N. Korean satellite orbits over U.S.

page: 12
42
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo
 

Sure, now you tell me .... where were you when this thread all started??




posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Many pages later, bears saying again...the satellite was dead as soon as it launched. It's basically a 100kg piece of tumbling space junk, nothing to be worried about. The ONLY source of this EMP nonsense, is an article by Dr. Peter Pry, who is really just trying to sell his book based on this premise. Do you really think NK capable of launching some kind of 3rd gen space weapons system, when they just barely got this one in orbit (after quite a few previous failed crash and burn attempts)? This Pry guy is trying to capitalize on fear mongering to sell more copies, that's all.


and many pages later, we're talking "what if"...the satellite probably is space junk, used as cover for a missile test, or it could be playing possum....we don't really know anything for a fact, so we're going through theoreticals. it's what we do here, how do you not know this?



posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus
 


I do, but lest people get too fired up and worried about the mega doom NK satellite above our heads, I thought it needed repeating....
Even assuming the worse case scenario, I seriously doubt an EMP device would be capable of affecting a very large target area...and given the numerous bases and communications methods available, would be a very localized problem.



posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by conspiracytheoristIAM
 


Can anyone confirm the existence of a satellite from NK?! Animated images and pages are easily faked.



posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by steveo007
 


Yes, there are several news stories one can find on it. Launched in December of last year.

en.wikipedia.org...



posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by steveo007
 

Steve , can anyone really confirm the existence of anything sitting at a computer? If your computer is a confirmation, than just google KMS 3-2 or satellite launched on 12-12-12 by N. Korea.



posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo
 

Never said it was spying or checking the weather...just tried to report it's orbit ,altitude and that it was launched by N. Korea.



posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kuroodo
 


Ok, as a sort of rule of thumb, you generally can't change orbital speeds and also stay at the same altitude.

It's sort of like trying to pitch a ball. You can throw it to someone high and slow. Or you can throw it straight and fast. But you can't throw it high and fast, or straight and slow. You know this at a gut level, but most people don't think about it.



posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by steveo007
 


Yes, there are several news stories one can find on it. Launched in December of last year.

en.wikipedia.org...



Just had an interesting thought

What if they DO have a mini EMP on board and this thing is an utter fail? The'd be sitting there knowing that as soon as it's orbit decays and it falls we will go rushing to the location and realize there was weapons material on board and the NK is toast anyway....

Could well explain the nuttiness... they are screwed inevitably no matter what they do...



posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by penninja

What if they DO have a mini EMP on board and this thing is an utter fail? The'd be sitting there knowing that as soon as it's orbit decays and it falls we will go rushing to the location and realize there was weapons material on board and the NK is toast anyway....



Well, given the orbit it's in, you'll be waiting quite a while for the orbit to decay. Hundreds of years at a minimum, I'd say. I could calculate an approximation if I knew more about the satellite, but it's a butt pain.
edit on 10-4-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I'm still going to put my hat in it as the whole satellite being nothing but window dressing...just like the whole launch was just a ballistic missile test.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by Daedalus
 


I do, but lest people get too fired up and worried about the mega doom NK satellite above our heads, I thought it needed repeating....
Even assuming the worse case scenario, I seriously doubt an EMP device would be capable of affecting a very large target area...and given the numerous bases and communications methods available, would be a very localized problem.


meh, i don't see anyone really WORRIED per-se....just maybe a touch too enthusiastic -shrug-

anyway, i just wanted to say something, because it seemed during the thread you were constantly playing the part of "captain downer, stifler of creativity"



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam
 


The orbit does not have to decay, and you don't have to have navigational control of a satellite to set off an EMP.
An EMP blast a few hundred miles above the earth is what will do the most damage.
They just have to be able to trigger something inside of the satellite when it is drifting over a target.
edit on 4/11/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus
 



anyway, i just wanted to say something, because it seemed during the thread you were constantly playing the part of "captain downer, stifler of creativity"


No worries...just that it was almost becoming mass hysteria, with EMP posts popping up everywhere on the boards...and all from ONE article, that's all...so was trying to bring more reason than stifle any creativity.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
In order to Deny Ignorance, should not every possibility be discussed?
To say that you "know" there is no weapon on the satellite is not possible.
Nuclear weapons can be very small.

Is this the article you mention?
news.investors.com...
This article makes a great deal of sense.

If something is a possibility, it is worth discussing.
To stifle that is to stick your head in the sand, and to attempt to pull a sheet over everyone else's head and ask them to not question anything.
That is what MSM and our government often do.
"everything is fine... don't listen to what you hear if it is not from us"



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
In order to Deny Ignorance, should not every possibility be discussed?
To say that you "know" there is no weapon on the satellite is not possible.
Nuclear weapons can be very small.

Is this the article you mention?
news.investors.com...
This article makes a great deal of sense.

If something is a possibility, it is worth discussing.
To stifle that is to stick your head in the sand, and to attempt to pull a sheet over everyone else's head and ask them to not question anything.
That is what MSM and our government often do.
"everything is fine... don't listen to what you hear if it is not from us"


Discussion is good.

And you are correct that none of us here actually know what is aboard that satellite.

On the other hand, while discussion is good, there is then wild speculation.

Theorizing "what if's" are fine, but insisting things that do not make any logical sense is no longer discussing a "what if" type of discussion.

NK having nuclear weapons technology that can be as small as that would mean a lot more worry than just a satellite. It would mean they can arm their missiles with these mini nukes.

All intelligence and data suggest that NK having things like that is very improbable to the point of fantasy.

Just because something exists does not mean that they have it. If you're going to insist that they do, or that there is a good chance that they do, then you need to show this or how it's possible.

And citing that the devices simply exists is enough proof is not anywhere near good enough



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful
 


Actually, intelligence is sketchy on what they actually have.
I have quoted sources about that - I'll go back and find them again.

And, North Korea has allies who are definitely not friends of the US.
There is no way to know what assistance they have.
We know that NK has nuclear weapons.

I have not seen anyone on here (including me) say that there is definitely a nuke on the satellite.
Just that it is a possibility worth considering.

It is not like this is an impossible scenario - as there is much documentation, including quoted in posts in this thread, that an EMP from an overhead device, including a satellite, is a real possibility.

The timing of this satellite launch, right when NK was testing their nukes, is worth considering.
The nukes they did test were low yield - just the kind needed for an emp.

It is not wild speculation, when something is a real possibility.
edit on 4/11/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by eriktheawful
 


Actually, intelligence is sketchy on what they actually have.
I have quoted sources about that - I'll go back and find them again.

And, North Korea has allies who are definitely not friends of the US.
There is no way to know what assistance they have.
We know that NK has nuclear weapons.

I have not seen anyone on here (including me) say that there is definitely a nuke on the satellite.
Just that it is a possibility worth considering.

It is not like this is an impossible scenario - as there is much documentation, including quoted in posts in this thread, that an EMP from an overhead device, including a satellite, is a real possibility.

The timing of this satellite launch, right when NK was testing their nukes, is worth considering.
The nukes they did test were low yield - just the kind needed for an emp.

It is not wild speculation, when something is a real possibility.
edit on 4/11/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)


It IS wild speculation when you can't connect the dots.

Just because a detonation is a low yield does not mean it was a small device (less than 220 pounds).
Just because the US has enemies other than NK does not mean they also have the means to give NK such a device.
Just because the US has enemies doesn't mean that they want our infrastructure destroyed because their economies are tied in not only with ours but with many other countries as well. What would they gain? Nothing. Instead they would loose quite a bit by doing something like that.
If the satellite were a EMP device, detonation would hurt not just the US, but Canada and Mexico too because of the altitude that it is at. It would need to drop down.
It can't drop down because it is tumbling out of control in it's orbit.

You say you are not insisting that it's a weapon. Yet when those of us point out the flaws in the idea of it being a weapon, you say we have "our heads in the sand".

Quite the opposite. We are looking at it from every angle too. And it being a weapon does not simply add up.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well, here we are still alive, that North Korean satellite was a close call, whew. All the N. Korea scare talk is bullschit, i said from the beginning and will repeat. North Korea will not ever attack any other country.



posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by Bedlam
 


The orbit does not have to decay, and you don't have to have navigational control of a satellite to set off an EMP.
An EMP blast a few hundred miles above the earth is what will do the most damage.
They just have to be able to trigger something inside of the satellite when it is drifting over a target.
edit on 4/11/13 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)


The EMP from a nuclear explosion 300 miles above the earth would not do much. During the nuclear testing the US and USSR did back in the 60s (maybe 70s?) they noticed some small EMP effects but nothing significant.

In order for a nuke to generate the effects we fear they have to be considerably lower...inside the atmosphere and the magnetosphere.



new topics
top topics
 
42
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

log in

join