It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Xbox users better at sex than PS3, Wii and PC gamers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I heard about this sudy on the radio early and thought it was hysterical.

[Size=4]We're sure this will get some of you riled up just a tad, but according to a new study Xbox 360 owners are better in bed than PS3, Wii and PC gamers.[/Size]

Link

It's funny to see this, as the gaming culture has gone from nerd status, to pretty much accepted by most everyone.
By this I mean younger people such as current highschool kids and under. Things were different when I was in grade school.. We played outside haha
edit on 8-4-2013 by Banquo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

Yeah, they didn't even have those kinds of games when I was a kid. We played ball all day long. Its not just high school and under age either, my 30 year old son plays every spare moment he can when he's not doing dad stuff or working.

But that is interesting.. I wonder how they determined that????
edit on 4/8/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wtbengineer

I said highschool and under because according to my brothers (age 17, and 13) you're not cool unless you have the latest call of duty game

In the article it says they asked the partners of the people who owned the gaming system

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Wow, I have never heard of a sales scheme that is this impressive
I bet this rumor will boost sales a lot. If you believe in something, it will have an effect on anyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Banquo

Whats funny is that the "hardcore gamer" is considered to be children and teens, ages 8-15 years old, when men and women over the age of 25 actually hold the 'core' numbers for gaming.

On that note, I must be a lean mean, love making machine. Not only do I have two Xboxes, I also have a PS3, and Wii, and my decrepit old laptop... and a 3DS
Barry White, eat your heart out!
edit on 8-4-2013 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
So... the site linked ( joe.ie ) refers to guyism.com as its source.
guyism.com refers to metro.co.uk as its source

These and other sites say that VoucherCodesPro.co.uk is the source of the study, but having visited this money saving coupon site and checking the blog and the press areas, there is in fact no mention of this survey.

What I want to know is... does this story actually exist?

Edit - what I mean is... although this story is now popularly doing the rounds of the net, and commonly attributed to vouchercodespro, the fact is that vouchercodespro is neither a survey site nor does it have any mention of this or any other similar story anywhere on its website.
All sources of the story actually point back to the metro news article.
Did they just make it up?

Edit2 - actually I dont know why I'm bothering to ask ATS users this querstion, the most gullible people on the planet. I mean its not like any of you would ever question something you read.

edit on 8-4-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I'm guessing im pretty much a Jedi at sex then because I own and play all 3.

Knew there was something to gain out of the mindless hours! Woo Hoo!!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Probably because xbox users are forced to pay to spend time with others.. some link to prostitution obviously.

putting on my serious hat for a minute.. its because the xbox is the most common system. people least into gaming are most likely to own an xbox.
edit on 8-4-2013 by cartesia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
It's not saying that gamers are better in general than non gamers.. Lol
Just xbox owners are better than the other 3

And I am in no way trying to claim this as a legit study, but I wanted to make mention on how funny I felt it was for such an article to be written

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

there is in fact no mention of this survey

How would a survey prove anything anyway? As if you're going to let it be known in an online survey how good you are at sex... everyone is going to exaggerate their abilities regardless of what gaming consoles they play.

To really make this an official study we need to actually monitor the gamers having sex... and we need a control group of non-gamers. The control group can be made up of super models, it'll be important to have a high definition cam to capture the experiment properly.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Agreed!
I was also thinking that someone tied to a game all of the time would not only lose their mojo but wouls also be missing out on real world opportunities to actually hone their skill.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This is true... I assure you....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I'm a gamer and play all of them. Does that make me a sex god?

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

join