It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean satellite orbits over U.S.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Whether it be for incompetence or arrogance. I say it calls for Tomahawks at the very least. Say, The Palace of Un.
edit on 8-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by shaolin_dragon

That's very interesting. I didn't see it til you posted it.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The only way N.Korea has a satellite in orbit
is if it says MADE IN CHINA, on the back.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Oh, and 500+km (about 300+ miles) is a really good altitude to detonate an EMP. Well, that is if you're not in the same hemisphere, that is.

They could have been misleading everyone into thinking they fail on tests and launching a satellite because that would give them a better position everyone thinking them incapable.

You have a point there.

Pool Sharks do it all the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sealing

How about staying on topic and finding a satellite tracking site that might show a five day prediction of KMS 3-2 transits here in the U.S...... www.n2yo.com/ was being used, now it's mysteriously unavailable.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by RalagaNarHallas

No, space is a BIG place (even just the space around Earth's orbit), and the satellite is only 100kg (about 220lbs). Even if it was a nuke (which it wasn't), it wouldn't have a very big blast radius, likely wouldn't even get another satellite. No way they have a nuke small enough and powerful enough to have gone up in that.....

And certainly they've demonstrated no EMP weapon that could work in such a scenario....
edit on 8-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

Worse, I'd consider the US to be pretty much the definitive leader in nuke design, and WE couldn't put one in there that would do the job.

Consider: you can't stick any old nuke in a rocket and deal an EMP deathblow to the US. Only a very small percentage of the blast energy is converted to xrays and gamma rays. Of them, only a percentage causes Compton effect interactions which produce the radio wave blurt called an EMP.

Most of the energy of THAT is in bands where it doesn't interact well with electronics. It does cause havoc with power lines.

Given all the points where you're losing major chunks of energy, the effect of a nuke in producing EMP scales with the design (you can optimize for gamma somewhat) and with the size of the weapon. You cannot get a decent EMP with a little peanut nuke of the type NK has been producing. Just can't.

To get the job done, you need a thermonuke of sufficient yield. You'd want something in the multi-megaton range. Our lightest thermonuke only yields about 150kT, and it was a jewel of design work. IT'S too big to fit in there - in the block 1 configuration it's about 300 pounds. Our most advanced publicly known nuke is big enough, about 1.5MT, but it's about 900 pounds, and it uses techniques that NK won't have gotten to yet.

So, no, this thing is not a secret EMP death device, it's another indictment of NK's technical prowess.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracytheoristIAM
reply to post by sealing

How about staying on topic and finding a satellite tracking site that might show a five day prediction of KMS 3-2 transits here in the U.S...... www.n2yo.com/ was being used, now it's mysteriously unavailable.

Here is different place to track the Satellite it number 39026

www.n2yo.com...

www.heavens-above.com...

www.satflare.com...

edit on 8-4-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2013 by Trillium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Spare parts?

We'd be living like the Amish for 10+ years!

What about all the nuclear plants melting down, with no back-ups and no cooling systems?!?

I think you're underestimating TPTB's willingness to sacrifice N Korea for the greater goal...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I may be getting paranoid, but does anyone else think it is strange that the satellite tracking is down now?
Or is this normal?

At the same time, this site is now down: www.nknews.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
If the North Koreans were able to and did put a nuke on that satellite we could be in trouble . If they could explode a nuke in space above the East Coast , it could destroy much of our communications and electric grid on the whole East Coast . The results of such would be an EMP weapon attack and would be more devastating over a much larger area than if it hit a city .
edit on 8-4-2013 by SimonPeter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

That is what happens at end of that video when a North Korean satellite crosses over U.S.

John Milius writer of Red Dawn also was writer for the game. Great story.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Bedlam thanks for the technical input. The timing of this satellite going over central and eastern U.S. seemed just too coincidental with lil' Kim's warning for all diplomats to leave Pyongyang before the 10th of April. Also the altitude it's orbiting nudged me further into conspiracy mode. You have to admit this could have been used in either "Red Dawn" or " Olympus Has Fallen. "

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Great post.

However seeing people's reactions on this board, Un is succeeding in terrorizing people.

People should leave this episode to South Korea and the US Govt. to deal with.

What is the benefit of analyzing each and every news item coming out on this topic.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

This one's still up -

www.satflare.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Never mind - I think I got it.
edit on 4/8/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Cito

Holy f00k, was I the only one to see that video.. scary.

I am in telecom, and in my area we are stricken with complacency. Its my job to beef up redundancy, which is a newly placed objective. should give you a hint of what tptb may be seeing a business need for.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Bedlam

Great post.

However seeing people's reactions on this board, Un is succeeding in terrorizing people.

Well,. I for one am not worried about this little punk
In fact I'd love to have a one on one with the boy and knock some sense into his head
but, i suppose a family history of "nutjobs" is not something a knock in the head will cure..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito

That is what happens at end of that video when a North Korean satellite crosses over U.S.

John Milius writer of Red Dawn also was writer for the game. Great story.

You know this is literally the most implausible nonsense ever, the new movie stank.... really bad seriously and never even bothered with this game... I mean it;s almost boneheaded everyone just rolls over the us navy retreats doesn't bother to defend hawaii and how are NK paratroopers landing in the midwest lol? Aside from if you had every man woman and child in NK mobilized you couldn't spread an NK army that far.... siiiiiiiigh

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
A couple of facts....

1. A satellite cannot orbit "over" a location on earth.
This NK satellite, like all other satellites, continuously orbits around the whole planet and may happen to pass over any given location you name, but cannot be like the title of this thread, satellite orbits over U.S.

2. This thing is in a polar orbit, and as such orbits over EVERY place on earth.
Any place you care to name, a whole bunch of passes can be found for the next week.

3. None of the "tracking" sites mentioned in this thread actually do any tracking.
It doesnt actually matter whether the sites are up or down, and no conspiracy can be made of them, because ALL of them are simply using mathematical models of an orbit, using orbital data given out from NORAD.

1 39026U 12072A 13098.83854344 .00005541 00000-0 33473-3 0 3826
2 39026 097.3856 149.5772 0059828 128.2656 232.3987 15.09559775 17776

You dont need to be dependent on a website to do any fake "tracking", because you can get yourself a program (such as Orbitron) and do it yourself on your own computer.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by Gazrok

Spare parts?

We'd be living like the Amish for 10+ years!

What about all the nuclear plants melting down, with no back-ups and no cooling systems?!?

I think you're underestimating TPTB's willingness to sacrifice N Korea for the greater goal...

Every thread on this topic... The nuke plants, there is nothing they could do via emp that would prevent diesel fuel from getting through we have thousands of trucks without computer parts, enough extra fuel refined to last for years, heck decades if that was your only purpose and it's only a 2 day ride from Canada there's no reason on Earth to assume any nuke plants would melt down.... any preemptive strike on USA would give us a solid justified reason to end NK which would happen in under an hr... having used Nukes already don't count on anyone not sending us new computer parts and transformers lol

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join