It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

did some onetryand hack my cctv ? ? ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
my cctv is connected to the internet.. today i heard a few beeps then up flashed on the cctv screen username and password. this have never happened before. any help please would be great lol

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

First off: Grammar.
Second: Im going to guess that English isn't your primary language.
Third: Yeah, it's not hard to connect to a cam like that. If someone DID connect, they were probably just some neckbeard messing around on his computer. He probably didn't "hack" anything. Better be safe and change your password, though.
edit on 8-4-2013 by CrisMajor because: I cant be calling others out on their grammar without fixing my own, eh?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rikgrimsby

I heard something about this on the news today. I'll see if I can find the video.

Here is an article from 2012.

www.wired.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CrisMajor

haha sorry about the English am watching TV at the same time. Well thanks for the help not sure why they would want to muck about.... at least they didn't get in. nothing to see anyway.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Ha, it took me to read the posts to realise what a 'onetryand' was...thanks!

Apart from that, it is quite scary if someone tried to take over your cctv. Why?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

If you haven't noticed by now this isn't youtube, your grammar Nazi bull crap won't get you anywhere.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
disable plug and play support on your moden,
and go to the support page of your camera manufacturer and download the security fix,
last year it was shown that "most" cameras can be accessed from the web,
giving access through the firewall of some modems.

this is supposed to be easy to exploit,
so it could be that they used your cameras IP to access the rest of your network

better to be safe

xploder

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   
so is there a search thing where people can just put in a ip address then see the cameras or do they have to download things to get them ?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
so is there a search thing where people can just put in a ip address then see the cameras or do they have to download things to get them ?

There are many ipscanners out there so i wouldnt doubt there is one just for cctv's. At one time we used to just use google to find IP cams on the net. Cant remember just how we did it though, that was a long time ago now

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

you know any good ipscanners ?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

*Youtube;
There is no need to be upset.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

**YouTube. The semicolon would have been fine if the statements were not separated by a line.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Yes IP camera's can be wide open on the internet if not setup correctly. The software that comes with the camera includes a web portal for viewing, but the big question does it have cryptography to protect the stream and user log-ins? So there you have the dilemma. The best way to handle something like this is to instead of opening the portal to the outside world through the router/firewall, have a SSH or VPN server setup at the home.

top topics

join