It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza police shaving heads of long-haired youths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
More about the strict imposing of islamic militants views and practices through Hamas by the ruling parties. This is how they fracture their own society and/or political parties and view points. There are many highly educated individuals with a pro-western ideology in the region. Eventually this indifference is what keeps the region volatile and prone to foreign interventions. When will they learn in the ME that they're really dividing and making it easier for others to conquer leaving them involved in a constant state of struggle/battle/conflicts all in the name of religion.

It is the latest sign that the Islamic militants are imposing their strict practices on the population.

Hamas has been slowly forcing its fundamentalist interpretation of the religion on already conservative Gaza since it overran the territory in 2007, but the new crackdown on long hair and tight or low-waist pants - in several cases accompanied by beatings - appears to be one of the most aggressive phases of the campaign so far.

The crackdown began last week, and two of the victims told The Associated Press they were rounded up in separate sweeps in Gaza City that included more than two dozen young men.

House painter Ayman al-Sayed, 19, had shoulder-length hair before police grabbed him and shaved his head on Thursday.

"The only thing I want to do is leave this country," said Mr al-Sayed, who despite his ordeal defiantly wore stylish but outlawed narrow-leg tan khakis. "I am scared. They just take you from the street without reason. I don't know what they are going to do next."

The hair crackdown came just days after the Hamas-run parliament in Gaza passed an education bill mandating separate classrooms for boys and girls from the age of nine.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/palestinianauthority/9977967/Gaza-police-shaving-heads-of-long-haired-youths.html]SOURCE[/ur l]

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

This reminds me of the scene in "The Last Samurai" where the police cut off the Samurai's hair...

If I had long hair like that...... I'd be salty.... To say the least.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Good to see them going after these hooligans.

If they don't stop it now the next thing you will see are these kids listening to that Rock & Roll!

No place for this type of rebellious activity in a civilized society.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Almost sounds like the practices here by the people here in the USA in the sixties
I remember when people would cut their kids hair short if they were getting to open minded

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HopechestGood to see them going after these hooligans.
If they don't stop it now the next thing you will see are these kids listening to that Rock & Roll!
Agree however I strictly question the methods.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Almost sounds like the practices here by the people here in the USA in the sixties
I remember when people would cut their kids hair short if they were getting to open minded
But the cops didn't do it for them did they?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Thanks for the catch on this, OP. I think most Americans simply ignore or are totally ignorant of just how extreme Hamas actually IS in the Gaza Strip. Forget Israelis.... Palestinians suffer under their extremism, daily. Someone ought to do a thread about how Hamas deals with political rivals who might..Oh, I don't know...try and USE that 'Democracy' that Hamas abused into power.

Something about rooftops and science lessons to prove the effects of gravity ....and bullets with regard to the life long effect when they meet Mr. Kneecap. Hamas is really just a bunch of swell fellas, eh? I'd LOVE to see the Palestinian Authority that runs the West Bank take the leadership of Gaza. By FORCE if needed. The Palestinians in Gaza don't enjoy half the quality of life and freedom of the West Bank folks ..and Israel has nothing to do with that aspect. Indeed.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Sarcasm is so wasted on these boards.

2nd.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Lol

But how else will they teach those hooligans that they're miscreant behaviour and attitude is not going to be tolerated.

They need to be held down and shaved if you ask me!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
But the cops didn't do it for them did they?

Cops used to be considered as good guys back then. I remember the fire department in a little town where I was from burning down a gay guys tent at a park because he was trying to hustle young local guys
The fire department is very efficient in that little town, they were there before the fire even started
I think officially the fire started from a cigarette but, after all most people used to smoke those days, especially firemen.

I doubt if that would happen anymore nowadays.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Lol

But how else will they teach those hooligans that they're miscreant behaviour and attitude is not going to be tolerated. They need to be held down and shaved if you ask me!
Well they can arrest them or slap them with community service or provide them with work if they do not have parents and are orphans. I guess you must have grown up in a very strict family surroundings. I often put myself in others shoes and think how I used to be as a teenager/young man with a constant state of confusion, trying to fit into the society, finding a place or sense of belonging, seeking answers to thousands of questions in addition to education. Now that I look back, it was all normal part of growing up. I have a good career and a family.

Most the extremists use young men to exploit their motives and agendas (terrorism). Havn't you noticed? The extremist groups promise them 72 virgins but the leaders of the groups themselves never strap themselves to anything.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
1) Can't judge a country's entire police force based on the actions of a rebellious sect.
2) Having your hair grabbed and shaved forcefully has to be a crime. What could be the justification, dreadlocks of
mass destruction?

P.S. If this is part of education reform to differentiate boys from girls, why not check their identification via the parents rather than the full physical and head shave?
edit on 9-4-2013 by MysteriousHusky because: PS

new topics

top topics

join