It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N. Korean satellite orbits over U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Well that is kind of interesting, how is it supposed to get all the way over there, and continue that pattern over a few days if it's over Africa now?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut

What you linked to I think is the international space station.

This is KMS 3-2 here, and it passes over Europe and Africa not North America.

Hey all, that link to the 5-day prediction centers the map on your location and shows you the paths of the satellite that are nearby YOUR location. So, everyone that pulls it up will see that the satellite makes multiple passes over their location in a given week. Every week.

Oh, and 500+km (about 300+ miles) is a really good altitude to detonate an EMP. Well, that is if you're not in the same hemisphere, that is.

So, I've been watching the orbit for about 15 minutes now and the satellite's orbit has gone from about 540km down to about 500km and is still falling. Is that normal?
edit on 4/8/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: sky is falling

Okay, never mind. It got down to 502.64km and is now rising again. I guess that's just the shape of the orbit.
edit on 4/8/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: never mind

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by openeyeswideshut

Did you forget the earth spins underneath these satellites ?? Go to the link and click on five day predicted orbit...remember, deny ignorance!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

It's only 220lbs. IF it was a nuke...then well, we'd have other issues than that dead satellite... As hard as it is to weaponize a nuke for a missile warhead, even more difficult to do in a satellite payload. It's a camera (and a miracle they actually even got it in the right orbit).

Perhaps it is a dead satellite with a camera, perhaps it isn't. We don't really know what it is. However, does NK have an EMP, and could they put it into orbit? Take a look at this:

North Korea has already successfully tested and developed nuclear weapons. It has also already miniaturized nuclear weapons for ballistic missile delivery and has armed missiles with nuclear warheads. In 2011, the director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, Lt. General Ronald Burgess, testified to the Senate Armed Services Committee that North Korea has weaponized its nuclear devices into warheads for ballistic missiles.

In summer 2004, a delegation of Russian generals warned the Congressional Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Commission that secrets had leaked to North Korea for a decisive new nuclear weapon — a Super-EMP warhead.

Both North Korean nuclear tests look suspiciously like a Super-EMP weapon. A Super-EMP warhead would have a low yield, like the North Korean device, because it is not designed to create a big explosion, but to convert its energy into gamma rays, that generate the EMP effect. Reportedly South Korean military intelligence concluded, independent of the EMP Commission, that Russian scientists are in North Korea helping develop a Super-EMP warhead. In 2012, a military commentator for the People’s Republic of China stated that North Korea has Super-EMP nuclear warheads.

A Super-EMP warhead would not weigh much, and could probably be delivered by North Korea’s ICBM. The missile does not have to be accurate, as the EMP field is so large that detonating anywhere over the United States would have catastrophic consequences. The warhead does not even need a re-entry vehicle, as an EMP attack entails detonating the warhead at high-altitude, above the atmosphere.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Although I doubt it's an EMP up there, if it were, and NK wanted to use it, the time to use it to produce the most damage would be the 11th and the 12th as it passes over the Chicago area.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Oh, and 500+km (about 300+ miles) is a really good altitude to detonate an EMP. Well, that is if you're not in the same hemisphere, that is.

No hot shower and no computer. Horrible thing to think about! Phage said I believe, it would not do the damage we all think. That we would not have all out cars not working and such.

I always stop and think about the possibility that everyone does not always know what everyone else is up to on the planet even if they think so. I know the Koreans are very strong fighters and the will of the government is the same kind that sent comakazis to die from Japan.

They could have been misleading everyone into thinking they fail on tests and launching a satellite because that would give them a better position everyone thinking them incapable.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Note it is in the OP/ED part of the publication....
Methinks the General and DIA director are pushing for some bigger pieces of the budget pie here....

They COULD have this (even though there is zero evidence of even testing anything remotely similar)..is a pretty weak argument (and an irresponsible one) for these officials to make.

Or, this could be to sell Dr. Pry's book....accurately titled, "War Scare"...hmm???
(Note that Dr. Pry is the one doing the article...)

Every mention of this always seems to lead back to Dr. Pry.

books.google.com... a=X&ei=_CxjUZWQIYeS9QTMr4GYBg&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=super%20emp%20warhead&f=false
edit on 8-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Originally posted by openeyeswideshut

What you linked to I think is the international space station.

This is KMS 3-2 here, and it passes over Europe and Africa not North America.

Hey all, that link to the 5-day prediction centers the map on your location and shows you the paths of the satellite that are nearby YOUR location. So, everyone that pulls it up will see that the satellite makes multiple passes over their location in a given week. Every week.

So, I've been watching the orbit for about 15 minutes now and the satellite's orbit has gone from about 540km down to about 500km and is still falling. Is that normal?
edit on 4/8/13 by AnonymousCitizen because: sky is falling

The height varies with the terrain it is over on the earth so there will be variances in the distance from what I have read on satellites (which isn't much)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Did they get a signal at first or was none ever detected?

Also, I believe our plant is the largest. If the jets start circling the city like they did after 9/11, then I'll worry.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

Nope...which just adds to it being nothing more than window dressing.

Also, we'd come back from an EMP faster than many think. Lots of spare parts. Sure, there would be a few months where life would be a bit different, but it wouldn't be near as bad as you'd think. I still have no wish to see it, but no way is NK going to be the ones to do it.

Besides, IF they could, and did...they'd be taking all of our velvet gloves off. We'd be bombing those bunkers with DU MOPs for starters.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

I see it passing over the U.S. 10 times 4/8/13 to 4/13/13. Can't see to the 17th..

www.n2yo.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassey222

Dates are listed from 4-8-13 to 4-17-13...look at the yellow box with different dates...goes over U.S. twice on the 17th.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Face your fears, let's meet this satellite...

Looks like somebody's old karaoke machine..... My vote is still on window dressing.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Sure north korea has 3 satellites in orbit, if you look at the discription of what they are supposed to do you have to laugh, (Look it up) Unless this is there cover story. I would say that goggle earth would do a better job than there satellites.

I would believe that NORAD and Nasa already have control of it but north Korea don't know yet, that would be my guess.
edit on 8-4-2013 by 19KTankCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Gazrok, that picture you posted is for sure KMS 3-2 ?? I'm sure lil' Kim posted it on facebook.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM

Just for clarification on this thread. All I was trying to do is report that a N. Korean satellite is making consistent passes over the eastern and central portions of the U.S., at a favorable height to maximize damage , if it were an EMP. By looking at the real time satellite images at n2yo.com/, you can see that this is true.
Now I know why I haven't posted or authored a thread often; what with the trolling,changing the topic and misdirection posts.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Amazing.. I'm reading this, and flick back to FB, and come across this at the top of my news feed....
Suspect Super-EMP Orbit Over United States

Given the recent nuclear threats from North Korea directed at the United States, the satellite orbital map shown above indicates the track of the KMS 3-2 “satellite” this week from APR 8 – APR 16, which coincidentally just so happens to orbit along the eastern half of the U.S.

Interesting - no?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Didnt the NK army give the embassies of britain and russia till the tenth of april to get out?
This is a great find, bud, ive wondered where the damn thing had got to.....
The time frames of the warnings and the orbits match well......

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Is that site www.n2yo.com ?
It seems to be down.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I wonder if the US will use the latest tensions with NoKo as a means to justify shooting this thing down........Hmm

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

never mind
edit on 8-4-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join