It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good bye Baroness Thatcher - Farewell Britain ...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I grew up in a country that had respect, decorum and honour - no more. Today a former Prime Minister has died but so has the last remnants of the old country.

Rejoicing at the death of a former Prime Minister, jumping for joy in the streets just shows that Britain has a nasty undercurrent of small minded people with a narrow focus.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Champagne was flowing tonight as the Left took to the streets to celebrate the death of former Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher.

More than 300 people gathered in Glasgow city centre, while over 100 revellers amassed on the streets of Brixton, south London.

Within hours of her death, people had taken to micro blogging sites to organise the gatherings.

In Glasgow's George Square anti-capitalist campaigners shouted from loudspeakers, 'Maggie, Maggie, Maggie' as the crowd replied 'dead, dead, dead.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

This country has been overtaken by people who really do not think for themselves but repeat parrot like unsubstantiated phrases like..

‘’ Thatcher is to blame [add anything here]’’

Is this because they are uninformed ? unthinking?

We are all entitled to our views and I did not agree with all of Mrs Thatcher’s policies, but to dance on her grave is vile. It shows the extent to which Britain has turned into a cold, nasty, small minded place.

Britain is in terminal decline – not because of Mrs Thatcher but because it is populated with unthinking, cruel people who are brainwashed and media saturated. The media any media does the thinking for them these days.

Good Bye Britain – I will miss you.

edit on 8-4-2013 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

British left-wing politics has been like that for decades.
A religion designed to allow people to feel virtuous about feeling hatred.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have been thinking this over as various people celebrate her death. Constructive criticism is one thing. However, it seems many just do it because they want attention. Yes, I said it! But as you look online you can clearly people do not have any reason to criticize her and just call her ridiculous names, etc. It's not right in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

I was shocked today at work when a colleague informed me she would be celebrating and I said -

' oh that is nice what is the occasion '

She said ' Thatcher is dead'

That is how I found out ... this person appears very mild mannered and gentle and I was shocked to be honest.

I really believe alot of people in Britain today are extremely nasty - especially just below the skin, and it has got worse in recent years.

A darkness has fallen on this land for sure.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Is she the voice of the people or are the people the voice of discontent??
They have a right to feel as they felt.
If a public figure dies and even the media reports people just might be happy....maybe the voice of the people should be heard for once.

Rejoicing at the death of a former Prime Minister, jumping for joy in the streets just shows that Britain has a nasty undercurrent of small minded people with a narrow focus.

If the current PM of my country went....the party i would throw will have many people with no politically correct shame.

Is it the media with narrow focus or the people she "represented"???

I know people are pissed AND happy but both opinions need to be weighed equally.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

A darkness has fallen on this land for sure.

Why because they didn't give a crap about a politician??

I think the darkness fell when politicians quit giving a crap about the people.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Well this thread is about the demise of the British people and the large number of people who are blatantly disrespectful.

Yes people can be rude, nasty, cruel and disrespectful - but does it add to Britain's strength.

NO.

The reason that Britain is going down the swanny is because the attitude of many of her citizens stinks ! To be frank.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

If the current PM of my country went....

But the revealing thing here is that Maggie was not current.
There are lots of people expressing their hostility who weren't even born when she left office, and more who don't remember anything she actually did.
What they've got is a kind of inherited demonisation based on nothing but a name.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

If the current PM of my country went....

But the revealing thing here is that Maggie was not current.
There are lots of people expressing their hostility who weren't even born when she left office, and more who don't remember anything she actually did.
What they've got is a kind of inherited demonisation based on nothing but a name.

Absolutely true - the unthinking, brainwashed masses ?
How will this country ever recover with so many people living here who are like that ?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Good riddance to bad rubbish. If only we could usher out David Cameron now!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Britain to me is a story about Celtic battles, Viking rape and pilliage, murderous wars, witch hunts, slavery, beheadings and guillotines.

I am British and today I celebrate the death of someone on the other side.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Thank you for illustrating so aptly exactly what I was talking about.

This thread is not about the whys and where fors of politics.

It is about respect, politeness and honour and how it is lacking in todays Britain.

Britain today is truely 'broken' full of half wits if you ask me or to put it politely there is a high proportion of people in this country who have a cerebral cognitive dissonance meter on overdrive whilst the thinking meter is in reverse.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Good Bye Britain – I will miss you.

A bit over dramatic I think

Britain is still here we're just short one Elitist , we will survive unless her Demon spawn Cameron and his cohorts take us into the abyss .
Shed no tears for Torries because they care not for you .

edit on 8-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

This has nothing to do with politics.

Nothing,

It is about the general rudeness, lack of consideration for others, self obsessed manner of many and the absence of civility that is so pronounced in British people today.

I repeat RIP Britain.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by HelenConway

Originally posted by Just Chris

Britain today is truely 'broken' full of half wits if you ask me.

Ermmm.....nope, I didn't ask you.

However I'm intrigued. Are these 'half wits' you refer too in any way linked solely down to those who disagree with your opinion, or is this based on some kind of assumed 'fact'?

Curious.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with politics.

This has everything to do with politics , if she was not the politician she was her passing would not ilicit this response .
She has been judged on her actions and the harm she did to this country and the people of this country .

edit on 8-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

This thread is in the rant section and is not about politics - I should know I started it,
It is about how the decline of Britain is being hastened by the people who live there, who are the British people.
Sadly,

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The decline of the UK is because of politics, the 'leaders', now and then, are the cause of this hate.
2nd line.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by andypb

I see it this way there are maybe 1000 politicians, 55 million voters - who has the power ?
That is a rhetorical question actually.

We as a country, as a people need to take personal responsibility for ourselves and our country.
The blame culture does not wash. That is why the Australians call us ' whinging poms '.

As stated we moan, whinge, talk about the weather and some show massive amounts of nasty disrespect,. It is a very unpleasant face of modern Britannia..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I have put on my extra large target to absorb all the arrows. I have not made a previous comment about her passing, but it would be cowardly to ignore it.

She loved her country and freedom. She was part of the most amazingly effective team of my lifetime:Thatcher, Reagan, and Pope John Paul II. Between them they saved the West (for a while). As a symbol, the world has lost greatly by her passing. May she rest in peace.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join