It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon Estimates 250,000 US Dead In A North Korean War

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
USA won't touch a hardened site in North Korea, short of using the biggest nukes it has. Claiming anything else is a complete fantasy and delusion. North Korea is by far the most hardened country in the world in terms of it's military infrastructure.

It has the same underground complexes like the USA has, it can wage war and run the government from them, like the USA can, but the difference is - it houses almost all of its equipment and ordinance in them. And this country has tremendous amounts of artillery, and a seemingly endless amount of highly trained, highly disciplined, and highly dedicated manpower to man it.

This is by far THE most militarized country in the world. Clearly, the vast majority of people making comments in this thread are completely ignorant about anything and everything related to North Korea. For 60 years, non-stop, they have been preparing for a nuclear war with the United States.

It's very obvious from the comments in this thread that most Americans are totally delusional on this situation, to the point of being borderline psychotic.

And, by the same token, your comments indicate that you do not understand (and I will not use the epithet "borderline psychotic"). You don't have to take out the most hardened bunkers. By definition, any bunker you can shoot out of, is vulnerable to destruction. You take out the emplacements that can project power, you destroy infrastructure and lines of communication. You sit on top of the "indestructible" bunkers, shut off power and fresh air and wait. You dont have to go after them.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
And, by the same token, your comments indicate that you do not understand (and I will not use the epithet "borderline psychotic"). You don't have to take out the most hardened bunkers. By definition, any bunker you can shoot out of, is vulnerable to destruction. You take out the emplacements that can project power, you destroy infrastructure and lines of communication. You sit on top of the "indestructible" bunkers, shut off power and fresh air and wait. You dont have to go after them.

Whereas I absolutely agree that taking out infrastructure and lines of communication is always the first order of business, I'd also like to point out that Kim may have been quite clever in selecting to use nuclear energy as opposed to something like solar or wind. I was thinking about NK's energy crisis the other day and it dawned on me that, whereas we wouldn't hesitate to obliterate a coal factory or a wind or solar farm, we'd definitely think twice before bombing the crap out of a nuclear reactor. Was just a thought. Kim Jong Un also announced that he would be restarting the reactors at Yongbyon just 10 days ago. Whereas if they were still just relying on coal, then crippling their coal plants would've been relatively easy without major impact or international anger. Not so if Yongbyon is going.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Good points. But I dont think its just "bunkers" and pill boxes. I think we are talking tunnels and such.
As you mentioned Okinawa and Iwo Jima. You can take out a Bunker and a few tunnels while missing a 5 others only to have your troops move past them and the enemy to pop out behind them and let loose.

Look at the DMZ the USA and south Korea have found a dozen Tunnels that have been dug under it and have no Idea how long they have been there or if there are others. And its not just the DMZ its all over the mountins and Hills of the North from what defectors have said

Also factor in the Stockpiles of Chemical and Bilogical weapons. Have the North Koreans Military fighting like Japanese by poping up out of hidden tunnels but as well as fireing off small armes have then launching morter shells of sarin or Anthrax! Yes we have counter measures but I know from mates in the UK Army and US walking around in Full chem gear is not a nice way to go and with Sarin you got to be bloody quick to get that stuff on.

As for some saying haha North Korean troops are starving they are no match. Look at the Japanese in world war II they had rotten rations at best and barley none at all especialy when cut of and fighting on the Islands but they still fought like demons.

Again In not anti American and hopeing the USA lose or suffer heavy losses because It will be UK sodliers dieng as well at your side.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
USA won't touch a hardened site in North Korea, short of using the biggest nukes it has. Claiming anything else is a complete fantasy and delusion. North Korea is by far the most hardened country in the world in terms of it's military infrastructure.

It has the same underground complexes like the USA has, it can wage war and run the government from them, like the USA can, but the difference is - it houses almost all of its equipment and ordinance in them. And this country has tremendous amounts of artillery, and a seemingly endless amount of highly trained, highly disciplined, and highly dedicated manpower to man it.

This is by far THE most militarized country in the world. Clearly, the vast majority of people making comments in this thread are completely ignorant about anything and everything related to North Korea. For 60 years, non-stop, they have been preparing for a nuclear war with the United States.

It's very obvious from the comments in this thread that most Americans are totally delusional on this situation, to the point of being borderline psychotic.

What part of they have been preparing for this for 60 years don't you understand?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join