It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New MSNBC idea: Let’s interview a five-year-old to get her take on gay marriage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Whoa!

What is the purpose of this nonsense?
Why doesn't she also ask the 5yr old what she thinks about abortion, would she do that?
How about Quantum Entanglement?

A 5yr old has absolutely nothing to add to the conversation, no matter which side of the fence he/she resides on, he/she is too young to even hold an opinion.

Our neighbour is pregnant, and her niece was outside and she said she wanted to see the baby.
I said you can't see the baby yet, and she said why not?

All I am saying is they have nothing to add, neither positive or negative, to the debate.
It's just a stupid attempt at stupidness!

Some will disagree with me i'm sure.
They'll say, no it is that simple, you should marry who you want.
But no it's not that simple depending on how you get married, there are some people who want same-sex marriages in a church, where the church is forced to go against their beliefs and marry the couple.

So no it's not at al as simple as that.
It's not that complicated either, but it's not something that a 5yr old should be involved in.
Shame on the parents for allowing this!!!!

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Makes perfect sense to me. Get the opinion of someone before they are corrupted by bigotry and religious intolerance.
edit on 8-4-2013 by intrepid because: Speeling.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So what you're saying is people who have no idea what they're talking about shouldn't have input on things? How about you tell that to the House Science Committee, with its members who believe evolution is "lies from the pit of Hell." Or the representatives who vote on bills they haven't even read.

There's a whole lot of people more important making decisions on things they don't understand than a 5 year old on TV.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I understand that this little girl may be different, because of who her parents are, but come on, how many "average" 5 year olds even know what gay means?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
morality man 'it's shot to #'

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
he/she is too young to even hold an opinion.

Yeah that's the entire point, not having an pre-formed opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Bull#.

She told the kid what to believe. In the video you can even see her reiterating her views to the girl.

Liberal indoctrination on camera. This is child abuse.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Makes perfect sense to me. Get the opinion of someone before they are corrupted by bigotry and religious intolerance.

Wait wait wait.......

So you think that if you take 10 five year old boys and ask them what they think about to grown men kissing... what the hell do you think they are gonna say?

"EWWWWWWW"

See what I mean.
but hey, to each his own.
But I already know, that since I was a young boy, I have always had a fascination and love for women (I'm a male by the way). And I'm almost certain MOST young boys feel the same.

--Almost seems to me like the media is slowly trying to make children believe that homosexuality should be expressed to the fullest extent in the world. (I guess a Gay Agenda). And hell, once again, to each his own. But don't go confusing young children into being Homosexuals though. At least let them decide thier orientation without pushing gayness on them...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Wow. What about getting an opinion from someone when they know what the hell you are even talking about?
edit on 8-4-2013 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   

What is the purpose of this nonsense?

It's just MSNBC being MSNBC. It's like they can't help themselves.
They just have to be nuttier and further left than anything or anyone else on the planet.
I don't know anyone who watches that MSNBC crap anyways ....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
I understand that this little girl may be different, because of who her parents are, but come on, how many "average" 5 year olds even know what gay means?

exactly. Most 5 year olds are too busy being children to even think of that sort of thing.

-I have a feeling though, by the time I hit 30 years old, there will be a hell of a lot more homosexuals than there are today.
-

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
But don't go confusing young children into being Homosexuals
What is Pathetic, is the Anti-Gay crowd cant recognize how Stupid your Statement is.
Shall we 'pray the Gay away" Resoe ?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Before they are corrupted or before they know antying about the topic

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

But don't go confusing young children into being Homosexuals
What is Pathetic, is the Anti-Gay crowd cant recognize how Stupid your Statement is.
Shall we 'pray the Gay away" Resoe ?

yo bro... have you read my first post on this here thread? "to each is thier own"
I don't give a flying eff if anyone is gay. But, interviewing a child about it... now thats just down right stupid.

Once more, I don't give a flying eff if anyone is gay.
-to me it's wierd because I don't understand it... but hey, to each is thier own.
you like playing the skin flute, that's all you buddy.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

So you think that if you take 10 five year old boys and ask them what they think about to grown men kissing... what the hell do you think they are gonna say? "EWWWWWWW"

I have a teenager and an 8 year old. They say ewwwwww when I kiss my wife. Hell, ask an 8 year old if he wants to kiss a girl. He'd say ewwwwwwww.

Almost seems to me like the media is slowly trying to make children believe that homosexuality should be expressed to the fullest extent in the world. (I guess a Gay Agenda).

I agree. There is a "gay agenda" at play in the US. But why is that?

Would there even be an issue if people just would have let all people live with the same rights and privileges as everyone else? Isn't it possible that the gay agenda is a byproduct of the anti-gay agenda?

But don't go confusing young children into being Homosexuals though. At least let them decide thier orientation without pushing gayness on them...

I can agree to a certain extent, but I would add that the gay agenda is small beans compared to the outright brainwashing we do to our kids through the TV and media.

They learn at an early age that women are "lesser" then men and it's ok for girls to dress like a whore, be beaten, be promiscuous and, in general, give in to things that go against common sense all in an attempt to fill a void in their self-esteem.

If we were really concerned about kids, we would be outraged at how the man and woman are portrayed in our society and how it has made the heterosexual relationship just as bad as any "gay agenda".

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Wait wait wait.......

So you think that if you take 10 five year old boys and ask them what they think about to grown men kissing... what the hell do you think they are gonna say?

"EWWWWWWW"

See what I mean.
but hey, to each his own.
But I already know, that since I was a young boy, I have always had a fascination and love for women (I'm a male by the way). And I'm almost certain MOST young boys feel the same.

--Almost seems to me like the media is slowly trying to make children believe that homosexuality should be expressed to the fullest extent in the world. (I guess a Gay Agenda). And hell, once again, to each his own. But don't go confusing young children into being Homosexuals though. At least let them decide thier orientation without pushing gayness on them...

You can't "confuse" someone into being a homosexual; either you feel attraction towards the same sex, or your don't. The same goes for heterosexuals and bisexuals. You have NO say in what you are attracted to.

Where we go wrong is in making it taboo and deviant to express your sexual desires towards the same sex.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by resoe26

So you think that if you take 10 five year old boys and ask them what they think about to grown men kissing... what the hell do you think they are gonna say? "EWWWWWWW"

I have a teenager and an 8 year old. They say ewwwwww when I kiss my wife. Hell, ask an 8 year old if he wants to kiss a girl. He'd say ewwwwwwww.

I don't think you understood the point.

Point is regarding your "ewwwww" is that no matter which side of the fence the kid is on it makes no sense involving them in such a discussion.

Once again, no matter which side of the fence.
Whether they say Ewwwwww or Awwwwww

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
You can't "confuse" someone into being a homosexual; either you feel attraction towards the same sex, or your don't. The same goes for heterosexuals and bisexuals. You have NO say in what you are attracted to.

I don't think you can confuse someone into being gay either.

However that doesn't mean you have no say to what you are attracted to.

All I loved was slim women once upon a time.
I always thought that a slim wait is the most sexy thing on a woman in the world.
Then I used to hang out with this guy who was into thick women, we used to argue about what's sexy and what's not all the time.
Then one day he showed me the "light", and my taste in women changed.

Don't be an absolutist!
Only Sith lords speak in absolutes

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Point is regarding your "ewwwww" is that no matter which side of the fence the kid is on it makes no sense involving them in such a discussion.

Once again, no matter which side of the fence.
Whether they say Ewwwwww or Awwwwww

I think children understand love very well. That kid certainly did. The problem is those that focus on "sex", not "love". We can learn from the children.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I'm in favor of gay marriage. But I don't agree with either side (left or right) of the media or politicians using and manipulating kids to try and score points for their agenda.

Its like me talking to my buddy's 6year old about how good cake is (she agrees that cake is very good btw) and then asking her what we should have dinner. We all know that there is a 99% chance she is going to say "CAKE!"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join