It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul: "The American Republic is dead."

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A short, but powerful 5 minute video in which Dr Paul gives a rundown of the slow death of our nation. I honestly feel we are in the last hours in which something can be done to reverse this course.

Technically this video is around a year old...but I couldn't find a thread when I searched; and I feel the message merits repeating.

edit on 8-4-2013 by Shark_Feeder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I remember this video before and yes it was on ATS before. Ron Paul is a popular topic here on ATS.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

If the mods wish it I am sure this will be closed, and/or redirected.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blundo

This is the first time I have ever seen this video. You can feel free to leave the thread if you like.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Old or new, Ron Paul is always welcome. The truth can never be told too often.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Around 4:22 Dr. Paul says

"All of these horrible changes are being done in the name of patriotism and protecting freedom. They are justified by good intentions, while believing the sacrifice of liberty is required for our safety. Nothing could be further from the truth."

Our Founding Fathers' words of wisdom still have relevance to this day; most notably a quote from Benjamin Franklin...

"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one."
-Benjamin Franklin

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmoothRhythm
Around 4:22 Dr. Paul says

"All of these horrible changes are being done in the name of patriotism and protecting freedom. They are justified by good intentions"

So true, and so sad.

As has been said so often in the past... "The road to hell is paved with good intentions"

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
... I honestly feel we are in the last hours in which something can be done to reverse this course ...

I wish I could agree with you, but I believe that we've gone too far down the long, slippery slope to turn around.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope that a few years from now, everyone can call me an old curmudgeon and can remember when I ignorantly lost hope for the nation.

But I doubt that will happen.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
You all have it wrong. The great and wise Dr. Pauls version of this country is dead. We dont have a dismantlement of the government, a ridiculous gold standard ( I prefer an iron standard), and he isnt president.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by gorgi
You all have it wrong. The great and wise Dr. Pauls version of this country is dead. We dont have a dismantlement of the government, a ridiculous gold standard ( I prefer an iron standard), and he isnt president.

Could you rephrase that and possibly break it down? Where do you disagree with his speech?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
If the founding fathers came out of their graves tomorrow and saw what this nation had become their first question would be?

"Where are your muskets, why the hell aren't you fighting this?"

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Why do people always assume, or for that matter even find relevance in, the thoughts of the founding fathers. They were great men who built a nation, but the world has charged, moving with a speed and complexity they could not anticipate. It's a speculative argument and nothing more. As for Paul, enough with his magic wand babble. His belief that by regressing our behaviors to when we were prosperous we can be prosperous again. Try it in your own life and see the result. If you have kids, only spend money on things you spent money on before you had kids. If you have a mortgage, pay only the amount you paid for your first apartment. Tell me how that works out.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by VivaDiscordia

reply to post by VivaDiscordia

What are your suggestions then?

Today's policies aren't necessarily leading us to prosperity; they are barely keeping us from sinking into despair.

I feel all of the economic policies made by the last few presidents are nothing more than gambles hoping that the current mess won't get any worse so that the next guy in line can actually try to fix the mess; except that nothing ever gets truly fixed, just temporarily mended.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Honestly, I wish I could say that this country is going to make a turnaround. I don't see how that is going to happen though. A honest man like Ron Paul getting elected president was the last glimmer of hope for America ever being great again. Between the banks/corporations/special int. groups that own everywhere, everything and everyone in this country, and an apathetic ignorant general population that can't even find Africa on a map, the only conclusion I can come to is America is done for. The process has happened so fast in the last few decades and is doing nothing but picking up speed.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
If the founding fathers came out of their graves tomorrow and saw what this nation had become their first question would be?

"Where are your muskets, why the hell aren't you fighting this?"

I doubt it. They would be travelling around in horseless carriages and watching TV.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Shark_Feeder

And to think, this speech is 2 years old...

We're fugged.

edit on 9-4-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by VivaDiscordia

If you have kids, only spend money on things you spent money on before you had kids.

What a rediculous argument.

Typical for people like you to think of the American people as the government's "kids". That's exactly the attitude that got us into this mess to begin with.

What Paul is saying is that the government has become the kids...spoiled rotten kids who steal, lie, cheat, and bully, and we need to put a stop to it.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by VivaDiscordia

Why do people always assume, or for that matter even find relevance in, the thoughts of the founding fathers. They were great men who built a nation, but the world has charged, moving with a speed and complexity they could not anticipate. It's a speculative argument and nothing more. As for Paul, enough with his magic wand babble. His belief that by regressing our behaviors to when we were prosperous we can be prosperous again. Try it in your own life and see the result. If you have kids, only spend money on things you spent money on before you had kids. If you have a mortgage, pay only the amount you paid for your first apartment. Tell me how that works out.

The world has indeed changed, I'll grant you that. However mankind's struggle for liberty in the face of tyranny is as old as it gets. These founding fathers in their wisdom created the most free system of governance in human history.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder
reply to post by Blundo

If the mods wish it I am sure this will be closed, and/or redirected.

Closed - Why ? There's not a word about the Sandy Hook fraud in the entire speech.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
The world has indeed changed, I'll grant you that. However mankind's struggle for liberty in the face of tyranny is as old as it gets. These founding fathers in their wisdom created the most free system of governance in human history.

Only to be squandered by liberal Marxist's of the Obama regime running roughshod over American rights and liberties.
edit on 9-4-2013 by POXUSA because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join