It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goddess Banned for Trolling...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Alot of this ancient stuff comes from Lyra by the way, my system, my people, and they went to Rigel, various systems and earth is a school for many systems, and Lyra seeded humans here. But the equality and better school was hijacked by annanuki and dark siders, the love of power, macho, militants and slavers, they took out Mu, and Mars. Alot of that battle is depicted in ancient myths.

I believe that Ishtar is a hijacked story, very much so, and quite possibly Rigelian nordics or Lyra.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   

It can't be. As soon as one thinks they can categorize liminal phenomena, one has fallen into a kind of trap. We need to learn to respect that betwixt realm... to tolerate paradox and ambiguity. Otherwise our intolerance makes us vulnerable.

That's also the realm that theologians have to enter to understand God. But they don't. They tend to think God can be mapped by rigid concepts and doctrine and argument and evidence.

It can't be.

reply to post by BlueMule

The description here that you wrote of the "betwixt and between," and paradox and ambiguity, and applied that to our interpretations of so much we wish to categorize, in order to simplify it for our understanding, quite frankly blew me away.
I happened to be listening to "The Future" by Leonard Cohen when I read what you wrote, and it touched a place in me where we know we have taken in an important truth, which when understood and accepted, would be life changing in our perception of almost everything meaningful in life.

Our lack of understanding of the paradoxical nature of life has meant we are very vulnerable, as you say, because all the fine distinctions and their paradoxical nature have been slowly muted, and it has changed what people will accept, making them more malleable.

Thanks for your observations.

edit on 9-4-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Love this thread. S & F for sure.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by tetra50

you could try doing some research. it is rather well known.

Any effort to trace the origins of the myth, legend, and lore of goddess-worship will eventually lead one back to a single historical figure---Semiramis, wife of Nimrod and queen of Babylon, and this is especially true when considering the goddess/planet Venus.

ldolphin.org...

you will find many start with her and move forward, claiming that mary is an incarnation of this myth, and that therefore christianity is based on earlier pagan ideas. this is simply not true.

Good suggestion, and I did as you suggested last night. Some of this, it turns out, I was quite familiar with, but had not remembered a lot of it as I had looked into so very long ago, and only so much seems to fit in my brain....ah the sad limitations I have.

Thanks for an interesting read. I don't know that I would dismiss quite that quickly that some of this which predates the Bible and Judeo-Christian belief systems did not influence them. But, this is surely a matter of opinion. But there are some remarkable similarities within the pagan going to the Judeo-Christian belief systems.
I read a post last night, that I tried to save, I found it so illuminating on this topic and even beyond, as to why the Judeo-Christian belief system came about and how it has been widely applied.....perhaps I can find it again today. Certain parts of it apply directly to this thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Can you distill it down to three sentences that convey something novel. The whore of babylon stories are so numerous and old. Whats this new about basically, that all modern religion is a retooling of ancient religion, wow thats ground breaking

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
I'll begin with a quote from this book regarding Inanna the Sumerian Goddess

Thanks for another thread with excellent topical substance.
It seems from some of your writings, that you hold to (or lean toward) a fairly literal take on the Ancient myths...?
In my readings, I have been confused by the many various tales of Inanna (& others)...
You have certainly pointed to what inspires the confusion...being her possession of both sides of the coin/s.
At any point in the ancient texts, do you see this "banning" actually carried out? Or do you simply infer said "banishment" by virtue of symptomatic events in our more modernly-accepted versions and interpretations of history?

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Like i said, i see the 'banning' in terms of the promotion of a doctrine of absolutes found in zoroastrianism, a dualistic system of thought were everything is truth or lie, fact or fiction, and truth is personified by Ahura Mazda, the one who gives enlightenment.

Inanna enjoyed the grey areas, blurred boundaries and distinctions, so effectively was put on ignore, a troublesome nuisance.

The people could then enjoy their sense of seeming certainties and absolutes...as they still do.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I don't see inana as a trickster, Take into account that in religous and historical terms,inana became the virgin mary,there seems to be a clean up situation taken place. Inana had to drop the 'free love' lifestyle aswell as the goddess of war,she was the patron deity of prostitutes which goes against the immaculate conception.

Inana is unique, she is the deity that appears to be most written about,her personification is in many cultures across the world,she is not localised.She is also one of the very few deities that have free access to heaven,earth and the underworld,she is as we could say 'transdimensional'. Hence where her secondary attribute, wisdom came from an understanding of all three worlds.
Then look at her attributes, love,war and sex
Of all the ancient deities,she appears to be most human,overlap those three attributes and you have 'the good,the bad and the ugly' of all humankind.In ancient writing,she had a soft spot for humans,yet gave a 'tough love' approach,but at the same instance would be the first to fight alongside humans even against other deities if there was a sense of justice.......sometimes there appeared no sense,until a later time which indicates a precognition.

When it comes to love attribute,it was not marriage..nor even in partipation of human marriage...it was all outside of wedlock.Her partners never lasted long and she never married.There are different accounts of her love with dumuzi,Gilgamesh turned her offering down,because of her attitude with previous lovers,she is associated with the 'skull n' x-bones' symbol because of her infamous notoriety.It was said "If she approached, you were safe,If you approached,you may be lucky,yet if you crossed/faced,you may be dead"Her war attribute can be best described to what the Assyrians used to call a battlefield......."playground of ishtar".
To me,Inana was no trickster/loki type,the evidence points to the raven,crow or rook.
transdimensional,precognitive,panoramic wisdom/perception and skull x-bones symbol
American indian crow medicine has alot in common with this deity.
edit on 10-4-2013 by 8pointed1 because: spotted a false statement

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
She is not only a trickster figure but she is the Anima Mundi in Jungian terms. She is the entire unconscious mind in symbolic form. For men its a female form. For women, she is a male Animus.

The ego and the unconscious mind unite in sacred marriage. She takes you and swallows your ego, transforms it in the Holy Dark, and then gives birth to it. She gives birth to form. To God. To the universe.

edit on 10-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I just wanted to chime in quickly, that I think this thread is awesome.

Inanna, alongside a small host of other Sumerian deities, is among my personal pantheon. It's great to see that she is still understood by people after all this time. Especially, as you've pointed out, in the face of so many absolutes.

Have you ever studied her sister, Ereškigal-Allāt? Sumerian mythology and cultic religion has a very deep foundation composed of sibling-rivalry mythology. Any study of Inanna, I feel, is personally lacking if it never touches on her sister. All of the rule-bending of Inanna becomes so much clearer when paired beside the mythologies of Ereškigal-Allāt, who provides a hard, cold Law, and finality which Inanna can never escape, despite her desires to subjugate it.

Great thread though.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Thanks, yes i am familiar with Ereškigal, the suggested sister relationship may be more iin terms honorific address but she represented the absolute void in the Underworld darkness, an absolute which Inanna cannot be reduced to, without no longer being Inanna, that is to say dead...as she always has involvement in the everything.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
She is not only a trickster figure but she is the Anima Mundi in Jungian terms. She is the entire unconscious mind in symbolic form. For men its a female form. For women, she is a male Animus.

The ego and the unconscious mind unite in sacred marriage. She takes you and swallows your ego, transforms it in the Holy Dark, and then gives birth to it. She gives birth to form. To God. To the universe.

edit on 10-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

Holy crap.

While I know her as a bit more personified than that, what you wrote is a beautiful assessment on all of godhood.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Isis - The Goddes is NOT the messiah.

Isis represents The Earth. The Womb of Life (and Light).

The virgin which gives life.

If anything she represents the one who GIVES BIRTH to the Messiah.

Mother Mary - the fruit of her womb Jesus.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

To not choose one or the other, who is the truth the Sophia Isis, or the ones against her energy. Which one is the truth. Well before you all going leaping on Isis side just think about this
There will not be peace until the reality is faced that the light and dark can never truely be balanced and one will always dominate the other. This is the truth that Isis has mislead people about this truth of nature.

Here lies the path to people truely becoming free. Once people understand the truth of reality, and deny and denounce Sophia Isis for what she really is; a false and misleading prophet, they will be lifting the shroud she has covered over their eyes, an and be in a position to pick light or dark, and there will be then no more evilness of hatred or heartness of loves to defend anymore then.

Once there in nothing left to fight over or defend humanity will be finally free of the duality prision, there will be no more light or dark just what is, and what is remaining will only be the truth!
edit on 13-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
bump

DESCENT OF THE GODDESS ISHTAR INTO THE LOWER WORLD

To the land of no return, the land of darkness,
Ishtar, the daughter of Sin directed her thought,
Directed her thought, Ishtar, the daughter of Sin,
To the house of shadows, the dwelling, of Irkalla,
To the house without exit for him who enters therein,
To the road, whence there is no turning,
To the house without light for him who enters therein,
The place where dust is their nourishment, clay their food.'
They have no light, in darkness they dwell.
Clothed like birds, with wings as garments,
Over door and bolt, dust has gathered.
Ishtar on arriving at the gate of the land of no return,
To the gatekeeper thus addressed herself:

"Gatekeeper, ho, open thy gate!
Open thy gate that I may enter!
If thou openest not the gate to let me enter,
I will break the door, I will wrench the lock,
I will smash the door-posts, I will force the doors.
I will bring up the dead to eat the living.
And the dead will outnumber the living."
The gatekeeper opened his mouth and spoke,
Spoke to the lady Ishtar:
"Desist, O lady, do not destroy it.
I will go and announce thy name to my queen Ereshkigal."

(continues...) www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThereIsNoHandle

good bump. nice text.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Hey thanks!

I did not expect to see a reply so quickly

upload.wikimedia.org...

edit on 16-2-2015 by ThereIsNoHandle because: (no reason given)

Qadesh (Qedesh, Kadesh, Qetesh, Qudshu) originally a Semitic deity whose worship was imported into Egypt during the New Kingdom. She was a goddess of nature, beauty and sexual pleasure. Originally her husband was the god Reshep, a Syrian deity whose worship was introduced to Egypt during the Middle Kingdom. When her worship spread to Egypt she was associated with the fertility god Min. Min and Reshep were worshipped as a triad with Qadesh in which she was either the wife of both gods or the wife of Reshpu and the mother of Min.

www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk...
edit on 16-2-2015 by ThereIsNoHandle because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join