It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegals getting Massive Tax Refunds

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I can vouch for the OP that he speaks the truth, no sources needed, personal experience and account of mine should suffice.

I know someone that is currently doing it and has been doing it for years. I would report his ass if I haven't known him for over 14 years.

I actually tried to go to the same office to get analyzed, just to see what the heck they were doing there. Little did I know that the office does not take any customers that are not of Latino heritage.

The place is so small/dirty/shady, it screams scam to be honest with you, if it's not so obvious already that they've been rejecting customers based on racial profiling.

But hey... that mother effer friend of mine is getting like $2,000+ each year, while he's single file, no family, no kids, no assets. Just a straight up standard deduction.

An example of a finding a loop hole for others, may be to consider opening a simple IRA or Roth IRA account to defer some tax. Or perhaps to file for EIC.. and the such. But it is the "Illegal Immigrants" that are falsifying information on their forms to get more dough. Perhaps not all of them are "Illegal Immigrants" but you bet your ass that the ratio is going to be something like 7 out of 10.

Why "Illegal Immigrants" you say? Why Hispanics in general? Well, because the consequences of doing something like this for this particular group, is not that severe. What is the worse that could happen? They get deported? Well, they could pay $2,000 USD again for another illegal immigrant smuggling van to get across the boarder. You deport an Asian person, they'd have to swim across the ocean just find a way back. It's a heck of lot easier if the U.S. fence is just behind your backyard you know...

I'm kind of surprised at the few individuals on here that are actually taking this as offensive, getting so sensitive when "Illegal Immigrants" are mentioned. Illegal Immigrants does start with the word Illegal does it not? What makes you think ANY of them actually abide by U.S. law?

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

truthseeker84
I actually tried to go to the same office to get analyzed, just to see what the heck they were doing there. Little did I know that the office does not take any customers that are not of Latino heritage.

Now if it was the other way around for whites only there would be outrage and protests.
edit on 9-4-2013 by NeoSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

I'm sorry, I still don't understand how illegal immigrants are paying income tax to begin with...main non sequitur: "illegal immigrant / income tax" ...

You need "over-the-table" income to pay taxes on payroll/income, so...I just don't get it. I know illegals pay taxes (sales tax, property tax, licenses and fees) but how are they being recorded as having earnings when they are paid in cash.

I'm sure someone will bring up SSN fraud, but...where is the oversight?

Finally, why are we worried about this when major corporations get the same deal (ok, off shore facilities instead of children...then again, if a corporation is analogous to a person, what would be it's analog for a child if not a facility or subsidiary?). They barely pay in, if at all, and get subsidies to the tune of hundreds of millions.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The President said something along the lines earlier that

"In order to reduce deficits- we need to close tax loopholes that are being taken advantage of"...

....only he was talking about citizens and corporations.

I wonder if he got the memo?

edit to add
edit on 10-4-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

So I don't get how they can file tax returns if they have No recordable income.
If you are illegally in the country it is impossible to get a job. Supposedly.

They DO have reportable income, and they have their taxes withheld by their employers (who turn their eyes away from the fraudulent SSNs and I.D.s they come up with.)

I think that is part of the problem....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

And that's why the Government INVENTED the I-9.

Just like the chicken farm I mentioned in an earlier post.

And you are right. When we have companies enabling the employ of illegal immigrants it is a HUGE problem. But, what can we do to encourage companies to do the "Right Thing" when it is much more beneficial to them to do as they please?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   

But, what can we do to encourage companies to do the "Right Thing" when it is much more beneficial to them to do as they please?

I don't know. But that is the big question.
I worked for one of those companies (a global corporation), and not only did they look the other way from what they could easily have determined were 'false papers' and hire them at minimum wage, they also treated those people like CRAP and did not protect them from predators, nor allow them medical leave or bereavement leave without outrageous conditions being applied. Again and again.

"Oh, your sister-in-law who lives in your house and you love as a sibling died? Tough. She's not 'your immediate family'. And no, you may not ask the other staff members for a few bucks to help pay for the funeral, and no, you may not have time off to grieve for her."

"Oh, a client flashed himself at you after asking you to perform a task? Tough. He's a good repeat customer and no, we will not tell him to get lost and never come back. All we will do is put another staff member in charge of his needs."

"Oh, you're pregnant and a high risk for miscarriage? Tough. No, you cannot have 'lighter duty' until the pregnancy is safe and secure, but you can work just as hard for fewer hours and then go home without pay for your off time."

This one was to me: "Oh, your dad is reaching the end of his life, and your mom needs a break, and you need to and agreed to stay with him over the winter holidays so she can have a respite? Sorry, everyone works on New Year's Eve." (And I am a white USA citizen and a woman, fully qualified - overqualified, really - for the job, but I stood up for the front line's dignity and rights)

THIS is the crap that went on there.
I protested when they did so (being a low-level supervisor) in every case, and I was systematically 'documented' and 'suppressed' until driven to quit after that. It's truly appalling. The politics of the corporate world are evil, soulless, and inhumane. Period.
edit on 11-4-2013 by wildtimes because: to expand rant. sorry

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

You know, .. ? .. The Sad part to all of that is the government created laws to protect employees from that kind of stuff. However, they are about as Useless as T@TS on a Boar. They are really designed in the same way as ALL other laws. They give Much More Protection to the criminal than they do the victim. When that doesn't work then they find a loop hole. And, when that doesn't work they Flat Out Lie.

Business can be really vicious for the sake of profit. The larger the company or corporation the more of a problem it is. Though there are in fact some really good companies to work for, they number so few that the ratio is like 1:100,000.

In retrospect there are Way too many companies that are looking the other way while this is going on. And at that point that company has CONTROL of the individual in allot of ways. In some cases the employees could damn near be considered Indentured Servants.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

In any event. I have NOT seen a punk kid do a hard 'Honest' days work in YEARS. They are Typically good at Avoiding work.

I have been around enough, trained and supervised plenty of people. And I learned long ago that if you treat someone like a punk, they are not going to work for you. They will pretend to work, but they will slack off at every opportunity.

Most illegals come from places where they don't have any rights, so they will put up with a lot more from some jerk who treats them like slaves.

Most young people are very smart and hard working, and plenty of people here pointed this out. It is not them, it's you.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Yep, and thanks to the coming amnesty there will be millions more leeches.

Democratic voting leeches.

And they will bring more leeches with them.

Don't think so? We gave them amnesty before. Everyone said it would fix the problem. It only made it worse. Everything I complained about back them came to pass.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Part of the problem is the government, but the corporations are an even bigger problem.

For a long time now we have been able to produce more than we consume. A blue collar worker back in the sixties working a job could support a stay at home wife and kids, own a home, and have greater wealth than a two income couple at this time. We did it then, we could do it now. The biggest problem is corporate greed.

edit on 12-4-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

Yep, and thanks to the coming amnesty there will be millions more leeches.

What?
If they are citizens, the taxes they pay (which they already do) will help offset the benefits that they enjoy!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Most illegals come from places where they don't have any rights, so they will put up with a lot more from some jerk who treats them like slaves.

Exactly.
And they are/were far worse off in the places they came from....
than they are when they come here! People just don't understand the environment from which these folks come. Their situations in their home country were appalling. They risked their lives to get to somewhere that they could at last have shelter, food, health care...

people just don't understand.

Even if they are exploited and treated like slaves, they're STILL better off than the place that they had to leave!!...and where they left most of their families behind... to be able to support themselves and their loved ones.

They want to work, they want to be okay. They want their kids to be okay. They are fine with 'paying taxes'....they just want a chance to survive.

edit on 12-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   

In retrospect there are Way too many companies that are looking the other way while this is going on. And at that point that company has CONTROL of the individual in allot of ways. In some cases the employees could damn near be considered Indentured Servants.

Totally in agreement with you, Shadellac.

I could share so many anecdotes and post so much evidence...
But, you know what? I'm afraid to do that!

But, erm.....

The Sad part to all of that is the government created laws to protect employees from that kind of stuff. However, they are about as Useless as T@TS on a Boar. They are really designed in the same way as ALL other laws. They give Much More Protection to the criminal than they do the victim. When that doesn't work then they find a loop hole. And, when that doesn't work they Flat Out Lie.

I'm guessing you mean by 'they' = the 'laws' are that Useless as T on a Boar....

I don't support the protection of 'criminals' at all......
So, maybe I'm not understanding your fundamental point.

Who is lying? Who is exploiting the system (in your opinion)?

edit on 12-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

O.K. so 2 others say that there are ONLY good "Hard Working" kids. That makes 3 of you. 3 is Not "Plenty", 3 constitutes a few. You Must either be sheltered OR have teenage kids and despise the thought that anyone thinks you raised "Punk Kids". That is Not me, it is society. Look around and tell me you don't see Adult Teenagers that are damn near useless. If you tell me you don't see any you will be lying. Cut and Dry.

You can actually find them all over creation. A good example would be to go to any fast food restaurant. The turn over rate is pathetic. They go to work long enough to get their first check and then they are done. And in allot of cases they make it to work 1 or 2 days and realize that going to work is too much like work.

Don't take it personally, that is just how society has evolved.

The drop out rate in High School is at an ALL TIME HIGH. Where do you think all of those "Punk Kids" go for work? They don't because now days you almost can't get a job without a Diploma or GED.

Also, the enrollment rate at colleges and higher learning centers is at an ALL TIME LOW. Those kids are plagued for the rest of their lives working for companies like McDonalds, Wal-Mart, and other low paying minimum wage jobs.

So, In Fact it is Them and has absolutely nothing to do with me.

That is just the facts.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Yes, by they I do mean the laws. Laws are actually made to protect the people from the criminal elements of society. BUT, sometime in the past 60 years or so someone got the bright idea that Criminals need to be protected from the laws.

In this case the criminal element is Corporate America. They are the companies that control quite a bit in this country. They have MORE Money. They have MORE lobbyists. They offer MORE incentives to politicians to side with them. They are also the ones who can tell a convincing lie especially when they have the best lawyers that money can buy asserting their claim.

As far as employees go, they are nothing more than a number to those companies. The only thing those companies care about is the bottom line and how much profit is in it for them.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

O.K. so 2 others say that there are ONLY good "Hard Working kids"

No one said "that there are ONLY good hard working kids".

That is ridiculous. The youth of today have about the same amount of slackers as your generation and all the previous generations.

Our school system is completely whacked. I don't know how many drop outs there are these days, but the problem isn't the kids, the problem is the schools. We need a complete turn over. Fire all the school administrators from the top down, and 90% of the teachers, and completely change the system.

The same thing was said about Gen X, and they created the Internet. Sadly, some people just don't learn from history.

Kid, you need to develop better analytical tools.

edit on 13-4-2013 by poet1b because: Typo

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Good to see you are starting to get it.

Something went wrong about 35 years ago when Usury laws were eliminated, followed by the insane notion that getting rid of the laws that keep corporations in check would be a good idea.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join