It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worshiping the dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mideast

In Iran , people do not prefer to talk about the dead , and if they talk they talk about bright side.

That's pretty much the same attitude here. "Don't speak ill of the dead." is the phrase used above, which is pretty much what you are saying here. Annette Funicello died today, too. It's not really worshipping her when we remember how she was on the Mickey Mouse Club (though I'm dating myself here.) We don't talk about her last few years in terribly ill health where she could not walk nor speak due to MS. Instead, we remember those awful beach club movies with Frankie Avalon. That's "looking on the bright side."

I don't think we have much of a difference between us here, really.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
So if we talk about the bright sides of life of someone deceased we are worshipping? Well let me tell you its not, its not very respectful to bring all the bad issues. Also in funerals in memorable speeches we respects the life lived. What agenda OP might have bringin this point of view of his/hers in mind.. you should only wonder !

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Is this a jab at Jesus?

Yes!! GET HIM!!!

Oh wait.. I read on ATS that muslims are friendly with Jesus. Maybe its a jab at zombies.... GET THE TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!!

I'll have NO disrespect of zombies at ATS on my watch.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Awww Annette Funicello died?!?
Man I had a thing for her as a kid. wooo!

The only other thing I can really add to the thread here is, if I cannot find something nice to say about the departed, I just keep quiet. Like when Bin Laden died, I didn't celebrate, but I also didn't bother commenting on any of those threads either. So there's that

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I started this last night. And I went to bed about 1hour after making this.

While I was getting asleep , I remembered that I forgot to say the main point of the thread.

Dead worshiper is a person who don't care about how good the alive ones are , they just wait until somebody dies. Then they begin to exaggerate about how good the one was. And they talk like they miss the dead from the bottom of their hearts while they don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join