It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If these exit polls are correct- Bush has won

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If Bush has won this is a sad day for the world. It's clear that many American people don't know/don't care about the consequences and implications of what the neo-cons are doing and planning to do. They are just as much terrorists because they know how to use fear to bend the will of the people...

At least with kerry it would be a fresh start. He may be just as bad, but there is no way he is worse. The neo-con agenda is dangerous. Bad bad news......

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
erm. .

[edit on 3/11/2004 by earthtone]

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ledbedder20

I don't want to start an argument here, I really want to know how you can support him and still consider yourself rational or as someone who cares about anyone else in this world? (not being inflammatory, honest, I really want to know)

Basically, you're arguing that anyone who is different from you is irrational.

There is no point in responding to you after this.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ledbedder20

I don't want to start an argument here, I really want to know how you can support him and still consider yourself rational or as someone who cares about anyone else in this world? (not being inflammatory, honest, I really want to know)

Basically, you're arguing that anyone who is different from you is irrational.

There is no point in responding to you after this.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally Posted by Somewhereinbetween
You may vote for whomever you choose all right, but when your president sets a destructive foreign policy and tries to bully other countries like mine into backing his war-mongering ways, interferes in our processes, and insists that we back his wayward and ill gotten agenda that would further his cause for war and American occupation of foreign lands, then it becomes my business. I well imagine that you were right up there shouting at those foreigners who did not rush to your aid in Iraq, and could not understand why.

Your election for one, was backed by a Bible thumping bunch of citizens who are the first to preach to the masses about morailty, hell bent on controlling a woman's body, determined that a stem cell is life and so should not be destroyed because it is the taking of a life, but are very quick to back a man more than eager to send an adult and adolescent life to their deaths and to kill needlessly living and breathing men, women and children. This is what annoys me about this election and the "me" mentality with which your politics has taken place.

Now, for as long as I have a voice, and live in my free country, I will write and say as I please, do you comprehend?

Try to bully other countries like yours into backing this war? I don�t remember the United States invading any country to force them to back this war or at the very least putting any sanctions on the countries that out and out opposed the war al la France and Germany? While we are at it why don�t you let everyone know what country your from so that our free voice here in the US can rip your choices in your country, sounds fair to me.

No I was not shouting at France and Germany for not joining the war because as far as I am concerned the United States does not need their help. Help from a country that does not want to help is far worse than no help at all.

Man you�re a stereotype superstar aren�t you? Bible thumpers weren�t the only people who voted for Bush, Atheists voted Bush, Muslims voted Bush, Jews voted Bush, Democrats voted for Bush. Hell bent on controlling a woman�s body? What did I miss is there a pro-rape candidate on the ballot? Stem-cell research, hmmmm I voted for Bush and I support it. Bush was the first to put any funding on the table for it, he was just cautious going forward. Look for him to expand funding in the next 4 years. Death penalty, well I am all for it because some of the deeds people do deserve death.

If you want to criticize something you need to be informed at the very least. Do not criticize something so badly when you truly don�t understand it. In a way I wish Kerry was elected so that you could see how bad things could have gotten.

posted on Nov, 3 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackalTry to bully other countries like yours into backing this war? I don�t remember the United States invading any country to force them to back this war or at the very least putting any sanctions on the countries that out and out opposed the war al la France and Germany? While we are at it why don�t you let everyone know what country your from so that our free voice here in the US can rip your choices in your country, sounds fair to me.

Why I didn't realize that in order to bully someome into fighting your war with you, it was necessary to invade that country first. That must be a neo-con way of thinking for the next four years. Of course, considering your affiliation with Bush's party, I am not at all surprised to learn that you join hoardes of other republicans in not knowing anything that transpires within your country's politics, or for that matter how your president's bullying policies were directed toward the nations who refused to bend to his wishes, including the use of sanctions. If you kept your head buried in the sand and ignorant for the last two years, then I have no interest in trying what will surely be a waste of effort, to educate you on that matter.

Stem-cell research, hmmmm I voted for Bush and I support it. Bush was the first to put any funding on the table for it, he was just cautious going forward. Look for him to expand funding in the next 4 years. Death penalty, well I am all for it because some of the deeds people do deserve death.

You can save the daft republican talking points, since the drone of that mantra has managed to dupe the willing to be duped masses already, for I am not one of them and will never be, I at least have the wherewithal to not swallow political bafflegarb without completing due diligence. Unfortunately you and the others who fell for that claptrap just couldn't be bothered to find out that it was not until 1998 that stem cells were grown and thus only then beginning a new chapter in scientific research. Nor am I void of pragmatism to not realise that the sun does not rise and set on the United States of America, in that you cannot stop the research and development elsewhere. I really don't care if you delve into such research or not, but I do care about the abject moral duplicity of those who cry murder at a cell but don't give a damn about the murder of living, breathing, walking and thinking masses of cells called humans.

And while we are at it, why don't you hunt for the many posts I have already made whereby I have revealed my country. Is that request of yours supposed to somehow indicate that I am afraid or unwilling to state so? What difference does it make anyway to you that I happen to live in one of the best in the world, one where the standard of living, including the length of life excels, one that is prospering, more so now despite your president imposing his sanctions and sending his henchman to threaten us with same. I cannot say the same for yours however, because the fool you have placed in charge has managed to cause yours to decline. At the very least, France, Germany, China too, should be sending him a thank you note for managing to hasten the alliance of the European Union, and strengthen their economies.

If you want to criticize something you need to be informed at the very least. Do not criticize something so badly when you truly don�t understand it. In a way I wish Kerry was elected so that you could see how bad things could have gotten.

Odd that you would tell me I am uninformed after the rather vacuous statements you have made above. But then again I fully understand where you are coming from, and that would be the usual inane rhetoric and assault levied by one who has no ability to support his position with anything remotely close to intelligent exchange. Attack away, I have no need of engaging in flames wars, they are useless and banal attempts to disguise the shallow, unintelligent and ill-mannered temperament. and attack my country to your heart's content if it lets you sleep better at night, you won't be the first in here, and I doubt it will be your first time to attack mine or any other.

Suffice it to say, you will reap what you have sown from this man and his policies to reduce the working class of America to exactly the type of people he told he was freeing.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Why I didn't realize that in order to bully someome into fighting your war with you, it was necessary to invade that country first. That must be a neo-con way of thinking for the next four years. Of course, considering your affiliation with Bush's party, I am not at all surprised to learn that you join hoardes of other republicans in not knowing anything that transpires within your country's politics, or for that matter how your president's bullying policies were directed toward the nations who refused to bend to his wishes, including the use of sanctions. If you kept your head buried in the sand and ignorant for the last two years, then I have no interest in trying what will surely be a waste of effort, to educate you on that matter.

Ok I said we did not invade any country or put sanctions on any country in order to get them to support this war. The US has not placed any sanctions, embargos, or boycotts on any country that did not support them in this war, be that Russia, China, France, Germany, or even the Vatican for that matter. Again you have not provided any proof as to how America �bullied� your country into supporting this war so unless you do this point is invalid.

You can save the daft republican talking points, since the drone of that mantra has managed to dupe the willing to be duped masses already, for I am not one of them and will never be, I at least have the wherewithal to not swallow political bafflegarb without completing due diligence. Unfortunately you and the others who fell for that claptrap just couldn't be bothered to find out that it was not until 1998 that stem cells were grown and thus only then beginning a new chapter in scientific research. Nor am I void of pragmatism to not realise that the sun does not rise and set on the United States of America, in that you cannot stop the research and development elsewhere. I really don't care if you delve into such research or not, but I do care about the abject moral duplicity of those who cry murder at a cell but don't give a damn about the murder of living, breathing, walking and thinking masses of cells called humans.

To start you accuse me of not performing my due diligence, yet it was you that made wild accusations that Bush�s support came from a �Bible thumping bunch of citizens who are the first to preach to the masses about morality, hell bent on controlling a woman's body.� I called you on this misconception yet you choose to ignore my response because your extensive stereotypes bit you in the butt. You accused everyone that supported Bush of being bible thumpers hell bent on controlling a woman�s body yet the vast majority did not share those views. So next time you might want to perform your on due diligence.

Yes indeed Stem cell research began in 1998 yet Clinton, a democrat, was in office at that time and he did not approve funding. But, isn�t Bush the evil Republican that will not fund Stem Cell research. Here is the deal with the death penalty vs. Stem Cell research you don�t seem to grasp. Criminals are put to death because they have taken a life themselves, in other words they have had their chance at life and screwed it up. Embryo�s on the other hand have done nothing to no one and do not deserve to die.

And while we are at it, why don't you hunt for the many posts I have already made whereby I have revealed my country. Is that request of yours supposed to somehow indicate that I am afraid or unwilling to state so? What difference does it make anyway to you that I happen to live in one of the best in the world, one where the standard of living, including the length of life excels, one that is prospering, more so now despite your president imposing his sanctions and sending his henchman to threaten us with same. I cannot say the same for yours however, because the fool you have placed in charge has managed to cause yours to decline. At the very least, France, Germany, China too, should be sending him a thank you note for managing to hasten the alliance of the European Union, and strengthen their economies.

Honestly, I don�t care where you live and don�t wish to waste my time searching your posts in an attempt to find out. The reason I asked was so that I could research how it was that the US has bullied your country. Yet, in your current situation you have the ability to throw stones all day long but no one can throw any back because you are hiding, at least in this thread.

Odd that you would tell me I am uninformed after the rather vacuous statements you have made above. But then again I fully understand where you are coming from, and that would be the usual inane rhetoric and assault levied by one who has no ability to support his position with anything remotely close to intelligent exchange. Attack away, I have no need of engaging in flames wars, they are useless and banal attempts to disguise the shallow, unintelligent and ill-mannered temperament. and attack my country to your heart's content if it lets you sleep better at night, you won't be the first in here, and I doubt it will be your first time to attack mine or any other.

Suffice it to say, you will reap what you have sown from this man and his policies to reduce the working class of America to exactly the type of people he told he was freeing.

As I have shown above you have not done your homework so yes you are uniformed.

It shouldn�t bother you one bit that someone attacks your country because you seem to have no problem attacking someone elses.

At the end of the day, The US will continue to be the best country around and Bush will lead the world to a safer place despite people like you.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackalOk I said we did not invade any country or put sanctions on any country in order to get them to support this war...The US has not placed any sanctions, embargos, or boycotts on any country that did not support them in this war, be that Russia, China, France, Germany, or even the Vatican for that matter.

To start you accuse me of not performing my due diligence,
And you have not, that is still quite evident.

yet it was you that made wild accusations that Bush�s support came from a �Bible thumping bunch of citizens who are the first to preach to the masses about morality, hell bent on controlling a woman's body.� I called you on this misconception yet you choose to ignore my response because your extensive stereotypes bit you in the butt.
Is that so? Bush's support came from the Bible thumping crowd, who for the most part claimed they voted for him because he was like them. It seems that everyone but you is aware of this. Google here can assist you in learning otherwise.

You accused everyone that supported Bush of being bible thumpers...
Don't get carried away there, if it is one thing I notice about those who argue erroneously, is that they levy false charges against those they argue against. No need for Google, the text of my statements are in within your reach on this site.

Yes indeed Stem cell research began in 1998 yet Clinton, a democrat, was in office at that time and he did not approve funding.
Very good, that is a plus for you. Now I suppose you fully expect that the day after such a discovery scientists would have prepared all of the relevant papers necessary to petition your government for the funds to cover same, forward them directly to Clinton's attention, and he would drop all else, including the issue of Iraq which your congress was pressing him on at the time, to present the request to congress for funding, and demand they clear their dockets, holidays, vacations and whatever else have you to issue funding. Do I understand your position in full, congress sits waiting for every issue to come to them from the president?

Here is the deal with the death penalty vs. Stem Cell research you don�t seem to grasp. Criminals are put to death because they have taken a life themselves, in other words they have had their chance at life and screwed it up. Embryo�s on the other hand have done nothing to no one and do not deserve to die.
I see, it is quite all right to kill a living breathing life, but not so to kill a cell who might one day grow up to be the living breathing life it is okay to kill. I understand your value for life, I truly do. Once they are born, they are worthless, but you will fight tooth and nail to be sure they are born. Somehwere in yours, the God fearing sect and Bush's Bible, there must be a verse that says, thou shalt not kill the unborn, but all bets are off after they exit the womb.

Honestly, I don�t care where you live and don�t wish to waste my time searching your posts in an attempt to find out. The reason I asked was so that I could research how it was that the US has bullied your country. Yet, in your current situation you have the ability to throw stones all day long but no one can throw any back because you are hiding, at least in this thread.
Then don't waste your time asking. Instead, spend the energy you would with such mundane questions researching your rebuttals for assistance in bolstering same. If you wish to throw stones my friend, pick a country that you know of, knowing what the government of mine decides to do has nothing to do my position on its decisions, just as whatever your elected government decides to do while in power has nothing to do with yours unless you fully approve. In case you haven't noticed, the citizenry are not called upon to vote on every bill.

As I have shown above you have not done your homework so yes you are uniformed.
You have? I missed it.

It shouldn�t bother you one bit that someone attacks your country because you seem to have no problem attacking someone elses.
Au contraire, neither you nor Bush, nor the 51% vote speaks for your entire country, therefore, I have no need to levy any barb at 100% of the population. That is the difference between me and those like you who think a piece of land actually has a voice and holds the conscience of its inhabitants.

At the end of the day, The US will continue to be the best country around and Bush will lead the world to a safer place despite people like you.
Does resorting to insult make you feel better, and is that supposed to make me feel my country is inferior and that your statement has validity?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join