your family killed to bust your pot dealer for a resin hit. I'm not even kidding. These guys are more ruthless then most drug dealers I've met in my life.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

This is what scares me about all the infringement going on right now. You better bet these goons and the TSA will be the main forces that conduct random house searches, and random checkpoints.. on a massive scale.

It's freaky reading articles day in and day out that describe what so many others warned about many years prior to now.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Technically if the ATF is involved you can say that about every thing they do.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Technically if the ATF is involved you can say that about every thing they do.

Definitely, that is how I portray these types. TSA, FBI, ATF.. etc, they just hire people that won't ask questions, and are of the authoritarian mindset. Clearly they wouldn't want to hire respectable, intellectually capable people, that wouldn't help them push their crap.

that could just be my bias, considering I've seen some of the shady things they conduct.
edit on 4/8/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I know it's sad to say, but should we all be surprised by their actions?

For the longest time I've always thought that those in the ATF were getting off-the-books bonuses for filling up private prisons.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was nothing more than a typical ploy to increase their quota and/or bonuses.

I don't see how actions similar to what was presented in the OP are here for our best interest. How do these tactics protect us from criminals?

Who are actually considered the real criminals in this case?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
okay somethings not being told concerning the story, how do you go from car parts to a gun charge???

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It sounds like that local ATF group had problems. Who loses a machine gun from a car? Who gets a machine gun in a car in the first place? How did the news people even figure out that a machine gun was missing from a car?

Journal Sentinel should get first story credit for this; I have a really strong bias against Fox News, mostly because they left a lot of things out, the fact that he was unaware it was a sting operation, that his IQ was in the 50s, that he has a criminal history for selling drugs, and that he was selling drugs to the undercover agents.

Original thread starter had it all skewed, misleading me to believe he knew the agents were undercover, that he was helping them out for the sake of a sting.
Like it's all about the poor retarded man on the bike? Spare me the pity party. ATF didn't turn on him, they were doing business of arresting people doing crimes. They would arrest children if the kids had guns or drugs, and stick them in juvie hall, if there were any there. Not like he had any sort of immunity deal when he was doing all this.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

It's sad but of course it's easier to use someone who is mentally handicapped. The rest of us would have been smart enough to say no thank you or get some type of deal in writing prior to this nonsensical op.

Poor bastard.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sandalphon
It sounds like that local ATF group had problems. Who loses a machine gun from a car? Who gets a machine gun in a car in the first place? How did the news people even figure out that a machine gun was missing from a car?

Journal Sentinel should get first story credit for this; I have a really strong bias against Fox News, mostly because they left a lot of things out, the fact that he was unaware it was a sting operation, that his IQ was in the 50s, that he has a criminal history for selling drugs, and that he was selling drugs to the undercover agents.

Original thread starter had it all skewed, misleading me to believe he knew the agents were undercover, that he was helping them out for the sake of a sting.
Like it's all about the poor retarded man on the bike? Spare me the pity party. ATF didn't turn on him, they were doing business of arresting people doing crimes. They would arrest children if the kids had guns or drugs, and stick them in juvie hall, if there were any there. Not like he had any sort of immunity deal when he was doing all this.

The point is, they set up a guy with a very low IQ, despite whatever his prior offenses may have been, they used a mentally handicapped person to promote a lucrative sting-op that didn't even go according to plan. I suppose you believe it wasn't ATF's fault that guns were smuggled into mexico either.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Must be recruiting at republican headquarters...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Sorry the only people I know who get off on taking guns away are dems.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

They just may be..but I am referring to the low IQ part..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Sorry still talking about dems.

top topics

join