It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MSNBC idea: Let’s interview a five-year-old to get her take on gay marriage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think the purpose of this was to draw sympathy from viewers by showing some random cute innocent little girl supporting gay marriage. "Oh, aww, this little girl thinks gay people should be able to get married! Let's legalize gay marriage!"
The media is *ing sick.
All it is anymore is one giant mind-control operation.

*My personal beliefs on this subject have nothing to do with my post, in case anyone tries to derail my comment with accusations.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
What is the purpose of this nonsense?

The purpose is to show that the concept of marrying who you love is simple enough for a child to understand.

Why doesn't she also ask the 5yr old what she thinks about abortion, would she do that?

I don't see a problem with that and she may very well talk with her daughter about it. My sister talked with her three-year-old son about it and it didn't damage him at all.

How about Quantum Entanglement?

If the child knows what that is, I don't see the problem. This child CLEARLY knows what love and marriage are. And she hasn't been brainwashed to think it's WRONG to marry someone just because they're the same gender.

A 5yr old has absolutely nothing to add to the conversation, no matter which side of the fence he/she resides on, he/she is too young to even hold an opinion.

Those are the words of someone who thinks children have nothing to teach adults. There is MUCH to be learned from the innocence, honesty and openness of children.

Shame on the parents for allowing this!!!!

That woman IS her mother.

Conservatives Outraged by MSNBC Mom Talking to Daughter About Gay Marriage

edit on 4/8/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

If the kid knows all this stuff then she is old enough to get married. If you don't think so... then.... that's crazy!
Pedo clown needs a wife. This girl would probably luv pedo clown. You should at least give it a chance. To not do so would be crazy!!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think children understand love very well. That kid certainly did. The problem is those that focus on "sex", not "love". We can learn from the children.

It is fact that kids do not understand love, love is a variable to them therefore they have no grasp of it while adults consider love to be an emotion that is long-term while with kids it can change overnight.
Just like when a kid loves a toy and then gets bored of it and wants a new one.

So no kids don't understand love at all.
You would only think so with a snapshot understanding of kids, meaning study them for a few minutes and then you base your entire understanding on them with that amount of time.

Which you just did when you said "that kid certainly did understand love".
Certainly?
We certainly have no idea if she understood it or not.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
So they have no other guests to bring in that can make an intelligent argument?
You do realize this little girl is just now learning compound words right? This is pathetic, and just goes to show that the media has no boundaries or morals now days.

This is an adult made issue and adults should sort it out. Ugh!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

You would only think so with a snapshot understanding of kids, meaning study them for a few minutes and then you base your entire understanding on them with that amount of time.

Really? My 3 adult kids might disagree with your assessment. What you are doing now is confusing fascination with love.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
You can't "confuse" someone into being a homosexual; either you feel attraction towards the same sex, or your don't. The same goes for heterosexuals and bisexuals. You have NO say in what you are attracted to.

I don't think you can confuse someone into being gay either.

However that doesn't mean you have no say to what you are attracted to.

All I loved was slim women once upon a time.
I always thought that a slim wait is the most sexy thing on a woman in the world.
Then I used to hang out with this guy who was into thick women, we used to argue about what's sexy and what's not all the time.
Then one day he showed me the "light", and my taste in women changed.

Don't be an absolutist!
Only Sith lords speak in absolutes

"Sexy," like beauty, is subjective; some men like slim women, some men like large women, some women like "nerd-shique" guys, others like guys who look like they belong on the cast of the Jersey Shore, others like fat dudes, etc. Alot of what you think is sexy is social programming; i.e. what society deems attractive.

What I'm getting at is that if you don't feel an attraction towards men, you won't naturally desire them. You won't become sexually aroused by them in the same way that you won't become sexually aroused by a dog or a turtle.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   
That is gross exploitation of children.
The poor girl being coaxed along to support an agenda should not be supported by anyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

It is fact that kids do not understand love

As a father, I will simply say that that statement is bull#!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
The purpose is to show that the concept of marrying who you love is simple enough for a child to understand.

Children do not understand love nor do they understand marriage.

I don't see a problem with that and she may very well talk with her daughter about it. My sister talked with her three-year-old son about it and it didn't damage him at all.

I would say it's improbable that she didn't sugar coat it, but we'll never know without a youtube vid now will we?
LOL

This child CLEARLY knows what love and marriage are. And she hasn't been brainwashed to think it's WRONG to marry someone just because they're the same gender.

See this is a big error you are doing here, you are saying she CLEARLY understood love and marriage based on a few minutes worth of a video.
How scientific would you consider that approach of yours?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

That's crazy! You just don't understand yet. Maybe years from now you'll understand how I could love my dog and want to marry her and all the fleas she picks up at the dog park. I love her and take care of her and her fleas and I should be allowed to marry them all. New York should move on and forward and stop the hate and allow any marriage to anything even an aborted fetus because I love them also.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Kids...what do they know about basic human rights.

Keep in mind, they also think that killing other people is bad...what do they know!

Liberal indoctrination indeed...next they will be asking if its ok to share their lunch with someone who doesn't have one...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
What I'm getting at is that if you don't feel an attraction towards men, you won't naturally desire them. You won't become sexually aroused by them in the same way that you won't become sexually aroused by a dog or a turtle.

Bisexuality disagrees with you

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
I could love my dog and want to marry her and all the fleas she picks up at the dog park. I love her and take care of her and her fleas and I should be allowed to marry them all. New York should move on and forward and stop the hate and allow any marriage to anything even an aborted fetus because I love them also.

I imagine if 50% of the population started seeing your side of things, it would be considered.

Then again, I would be surprised if .05% of the population would see things that way currently, or in the near, distant, or alternate universe future.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Kids...what do they know about basic human rights.

Keep in mind, they also think that killing other people is bad...what do they know!

Liberal indoctrination indeed...next they will be asking if its ok to share their lunch with someone who doesn't have one...

How about share their job wages with someone who doesn't have one?
Or share your wife with the guy next door who doesn't have one?
Actually, marry the guy next door and let him pay for your wife and kids and then you just get to hang out with them for free. You could quit your job and let the guy next door work to support all of you.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I could love my dog and want to marry her and all the fleas she picks up at the dog park. I love her and take care of her and her fleas and I should be allowed to marry them all. New York should move on and forward and stop the hate and allow any marriage to anything even an aborted fetus because I love them also.

I imagine if 50% of the population started seeing your side of things, it would be considered.

Then again, I would be surprised if .05% of the population would see things that way currently, or in the near, distant, or alternate universe future.

Oh we could totally manipulate the polls with mainstream media support, get at least 1% to agree, massage that number a little, and when we broadcast that 51% of those polled agree that anything can marry anything then we will finally have arrived at a fair and balanced world. Of course, you will consent to being partnered by the government and placed into worker housing like THX-1138. Anything or anyone with anything or anyone else. Even a hologram can marry you and become your life partner.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Same with adults for the most part. I think "what is love" has been a sort of core question of philosophy ever since civilization began and started to ponder.
Marriage, outside of a legal contract, can be many, many things.

I would say it's improbable that she didn't sugar coat it, but we'll never know without a youtube vid now will we?
LOL

Well, sugar coat it..or put it in terms a kid can understand..sure. what..you think graphic representations of a couple behind closed doors to eww the kid out is required or something? at that age, kissing is gross...hell, holding hands for a brief second is only meant for the most serious of relationships...even a deeper relationship than the tossing bugs into their hair phase..which in itself is pretty serious.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Oh we could totally manipulate the polls with mainstream media support, get at least 1% to agree, massage that number a little, and when we broadcast that 51% of those polled agree that anything can marry anything then we will finally have arrived at a fair and balanced world. Of course, you will consent to being partnered by the government and placed into worker housing like THX-1138. Anything or anyone with anything or anyone else. Even a hologram can marry you and become your life partner.

Well, that's nice...you can pretend to manipulate the polls all you want, but for a contract to be signed, it requires a consenting adult.
barks are not considered consent..so..ya...there is that whole issue.

Now...

If some alien dog race came down that could fully communicate..then sure, such things should be discussed...but until fido learns some language (preferably English as its the biggest), then there is no consent.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I think it's already established that you don't give kids enough credit. They know a lot more than you think.

How scientific would you consider that approach of yours?

How scientific is love?

Between the ages of 2 and 3, your child will understand the basic building blocks of relationships: Love and trust.

Developmental Milestones: Understanding Words, Behavior, and Concepts

Do Children Understand Love?

Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to judge. The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child. The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman’s yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his Mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, “NothingFeature Articles, I just helped him cry.”

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

I love her and take care of her and her fleas and I should be allowed to marry them all.

What is this obsession you people seem to have with having sex with animals? It never fails that someone will bring up marring animals...

Animals cannot consent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join