It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldilocks-Like Clouds Melted Greenland Glacier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was poking around on Discovery site and happened upon this article in the side-bar. I'm not one way or the other on chemtrail vs contrail, I think the whole idea is interesting and probable.. but I just don't know. Well, if ever there was an article to read and go 'Hmmm..
' it would be this one.

Clouds act like curtains on the atmospheric window of the planet. When there are no clouds, the sun can warm the Earth, but that heat escapes and the air temperatures stay frigid. If there are thick clouds, more of the sun’s energy is bounced back into space, but heat escaping from the Earth’s surface is partly trapped. In the case of Greenland in 2012, the clouds were like sheer curtains that let the sunlight in, but kept enough of that heat inside to warm the air near the surface.

Source

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
That sounds very logical. Cloud cover can keep the earth from loosing heat also, it is common knowledge up here. If they wanted to stop the glaciers from melting, then keeping the clouds from forming up there would be more logical in winter and possibly in summer also.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the clouds sometimes form naturally and they do what they have always done.
Damn clouds.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Fimbulvetr

Its because clouds of that nature do trap heat, that is of concern to scientists who would otherwise use the various artificial cloud making patents there are to combat global warming. That's not to say they wouldn't do it, just that not enough is yet known, and in doing so could just be a net effect. Another thing is the realisation that jets do much the same thing on their own, without any artificial involvement
There are/were also proposals by Russia and the US to melt the arctic ice to help warm up the likes of Siberia to make it more arable, maybe Russia is doing a sneaky, who knows?

www.sjsu.edu...
edit on 8-4-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

top topics

join