It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘There’s No Turning Back’: Interview With a Hunted American Jihadist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Omar Hammami is a rapping -- jihadi from Alabama who might be the next American assassinated by a drone.
I never knew this guy existed but he has a $5 Million bounty on his head.

So I read this article about him and I don't know if he's real or just another psyop propaganda, but I would like if somebody explain to me why is this kid a threat to the National Security and worth $5 Million? What American law did he break exactly?

Interesting article though...

‘There’s No Turning Back’: My Interview With a Hunted American Jihadist

Omar Hammami, the most prominent American jihadi left alive, probably should be running. When Hammami came to Somalia for jihad in 2006, he never anticipated that al-Qaida’s local affiliate would pledge to kill its former propaganda asset. And last month, the U.S. government put a $5 million bounty on the head of the 28-year-old Alabama native. These could be the last moments of Hammami’s life.
----
Counterintuitively, 9/11 wasn’t a big deal for Hammami. Sure, his neighbors “acted as if they would not fix my car unless I denounced bin Laden and praised George Bush,” he wrote, but it didn’t flip any intellectual switches for him. “9/11 simply made me more politically [conscious], not knee jerk tho,” he DMs. “Terror” was never “my ultimate goal. jihad was my obligation and the nwo” — that is, the New World Order — “my enemy.”
----
If the Order was his enemy, Hammami doesn’t have the same harshness for the people who live in its clutches. He doesn’t dwell on the non-Muslims who taunted him. A post-collegiate move to Canada was “a blast,” as a smart-assed Hammami would crack on passersby: “How ’bout that hockey eh? Wanna have a coffee at Tim Horten’s [sic] or should I get ya a Fresca?”
----
Yet Hammami’s focus on his dream of an Islamic world contains an intriguing subtlety: al-Qaida isn’t particularly important within it. “aq did their job. It’s time to move on to khilafah,” he DMs. “Aq is a methodology to move towards khilafah. We became closer now and need a new paradigm. No idea 4 candidates tho.”

Nor is Hammami interested in going outside of Somalia to pursue it. Asked if he might join the uprising in Syria — his father is Syrian and the Assad regime tortured his uncle — he says there’s “No road, and i have to fix this place b4 leaving.” But “victory and state building isn’t my perrogative,” he DMs. His jihad is finished “once we are irreversibly on the right track. the ideology becomes spread broad base.” In the meantime, he says, he’s planting corn and melons, riding his donkey to get water, and keeping an eye out for Shebab. Washington believes stopping that is worth $5 million; it might be overpaying

edit on 8-4-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

You are right he most likely will be the next American hit with a sidewinder. Personally I think AQ will get him first. He is still in Yemen despite everyone trying to kill him. Someone will mention they saw a western looking guy at a water spot and his life will be over. He really pissed off the leadership of AQ. I will add that if he is indeed dm ing with people the NSA will lock onto his signal very short order. honestly cannot believe he is dumb enough to Direct message anyone. If they had the money they might offer 6 million dollar bounty on his head. Or 2 mules. Look he is a threat precisely because of what he did. Joining the enemy is never a good choice in your home country. He is a radical Muslim extremist whether he supports AQ or not. As he even says what he has done cannot be undone. If America wants to blow 300 million dollars a day on a war we were railroaded into (Iraq)I am not sure 5 mil is overspending. We have spent 1.4 trillion on Afganistan and Iraq. Works out to roughly 386 million a day to wage both wars. The Pentagon simply lost 2.1 trillion dollars they could not account for which coincidently they announced on Sept 10, 2001. 5 million is chump change.
edit on 8-4-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Originally posted by whatsecret

So I read this article about him and I don't know if he's real or just another psyop propaganda, but I would like if somebody explain to me why is this kid a threat to the National Security and worth $5 Million? What American law did he break exactly?

It says in another article from your source that.........

Hammami and another jihadi suspect, both believed to be in Somalia, “are wanted for conspiracy to provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization, which includes their significant contributions to al-Shabaab’s media and military activities,” the FBI stated Wednesday, as CNN first reported.
Wired.com

What benefit would it be to make this guy up in a psyop propaganda operation? Do you think that the State Department decided it would look good on their resume if they were to make up a person and announce they were offering FIVE MILLION dollars to kill?

Maybe you could point out that logic to me because I don't see any.

Kill the bastard and the like.

-Alien
edit on 4/8/2013 by Alien Abduct because: fixed the "reply to" link thingy

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

American turned a jihadi keeps the people on a lookout. FBI, DHS, TSA make people feel a little better.

$5 Million make him seem important/dangerous in case they will have to kill him.

Just my opinion, nothing more.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
My contact at the FBI tells me that Abu Mansour al-Amriki is in the Mudug province somewhere near Galkacyo in Somalia. He was indited by United States District Court, Southern District of Alabama on December 17th 2007 for providing material support to terrorists. His arrest warrant is named for Omar Shafik Hammami which would be his alias in America.

Retina scans would prevent him from ever entering the US or getting a visa to depart from any African, European or Far East airport. My source tells me that the CIA is shadowing him and he may or may not be alive-or even exist for that matter. This smells to him , and myself as well, as some sort of CIA prop for what use or reason is anybody's guess.

My experience tells me he never existed at all and is being used to fester out American supporters of jihad. The use of Farouk or Farouq as an alias would put him in the region of Hiran which is somewhat ridiculous as all Americans are hated there and would be exterminated by citizenry mobs if found to be American -jihadist or not.

That is somewhat of a clue as very few would recognize that mistake and certain Arabic speaking individuals that would, such as myself, could be included in a gaslight ploy of idiocy that the CIA is known for such as Comrade Castro's exploding cigar or Bernie Madoff's double seeking investors in Tibet.

One thing that is for sure about today's CIA is an infinite number of possibilities.
edit on 9-4-2013 by spooky24 because: grammar

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Omar Hammami does exist, and has several recruitment videos to his name. I think Current had a document about him and his friend awhile back...

Anyway, this guy is not some CIA Pawn, anymore than you have a FBI Contact.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

What benefit would it be to make this guy up in a psyop propaganda operation? Do you think that the State Department decided it would look good on their resume if they were to make up a person and announce they were offering FIVE MILLION dollars to kill? Maybe you could point out that logic to me because I don't see any.

Good question-impossible to answer.

If your really interested try obtaining the original warrant from the south Alabama district court and see if it is sealed or not. Look at some of the odd things in the various press releases. If this guy is a wanted for facilitating jihad why is he shown clean shaven in his wanted photo? The whole FBI profile looks odd as a cod to me-notice the difference in his photo as apposed to the other wanted terror suspects-it looks like a studio photo.

Or it could be that the whole idea is FOR people to notice the odd things in his profile-the obvious mistake about the alias.

I gave up trying to figure out all this 'enhanced facilitation' , as it is known, years ago-it's so frustrating and the Department of State is like a long term prison in some ways. You have all these operators who sit around with nothing else to do but come up with these phoney scams- or real people and events that they want to look like phoney scames-to certian people they are trying to gaslight, or more often than not, come out of hiding-like prisoners have nothing else to do but try to figure out ways to buck the system. When it comes to these wanted jihad guys the sky is the limit as to what State will ask the CIA to do. Use this Shaykh al-Huwayni: as an example. How phoney does that look?

One would think, that persons in a forum such as this, would be the first to understand that every country on the globe uses youtube and other social media to their advantage, for what ever reason or image they are trying to portray.

Could this guy really be who he is portrayed to be? Of course he could. He could very well be a wanted terrorist with a 5 mil noose around his neck. I doubt it however the American public, with cooperation of the media, are going to be fed what State wants them to be fed-end of story.

new topics

top topics

join