It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Oughta Be a Law!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   
After a year of great stress and periods of unemployment, surgeries, etc., I began a new job a few weeks ago and two days later...BAM! Got a ticket for speeding in a school zone! I never take that route, and there were no children in the school yard that day, and I think school wasn't even in session! Two cops had a radar and speedtrap. I couldn't have gotten this ticket at a worse time, when I'm just getting back on my feet financially.

Speedtraps oughta be outlawed! Nobody is totally awake at 7:00 a.m. anyway, and it's taking advantage of drivers who haven't yet had their total daily requirement of caffeine!

And if schools are closed, the speed limit shouldn't be the school zone speed, but the normal speed for that street.

Whats worse, I've heard in traffic court they make no allowances for dire financial straits--you gotta cough up the fine immediately!! AARRRRGH!

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It's as bad here in Oregon - There's a school zone here that is 20mph 24 hours a day.

As if the kids are going to be going to school at 3am for fex sake !

Its purely a way of collecting revenue.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
if you hit a kid goin 20mph or 50mph. its gonna hurt like hell. might as well be goin 50.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Well if anything you learned to not take that route in the future, huh?

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spew
if you hit a kid goin 20mph or 50mph. its gonna hurt like hell. might as well be goin 50.

ROFLMAO!

make it 80.

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spew

Wow, i can see that was well thought out! such intelligence, you put me to shame! Better hope you never hit my child. twisted sense of humor. :shk:

Mig 12, i see you show great intellect aswell. :shk:

[Edited on 29-11-2004 by instar]

new topics

top topics

join