It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I am Ashamed to be a Member of ATS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I never said we all had to get all upset about her death only that we should show some respect, regardless of what we might have thought of her politics.
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

What kind of respect? Another human being dies.
I'm sure she'd turn in her grave at all this bizarre publicity and drama.
Then again, 'The Lady's not for turning', so maybe she wouldn't.
What kind of respect should be shown to someone who stole your milk as a child, screwed you over as a soldier in the Falklands aftermath, destroyed the coal mines, steel industry etc, had exclusion zones put around stonehenge to stop travellers visiting, destroyed the Liverpool docks and assented to the the police coverup that Hillsborough was the fault of the supporters, 3 million unemployed, and (amongst other things), beligerently insisting on Poll Tax which was so unrighteous even her own cabinet were against it, the rich got richer and the poor got poorer.
Why would I mourn the passing of one who has caused me and my family's life to be one of grief and poverty?
Can you see why so many people don't care she died and actually celebrate that she has now finally paid for her crimes?
Only thing she did that I respect her for is standing up to a Federal Europe and refusing to play ball to the new european empire.
Observe your grief and move on.
Others may celebrate, but will ultimately move on.
Neither group has the right to rob the other of their feelings.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
the poster is saying he doesn't want to here everyone's opinion that doesn't go with his. I happen to agree with both you I'm just not upset that idiots are alive who like the lady.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

we appear to have conveniently forgotten Thatchers daughters Golliwog moment.lol

And her sons coup attempt ...
Thatcher fined over 'coup plot'

reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

I'm sure she'd turn in her grave at all this bizarre publicity and drama.
Then again, 'The Lady's not for turning', so maybe she wouldn't.

edit on 8-4-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Don't worry about any children, they don't mix with the plebs anyway.e

like Chukka Umunna and Abbott then?

And while we are harping on about the great unwashed and all their crass talk, we appear to have conveniently forgotten Thatchers daughters Golliwog moment.lol:

yes, that is on a par with what we are discussing

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

True, People are blinded by "consensus opinion" or hearsay, rather than looking things up for themselves. We all have internet and we are all supposed to Deny Ignorance.

Here's a funny selection of Banter from the U.K.'s House of commons, each section or speech or debate is out of chronological order, but very entertaining because of that. Good education for interested americans too. The person in the middle is a mod, or speaker and the parties are oppisite each other. It's a big debating club, like ATS, but ruder.

Start from Here (link) for Maggie's real view of credit cards.

Things like the bank takeover of society happened while she was in power, but she was not the bogey-woman people made her out to be.

edit on 8/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

...You keep repeating yourself over and over. I wonder at the point of replying to this thread.

A question. Are you mainly thinking of this woman's loved ones, or merely the principle of never celebrating a death no matter who the person was?

If the second, you're expending unnecessary energy. People in power don't want your respect. They don't want your love. We're not people, we're statistics.
So the little ants are cheering. It's barely audible from so far below the tower.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I live in Barnsley which was one of the towns central in the 1984 strike when I was 14.

You should see the posts on local FB groups and the jokes that are doing the rounds via texts and hearing the "lets all have a party" quotes about whats happened.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I find it Ironic that a lot of you who are outraged over the criticism of Mrs. Thatcher are the same ones who cheered on Gadaffi's and Chavez's deaths.

I know that was not directed at me specifically but as the OP of this thread I feel it is only right to tell you that you won’t find a post of me saying Gaddafi should burn in hell

Just to clarify, that was not directed towards you.

I have never seen one of your posts cheering the death of any individual from what I recall.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Guilty as charged by the o.p.
Quite proud of celebrating the old witchs death.
Don't try to shame me into changing my view on this,I'm a bigot remember so your rant is water off a ducks back.
Like it or lump it,I don't care.
"Oh,the humanity!blah,blah,blah."
Damn,left my violin in that last thread or three.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

who cares?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by excelents

Come on then,share some of the jokes on this happy day.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

edit on 8/4/2013 by glen200376 because: double post

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by excelents

I live in Barnsley which was one of the towns central in the 1984 strike when I was 14.

You should see the posts on local FB groups and the jokes that are doing the rounds via texts and hearing the "lets all have a party" quotes about whats happened.

She didn't make people strike.

This is ATS, not FACEPALM.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arolexion

who cares?

She paved the way for a lot of what we call society in the UK today.

UK - ATS people should care.

edit on 8/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: A single interaction can have multiple interpretations.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
OP... I understand the call for civility, but I personally have MUCH more important subjects to be ashamed of being a member of ATS about...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Im with you for the most part I lurk in the shadows and read an awful lot on here (ATS) and am seeing how bad it is actually getting here. You would think people would keep there hate to themselves, but they don't. I find it funny how people preach about tolerance, and yet to them it is only a one way street. It is kinda like you can have an opinion...........just not your own. Anyway back to lurking.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

She paved the way for a lot of what we call society in the UK today.

If by that you mean she sold the counties assets and instilled the belief that greed is good and to hell with the poor then yeah she did that .

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

I tried to post jokes, my thread got deleted. Also, my thread mentioning casually that some people might or might not awnt 'Ding Dong the Witch is Dead' to go to number 1 was deleted.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

That's why I avoided the threads too, this is the first one pertaining to her death that I've actually been reading. To be honest, considering how saddened I feel at the direction the corrupt leaders of this world have taken, and the very serious harm they have participated in, wars, famines, genocide, starvation, poverty, slavery, far too many things to mention, some involved in ritualistic murders, for a distorted view on gaining wisdom, ie negative things for many thousands of years, or longer. I always feel very upset and worried at their deaths. I have no idea who is who in this, for all I know she was a puppet who may have tried with some things and meant well. But she and Reagan, hit the world hard, a real scarsity hit. It was a well organized agenda.

In some ways we need compassion on the world's mismanagement team, and all those involved for many reasons, perhaps some out of a belief they can make a difference even. And to send some prayers perhaps for her well being, progression, and for her entire family.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by cahlmac

Like I say I despised her politics I think she is possibly the worst PM we have ever had in living memory.

And I have no problem with people expressing a opinion, even if it is just to say “I won’t mourn her” because frankly neither will I. My issue is the way that people are expressing their opinions, ATS is an intelligent discussion forum people should be like you and able to articulate their opinion without disrespecting others.

Totally agree, but not mourning is not exactly how I would express, actually feel very worried and troubled, as we should be trying to reach them more, more intelligent groups of citizens showing they have much better solutions and far better view for the world, and pour some goodness, and love through any chinks in their armor. So actually feeling concern for others and compassion should be a normal human thing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join