It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I am Ashamed to be a Member of ATS

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by rigel4

What woman?

Thatcher

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

oh right lol i suppose we all can't be as perfect as ATS'ers some like her some don't, that's just life really, in a wee nut shell

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
reply to post by rigel4

oh right lol i suppose we all can't be as perfect as ATS'ers some like her some don't, that's just life really, in a wee nut shell

Your right, and I am normally very tolerant!

Mrs Thatcher is an exception for me.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
The morality police here sicken me. This isn't about the death of an ''old woman'' being celebrated, it's about the death of an ex-political leader who led the country into devestation in certain parts, she may be an 'ex' leader but her effects are still felt in many communites decades later, it's undeniable . If you can't grasp that then you'll never get it, her death is closure for many people.

Also, if you feel so strongly about this womans death being celebrated then why not get up of your backsides and go out and actively protest these street celebrations instead of sitting behind your computers acting like keyboard warriors? Let's see how strongly you really feel about this 'moral outrage' and if your outcry extends to just typing on the net then I question how concrete your morals actually are.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 0rbital

ammmmm you seem to be on BBC while the rest of us are on ITV

That's fine though and i liked old ex PM Mrs T

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I would like to attempt to bring some neutrality and decorum to what seems to be becoming a rather heated discussion.

I just want to clarify that there are those of us who have expressed dismay or sadness with regard to some people's reactions to this death are not necessarily condemning those who feel otherwise. But rather, simply expressing that we ourselves cannot take pleasure in the deaths of others.

It is not my intent to be insensitive to the wrongs many believe Thatcher inflicted on peoples or nations. Indeed, it's likely we aren't terribly in disagreement in terms of the ills many perceive her to have carried out or supported. But, at least for me, there is a difference between this and taking joy in her death. I understand that for many, her demise brings a finality to the conclusion of an era they associate with great wrongs, and I acknowledge and am sensitive to that reality.

I just can't bring myself to be pleased that someone is dead and that their loved ones are no doubt grieving. Many in this topic have cited other examples, like Saddam Hussein or Osama bin Laden. And while I'm certain this will make me a pariah in some people's eyes, I'm going to be honest: I felt no pleasure or joy at their deaths, either. Despite acknowledging the saving of lives or reduction in others' suffering their deaths may facilitate. I do not rejoice in the death or suffering of anyone, regardless of who they are or what they have done.

How everyone else feels is their prerogative.

I just wanted to clarify that. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join