It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History's Vikings is historically incorrect!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwisoop

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior

I would recommend reading the book by Brad Ferguson. (the shows creator)

I will have to look into that. Is the book titled "Vikings" or does it have a different name?

It is titled Vikings. I found a copy at my local library so maybe you can too.

And about the "crazy guy" references, shipbuilding was taken very seriously by the scandinavians. It was one of the staples of their way of life. The shipbuilders were almost like a tribal shaman because they were looked at as being more in tune with nature. They had to pick trees that had just the right bend at certain places to make the strongest ships. That way the wood fibers were naturally curved and did not have to be shaped and cut losing their strength. So it kinda makes sense that they portray Loki as a hermitized weirdo.

posted on Apr, 23 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Just read that they are planning season 2 of the Vikings and that Colin Farrell may be in the cast. An acquaintance of mine was actually on the show, as an extra, filmed in Ireland.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
Colin Farrell

Looks like I won't be watching the second season. What a shame, it was a good series.

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I love the show really doesn't matter to me if the show is incorrect or not i find the show to be great entertainment..
I'm glad there going to be bringing it back for another season i will be sure to watch..peace,sugarcookie1

top topics

<< 1   >>

join