It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Items That Shouldn't Exist (OOPARTs)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Then work on what you know, not on what you think others should know...then share it. I wouldn't criticise half as much if I didn't think you were capable of so much more. I want to see you engaging in an informed discussion, not just feeding the monkeys.

edit on 8-4-2013 by KilgoreTrout because: excess words

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Which is why I post items here. I'm a novice in these areas and I don't know a lot. By bringing the info here, I always get responses from members who've traveled that road before and can offer guidance.

It opens dialogue, even if only one-sided. And that is how I learn.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
I, too, read the wiki and other sources that claim the figurines are faked. However, the dates given for the items are problematic with it being a hoax.

Actually it doesnt work that way.

The carbon-14 dates do NOT indicate the date of manufacture of these figurines.
The date refers to the age of the carbon material within the clay they were made from.

5000 years ago, there was plant life on the surface.
today, you dig a hole to get some clay and uncover that material.
hey presto, "5000 year old" figurines.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
OUTSTANDING JOB

Don't get discouraged at the critics..

It never ceases to amaze me how the "Experts" debunk things with their own "Theories" and we are expected to just accept and believe their "Theories" because they are "Experts"

It is critically looking at things like this that create and give birth to the most amazing discoveries..

KEEP IT UP

Semper

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

edit on 8-4-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

phys.org...

heres one
edit on 8-4-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Although most of them are fakes, I still think it's a good and interesting post.

Thanks for sharing, smylee!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Good thread. I'd never seen these ones before, so thanks for that. Usually it's just a rehashing of the "Swiss Watch" and "Ancient Aircraft" artifacts when these threads pop up. For once, it was something new (at least new to me). Star and flag for you!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
And just when I thought I have read it all on ATS.... yet some new discoveries for me...3 out of 4 of the discoveries i have never heard of...great work S&F

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Very interesting and relevant information.

The simple answer to your quest is that the current historical accounts of man are simply incorrect.

Civilizations rise and fall just like empires. Nothing lasts forever on Earth. Even Earth does not lasts forever.

Technical knowledge is discovered and lost.

The civilizations that came before the current one were very advanced too. They built large cities, roads, waterways, airplanes, submarines, ships etc.

However the evidence is lost. How long human body survives? How long a metallic object survives? The human body turns to elements, metal becomes rust, and stone becomes dust.

"Ramayan" was written 18.1 million years before today. It contains accounts of radars, airplanes, energy weapons, cannons etc.

The continent of America was called "Pataal" in ancient India. It was supposed to be a bad place, like a place for outcastes. However such things are so difficult to prove as ancient manuscripts have been lost to wars and calamities.

We have governments and elites in place today that are concerned with the survival of their social system, rather than discovery of truth. Truth is ignored or suppressed. Elaborate theories are created and disseminated to confuse people. State forces are used to keep people terrorized rather than protect the borders. The banking system is created to sustain the elite rather than to create a wealthy and just society.

You can ask the questions but nobody will give you the answers.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Lots of people miss these things in older threads. Sure there is lots of great info in them, but it never hurts to offer a new perspective, or at least a fresh thread. The criticism sucks, but it's how we all learn. (I hate it too but it does happen)

Judging by the attention, lots of others liked your thread, so keep it up. This is the stuff ATS was built on.
Thanks for the read.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
nice post s&f ever since ancient aliens man I get that feeling someone in our educational system is bull#ting . cavemen my ass they were probably flying around on real magic carpets and indian flying machines lol

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

The Aiud Artifact sure does look like a tooth from an excavating machine bucket.

SEE HERE

Is it possible that this fell off the machine that was used in the dig itself?

I doubt it - One summer as a teenager I worked with my grandfather at his construction equipment maintenance business and we had to change a few of those. They were most definitely not aluminum, and I can't imagine anyone using aluminum for them as they would bend or break if you encountered a rock...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

A few comments:

First, Nan Madol was built around 1200 AD or so, long after the area had heavy transport boats and ropes and sophisticated stone tools. They traded with China and many other areas.

When I think of ancient sites, I don't think of things that are only 600 years old as being ancient... but that's just me, of course.

As to the Acambaro Figurines, they are clearly fake (as has been pointed out.) I work with two of the paleontologists featured on Nova's "Arctic Dinosaurs" -- and, honestly, those are really bad fakes. No dinosaur looked like any of those shapes. They'd make interesting fantasy dragons to sell to tourists, and I'm sure they'd be hot items if they were decorated with tribal-type graphics. I think they look like really cute folk art, but they're clearly not dinosaurs.

"Map of the creator" is simply fossilized wavelet marks. Those are fairly common -- the "porcelain" texture is simply silt. Rocks are set down in layers (it's a lot of fun to go look at the rocks in a road cut) and will have a variety of hardnesses and textures.

The "aluminum wedge" isn't listed on more credible websites simply because it's a modern artifact (like the "fossilized cowboy boot." It's been identified before as a piece from a digging scoop.

These things come around every few years -- those of us who have been into these things for more than a few decades kind of roll our eyes and forget how exciting they look to people who have never seen them before. There are a lot of mysteries involving cultures and artifacts and languages and traditions and life forms -- a thousand other mysteries that scientists know about. Sadly, the real mysteries have to be tricked up with a lot of lipstick and glitter to get the public interested in them and compete with the spectacular "Everything You Were Taught Is Wrong" fakes.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hewearsmanycrowns

Education system serves the purpose of the Elites. They would never let you learn something that makes you question them.

So many people in India learn meditation techniques, yoga etc. in a quest for truth. They renounce all material comforts and live in harsh discipline. Out of these even, very rare ones actually understand the truth. The ones who understand normally shun the society due to its deep corrupting influence.

Humans have miraculous powers given by God that only a Learned (self-enlightened) can understand. However humans live in ignorance, and have no idea how to activate the powers. Humans do have power to see back in history in a state of meditation. Humans have powers to see past events and even understand future in seed form.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Great post!!!!!!!! I had never heard of any of these. Going do to more research. Keep them coming smiley.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

It is not very easy to figure out age of a stone structure. How would you know it is 600 years old.

Even if it is 600 years old, cutting and transporting 60 ton slab of stone is a big feat for that time.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

Up next….The Acambaro Figurines

The Acambaro Figurines are either an elaborate hoax or a most amazing discovery, depending upon your source. I’ll leave that conclusion to you, and simply present what I’ve uncovered in my research for your consideration.

In 1944, German entrepreneur Waldemar Julsrud uncovered several clay figurines near the banks of Cerro del Toro in Acámbaro, Guanjato, Mexico. Julsrud, intrigued by the figurines, later employed local farmers to dig up and bring the unusual items to him. Eventually, the collection numbered approximately 32,000 pieces.

Here’s the interesting part. The figurines appear to represent dinosaurs and other extinct animals that existed before humans.

we live in an age where all manner and method of fakeries dominate the logistics
of the ongoing (social) conditioning agendas of our 'masters'.
we must now question everything presented to us with fakery in mind, even (and especially)
the very existence of dinasaurs themselves.

The (non-religious) dinosaur hoax question.

i wonder how many previously unknown dinasaur types were discovered in the field
subsequent to this finding, only for miniature examples of these types to be found among the figurines?

if the number was found to be any way significant, it would only serve to confirm
the whole dinasaur hoax issue.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Hi Smyleegirl, don't worry!!
You put a great thread together. It was informative and fun. I didn't know of those Ooparts and regardless being a Hoax or not, I'm learning a lot in this thread.

Thank you and Congratulations. s&f

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
OK, regarding the Aluminium slab from Aiud:

- the piece can be found in the Museum of Natural History of Transylvania from Cluj-Napoca Romania.

- it has been analysed in various laboratories from Romania, including the Scientific Platform from Magurele, the place that will hold the largest Laser in the world. What the reports find strange is the fact that it is a alloy of aluminium and stanium (a paradox) and most important the thick layer of oxidation on the piece, going towards the core of the examined piece and thus the estimation of it being ancient. I found the sources using Google and searched for "aluminiu+aiud+excavat" in romanian

- being romanian i can find a ton of sources about the subject, credible and non credible. until i go to Cluj next and visit the museum to see for myself I will not form an opinion

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by GargIndia
reply to post by Byrd

It is not very easy to figure out age of a stone structure. How would you know it is 600 years old.

Even if it is 600 years old, cutting and transporting 60 ton slab of stone is a big feat for that time.

They had written languages back then, and there are inscriptions and references to the king who built it.

60 tons is a huge slab, but the Romans (back in 100 BC) were dragging around 100 ton stones and the Egyptians lifted multi ton stones to the top of their temple columns. In 1300 BC, Ramses II built a temple with a thousand-ton stone slab moved many miles. China built the first iteration of the Great Wall in 500 BC and moved a lot of materials each time they built a section of it. There were other large temples in Southeast Asia.

Nan Mandol is unusually large, but it's not really horrendously out of scope for what the ancients were able to do. A lot of the "hidden knowledge" sites don't ever bother to tell you what the ancients REALLY could do.

It was pretty amazing stuff!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join