It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today, I am Ashamed to be a Member of ATS

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then let the mods handle it.

What so its ok for members to write disgusting remarks that are wholly without compassion and respect for the dead but I should just sit back and say nothing because the mod’s can handle it.

Sorry I don’t buy that, yes the mods do a very good job but I have just as much right to vent at my dismay of these horrible posts as much as the people who write them have

edit on 8-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by Lysergic

Why not, why should I not log on to ATS with the expectation that people with behave and voice their opinions with civility, its what the T&C’s are for after all.

I've just looked through the Thatcher threads and there are no T&C infringements , just people expressing their heart felt opinions , Just because she's dead doesn't mean we have to be nice and forget the past .

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
It was a sad news and let her rest in peace. To me she presented the good ol England, when she stand there as a prime minister, Great Britain was still on its own feets and had a policy which was for benefit of the people of England, ever after her political career England as well rest of the Europe has gone downhill. Countries needs strong people with stong opinions and backbone and she had all.

Here is a lot young people who have no experience of that time and only thing they know is the weak puppet leaders which has turnt the World in turmoil.. they just dont know better.

Im not from England but visited there several times.. over the years. Seen the difference !
edit on 8-4-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

Thatcher never presented the "Good ol England"
Never has a Prime Minister dived a country as she did.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Thats a great story, I'm just saying I don't feel ashamed and I dont think you should either, in fact I doubt you are truly ashamed, this is just more or less a rant.

Don't take what I say personally. Just pointing it out.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Today Baroness Margaret Thatcher died, she was a mother, a wife, a friend and to some a role model. She was also the former prime minister of the UK and many in this country actively hated her politics and polices.

And today she died in her old age of a stroke and then something else sad happened; the nasty people of ATS came out to spread their vulgar and disgusting remarks. I will not name names or threads, the people responsible know who they are and they should be ashamed. It’s not just ATS to be fair, the mass of sheeple on my Facebook and Twitter done the same but I honestly expected more of my fellow members of ATS.

It would seem that expectation was unfounded because today I saw a very nasty side to a few members of ATS that made me feel ashamed to be a member of the same community as these sick individuals. Regardless of anyone’s political disagreements it is not an excuse for to jump for joy over her corpse. As individuals, none of us I would hope would ever cheer as an old lady dies. Yet today because Thatcher was a public figure who lead this country over 20 years ago some of the less that civil members of our community thought it fit to post some of the most vile remarks I have ever had the unfortunate experience to read. These nasty people all came oozing out of the woodwork with their vulgarity and cruelness to cheer with joy at an old lady they had never even knew.

As a fellow member today I hang my head in shame for the first time since Sandy Hook and I have come to realise that there are some very cruel members on ATS. Today these members have shown themselves for what they really are.

I for one despised the political stance that Thatcher supported and I actively hated many of her policies that hit my family hard. But to turn a political view into such venomous hate and joy over hear death, by disrespecting the value of a human life and its passing, regardless of who that individual might have been, I believe is to only diminish my values and political believes. It would seem that some of my fellow members do not my value human life like the rest of us do or our respect for the dead.

When Maggie was in power suicide rates climbed. She sent 255 soldiers to their deaths in the ridiculous Falklands War. She had actual blood on her hands as well as the countless other reasons there was to despise her. Why do you think she's so roundly hated? Do I really have to go into details? There are actual street parties going on tonight thrown by people who're old enough to remember her reign of tyranny. I guess they're all wrong and you're right.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I find it Ironic that a lot of you who are outraged over the criticism of Mrs. Thatcher are the same ones who cheered on Gadaffi's and Chavez's deaths.

Yes, some of the comments may have been in poor taste, but that is all opinion based on perception. I am not celebrating her death but I sure as hell won't mourn her either. These greedy pscychopaths deserve no sympathy.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
I find it Ironic that a lot of you who are outraged over the criticism of Mrs. Thatcher are the same ones who cheered on Gadaffi's and Chavez's deaths.

Yes, some of the comments may have been in poor taste, but that is all opinion based on perception. I am not celebrating her death but I sure as hell won't mourn her either. These greedy pscychopaths deserve no sympathy.

Exactly, irony with a bit of dramatica.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Perhaps angry would be a better word than ashamed.

But believe me this post is not just so I can have a rant, I truly am disgusted as the behaviour of some of my fellow members.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I know that was not directed at me specifically but as the OP of this thread I feel it is only right to tell you that you won’t find a post of me saying Gaddafi should burn in hell

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I haven't clicked on any of the Lady Margaret Thatcher threads, now I know to steer away from them.

It's never okay to disparage the death of another, but it's for the sake of the woman's family. It is not her that I'm concerned for, she's passed on and beyond us now, it is the grief of her loved ones, and the vile rot they will get thrown their way during their mourning time that is so sad. People should feel ashamed of themselves, for not respecting the mourning period of her family. To hell with the woman herself, what are these hateful, idiotic jack snipes doing to the the minds of the children in that family? How many kids are going to taunt them and harass them simply because they saw their thick-headed parents jumping up and down in joy for another persons death.

I think that everyone is so removed and apathetic to common decency - they don't even recognize what words and malicious thoughts and ideas like this can start - or the harm it can cause. My heart and thoughts go out to her family. I hope they are keeping their children away from the media, and keep them home out of the public eye, until this calms down a bit. It's so sad, what is being done to this family in their time of grief.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I know that was not directed at me specifically but as the OP of this thread I feel it is only right to tell you that you won’t find a post of me saying Gaddafi should burn in hell

One could ask did you make an outcry when others did though?

Or be the moral compass selective?
edit on 8-4-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I think this from one of our best shows of the 80s Spitting Image sums it up .

edit on 8-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Don't worry, otherside.., a lot of the comments come from underage numpties who think more of a bottle or smoke than the real world or that need to find blame for their own inadequacy.

As I said in another thread, she was human and like all humans made mistakes, but what ever, the UK's standing among other world leaders was raised by her, and may well be the reason we are still, to some, a AAA country.

At least she had some ideas and carried them out and did not succumb to blackmail or threats, unlike some that followed or proceeded her, be that Labour or Conservative, who all seem to have no idea except for their own ends.

I live in a poor part of the UK, but have yet to see a car as old as mine on the road. So some have done well.

Since joining I have seen a decline in the quality, grammar and reasoning to so many of the topics posted and as another poster said, getting beyond a first couple of pages is hard work.

No, Maggie was no saint, no politician or big business owner is, but she made the French sit up and listen, which by my book is fine. I expect she is now arguing the point with De Gaulle and winning..haha.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

reply to post by FissionSurplus

Anybody who's family was destroyed by this woman's politics, and never got justice for it, perhaps has a right to be angry. Some people are open in their expression of hatred, while others keep a lid on it

I keep having to bring this up, but I was brought up under thatcher her policies in Scotland drove my family into poverty during the 1980’s.

I have no issue with anyone making a valid point or stating a valid opinion but in my view dancing on her grave is not a valid opinion its just sick and shows a utter lack of compassion and regard for the value of human life.

Then the real issue is, obviously, that you don't like the idea that there are people out there who are glad that she's dead and want to dance on her grave. It goes back to the "respect for the dead, no matter who they are" ideal. I'm not sure I agree that there is a "total lack of compassion" or no "regard for the value of human life", however.....because, well, she's dead. Her life is over. The only people suffering for this celebration of her passing are her heirs.

Perhaps her policies violated the regard for the value of human life, and showed no compassion.

I see your point, but I also see the other's points as well. I'm on the fence about this. I personally would not feel comfortable celebrating a death, unless I'd been burned so badly by the person that every day they lived and enjoyed life was a slap in my face.

Part of me is damned tired of seeing these heads of state destroying things and getting rewarded for it, while the little people get screwed. When that old troglodyte Bush Senior goes, I won't be attending any parties, but I won't be sad either, and I certainly will feel that the damage he did outweighs whatever "dignity of life" there is ideologically.

Valid points on both sides, though....guess I'm no help here at all, am I?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

No the moral compass is not selective I don’t really think that matters, I deplore those who celebrate the death of anyone.

I have more of a connection with Margret Theatre I was brought up under her government. You could very well ask about Saddam or Bin Laden or even Hitler if you really wanted to.

Regardless of who it is that has died I don’t condone disrespecting the dead.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Can I ask then why do you think it would be a valid opinion to say I hope she burns in hell and she should have been hung.

Its not a valid opinion at all.

Yes it is valid to say you know what she destroyed this country, I will not mourn her for what she done.

Unconditional positive regard is an interesting conspectus that many in this thread might benefit from.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

exactly, "snob" is a complete lie- she came from humble upbringings and puts the likes of Blair, Cameron, Clegg to shame

or look a Labour's young stars, like Chuka Umunna- who only likes to go to nightclubs without "trash"- or the likes of Abbot who thinks state education is good for the rest of you, just not her little darlings

People are beyond deluded

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You can terminate your account and let everyone have their perverted opinions

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStarfighter
You can terminate your account and let everyone have their perverted opinions

or he/she can post his opinion

Not everyone is thrapping over the death of an oul woman

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
I haven't clicked on any of the Lady Margaret Thatcher threads, now I know to steer away from them.

It's never okay to disparage the death of another, but it's for the sake of the woman's family. It is not her that I'm concerned for, she's passed on and beyond us now, it is the grief of her loved ones, and the vile rot they will get thrown their way during their mourning time that is so sad. People should feel ashamed of themselves, for not respecting the mourning period of her family. To hell with the woman herself, what are these hateful, idiotic jack snipes doing to the the minds of the children in that family? How many kids are going to taunt them and harass them simply because they saw their thick-headed parents jumping up and down in joy for another persons death.

I think that everyone is so removed and apathetic to common decency - they don't even recognize what words and malicious thoughts and ideas like this can start - or the harm it can cause. My heart and thoughts go out to her family. I hope they are keeping their children away from the media, and keep them home out of the public eye, until this calms down a bit. It's so sad, what is being done to this family in their time of grief.

Cirque

Don't worry about any children, they don't mix with the plebs anyway.
And while we are harping on about the great unwashed and all their crass talk, we appear to have conveniently forgotten Thatchers daughters Golliwog moment.lol:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join