It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Goddess Banned for Trolling...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

the "mother goddess" comes from queen semiramis and king nimrod of ancient babylon. in fact, nimrod was the founder of babylon.

any guesses as to who nimrod was? the great grandson of noah.

simply put, you didn't go back far enough into the past. if you had, you would find that the elements of christianity predate the goddess, and that she is a wholly fictitious creation of queen semiramis (who claimed she was a goddess). her name and nimrod's son's name changed over time, she became ishtar and many others, and he became baal, molech, and many others.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by tetra50

Also one has to be worried if someone comes and presents themselves to you, as many do seek for answers and dabble in things they shouldn't be, occult practices, and in the end, unless your own actual memories flow back, and you know, people are accepting things they shouldn't be. This is what the leaders have been doing for thousands of years, buying Legions distorted versions of truth and what the universe is about. So they believe in a natural order, the strong using the weak, and yet, this is just a testing ground, or a better term is a practicum to grow in. We gain through experience, soul growth. Its not exactly a test, and then its pencils down, more an opportunity to grow in.

Yes, I agree. With that said, I would welcome your input in my current thread. and will send you a U2U in hopes you will give your time to read, and give us your wisdom.....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Oh, sorry, but nothing from my responses here would give you the right to interpret what I wrote, as I didn't go so far into that--for one reason, I don't have the education to imply those implications you alluded to....
But have fun, disregarding and misinterpreting what you read.....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

What does trickster mean or imply. Goodness is humble of heart, loving, straight forward, transparency, and doesnt put veils over the truth. But I agree with not judging or choosing to love and compassion for everyone.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

you could try doing some research. it is rather well known.

Any effort to trace the origins of the myth, legend, and lore of goddess-worship will eventually lead one back to a single historical figure---Semiramis, wife of Nimrod and queen of Babylon, and this is especially true when considering the goddess/planet Venus.

ldolphin.org...

you will find many start with her and move forward, claiming that mary is an incarnation of this myth, and that therefore christianity is based on earlier pagan ideas. this is simply not true.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

That's a product of Protestant literalist thought, in which the Goddess is pinioned like a butterfly and considered dealt with, but i can assure you the cult of Innana considerably pre-dates the emergence of Babylon, that her involvement in the Sumerian flood narrative as sympathetic to mankind predates the derivative tale of Noah, and any historic personage by the name of Semaramis, who is generally dated to around the time of the Assyrian Empire.

To some extent she is given as demonstrating some of the behavioural aspects of Inanna, and tellingly these are seen in a negative light, again indicating that the tide was turning in the region.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

What does trickster mean or imply. Goodness is humble of heart, loving, straight forward, transparency, and doesnt put veils over the truth. But I agree with not judging or choosing to love and compassion for everyone.

I agree with all that.

But there is more to goodness than just what you wrote.

So there is a gap between all that goodness is, and all that you think it is.

That gap is where the trickster dwells.

There will always be a gap between the Divine totality and our earthly conceptions of Divine totality. The Divine totality can't be grasped by thought or word. We tend to think it can be, though.

So there is a gap in all religions that we are sometimes blind to. A liminal region betwixt and between the signifier and the signified. That is the realm of hermeneutics and of the trickster.

That's the realm that UFOlogists have to enter to understand UFOs. But they don't. They tend to think the UFO phenomenon can be categorized as "alien".

It can't be. As soon as one thinks they can categorize liminal phenomena, one has fallen into a kind of trap. We need to learn to respect that betwixt realm... to tolerate paradox and ambiguity. Otherwise our intolerance makes us vulnerable.

That's also the realm that theologians have to enter to understand God. But they don't. They tend to think God can be mapped by rigid concepts and doctrine and argument and evidence.

It can't be.

edit on 8-4-2013 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I notice that thread, and never had to question my own mental illness, for the experiences we had, were shared, and no one shares a brain, so if 3 people stand and watch the same thing, and one of them tries to tell them its a result of being excited they're all hallucinating, they wouldnt hallucinate the same thing.

In addition those experiences have always had a lot of psi ones all my life occur. That made me very uncomfortable, never liked being around too many people and dramas. But after two incidents that involved death's, and knowing even where the body was, no longer second guess, when the window opens it opens, and this world is illusion at best, its like a holographic dreamscape.

Now, I just share, without worrying about who thinks its nutty to speak up, when the window opens I take courage and share in the hopes that another might be prodded to begin searching within for answers. I'm getting too old to worry about that, every nudge a person can give to others to look past the world, to seek within, to start to find out why they're here, to overcome their weaknesses and gain in love is worth using. And unlike many posters, some with very succesful threads, Im not a writer naturally, just an ordinary person battling mountains of dishes each day, so do the best I can with my abilities to share.

In fact, I question the sanity of anyone who doesnt question actively the world around them, who supports the left brained paradigm and fossil fuel industry and who doesn't naturally ask questions of their soul each night, do serious investigations into consciousness, and what this world is, because I feel its a responsibility. That its a gift and honor to be able to Love and even Serve/Protect others, and we don't want to give our power away, or permissions for a very negative system and have karma dumped on us.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

There is no trickster in that gap, ie as in a person or entity/soul that would distort truth. However, this realm is illusional. There is a trickster element to the reality around us. What is real? Are we dreamers? Are we exploring levels of consciousness and trying to clear it? There is illusion all around us.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

It sounds as if you disagree with me and are therefore trying to argue with me, but I think you are just proving my point.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

i would like a little more than your assurances. have any research?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Semiramis is thought to have been Assyrian, from around 800 BC, the cult of Inanna pre-dates that by some 2,500 years, that's a long time...

While the achievements of Semiramis are clearly in the realm of mythical Greek historiography, the historical Assyrian queen Shammuramat (Semiramis), wife of Shamshi-Adad V of Assyria, certainly existed. After her husband's death, she served as regent from 810 - 806 BC for her son, Adad-nirari III.[6]
Shammuramat would have thus been briefly in control of the vast Neo Assyrian Empire, which 150 years later stretched from the Caucasus Mountains in the north to the Arabian Peninsula in the south, and western Iran in the east to Cyprus in the west.

Georges Roux speculated that the later Greek and Indo-Iranian (Persian and Median) flavoured myths surrounding Semiramis stem from successful campaigns she waged against these peoples, and the novelty of a woman ruling such an empire

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

This article is written to shed a light on the saga of the mysterious, but fascinating queen Semiramis, the ancient effigy of the Assyrian empire. Famed for her beauty, strength, wisdom, voluptuousness, and alluring power, she is said to have built Babylon with its hanging gardens, erect many other cities, conquer Egypt and much of Asia including Ethiopia, execute war against the Medes and Chaldeans; which eventually lead to an unsuccessful attack on India where she nearly lost her life.

earth-history.com...

wikipedia is generally quite biased as a source.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

yep

very interesting, never read that before and suitable for the times, somewhat.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

Now, I just share, without worrying about who thinks its nutty to speak up, when the window opens I take courage and share in the hopes that another might be prodded to begin searching within for answers. I'm getting too old to worry about that, every nudge a person can give to others to look past the world, to seek within, to start to find out why they're here, to overcome their weaknesses and gain in love is worth using. And unlike many posters, some with very succesful threads, Im not a writer naturally, just an ordinary person battling mountains of dishes each day, so do the best I can with my abilities to share.

Beautifully said Unity

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

It's just that the word trickster stands out as opposite to truth and transparency and helping. Its a word that I am tripping over here.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
ME?????????? BANNED????????????????

I COULD NEVER BE BANNED BY THE LIKES OF MERE MORTALS SUCH AS YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAHHHA HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAH

AAAAAAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAAH AHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

I SHALL TROLL CONSPIRACY MESSAGE BOARDS ACROSS THE GLOBE FOR ALL ETERNITY!@!@!!!

NO BOUNDS SHALL KEEP ME FROM STORMING UPON YOU WITH MY FROSTY BUT ELEGANT POSTERIOR

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

WAAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by InnanaIshtar

oh &*%$

Quick, someone ban her before she throws into confusion this thread which has been ordered!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Its a word that I am tripping over here.

Where you trip and fall is where you find the gold.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Now there's a little synchronicity, i was just listening to this whilst pondering a few things...

(Mary), a simple word, are you there in the cold country?
Your eyes so full, your head so tight
Can't you hear me?
Remember our talk
That day on the phone?
You said I was the door, and you were the station
With shattered glass and miles between us
We still flew away in the conversation

My cup is full, and I feel okay
The world is dull, but not today

She thinks she's a goddess
She says she talks to the spirits
I wonder if she can talk to herself?