It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Prime Minister Baroness Thatcher Dies.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

edit on 8-4-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is truely aweful.

I can't decide if I'm going to spend my money on a buffet or bunting!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Onami

Go for the buffet before Maggies fanboy Cameron has us all down the foodbank.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
All U.K. taxpayers should be happy she has died-£64000 pension a year and there is the cost of security etc on top of that.
Yet the Tories tell you that only the poor on state benefits are parasites.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Let us not forget who one of her "best friends" was. General Pinochet. What a lovely chap he was:-

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
I could not be more ashamed of some of my fellow members right now.

What the hell is wrong with you people!

A Mother, a wife, a daughter, a friend has just died and you lot are jumping on her corpse with joy.

I was no fan of Thatcher, I totally disagreed with most of her politics, many of her policies made her very unpopular in my part of the word, Scotland, I would never and have never voted for her.

But I am not about to celebrate with joy at her death the way some of my fellow ATS members seem to be doing just like I would not jump for joy at the death of anyone else regardless of their politics.

I think a lot of you need to sit back and look at what you have written and ask yourselves how would you feel if it was your mother, friend, wife or daughter who had died and you saw someone who never knew her posting the tripe that some of you seem to think is excusable because she was a politician.

I am disgusted with some of the remarks so far on this thread.

If I had my way those responsible would be banned.

My sincerest condolences to the Thatcher Family.

edit on 8-4-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

Show me the post where you expressed your disgust at ATS members when Saddam Hussein died.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

I was thinking the same,the only difference was I thought of Osama Bin Laden and Gadaffi.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Disgusting, despicable, arrogant, obstinate woman. Thank God she's gone. What is truly galling is the cross party reverent eulogies about this awful awful woman.

They say she's responsible for making Britain what it is today - well thanks for nothing.

Then they say that most Britain's would have been much worse off if she hadn't implemented the policies she did i.e. destruction of workers' right, destruction of the unions, selling off our national assets etc. To all who say that' we're better off now because of that, I say, prove it!

She brought this country to the brink of civil war.

And while these clips of her are being run on a loop on the news - you listen carefully and see if you can hear anything, anything at all, that demonstrates that she had the best interests of the people of the UK at the core of her belief system and policies - or was she simply honing her own political image and lining hubby Denis's pockets?

Now is a good time to use hindsight and our knowledge of the appalling state we currently live in to start a national debate about the direction we truly want to take for this country.

edit on 8-4-2013 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
I love the fact that I live in a time where such hatred and vitriol is spread in such an anonymous fashion. Seems we have fallen backwards a few steps.

No, this woman was literally like Marmite, love or hate her.

I am in the hate camp. We are still paying the price for her policies. Regulation of the banks relaxed, privatisation of utilitiy companies, destruction of manufacturing etc, etc.

This is the lady who said 'There is no such thing as society'. Well pardon me for not shedding a tear!!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrunkYogi
I'm gonna celebrate tonight, she was the most evil Bit** ever. I watched her rip Scotland to shred's and Northern England. The Miner's, Welfare for the poor, sinking the Belgrano when it was sailing away, demonizing the Trade Union's. Helping the rich get richer and scoffing at the poor as they get poorer. Yes i will be having a drink tonight, this is great news although i never thought i would celebrate the death of another human being let's face it this Bit** wasn't human!!!

Then you are a stupid fool. The miners? You mean Scargill's dictatorship? Twat. England entered the 80's in serious decline and tough choices had to be made. Wait, you mean you were not in a position to make that change? Then f### off as you were too weak to be part of it

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Enjoy,your spiritual home awaits.
"Language Timothy"

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by something wicked

On another thread you said you weren't a Tory, yet you defend them at every opportunity.

She was a vile woman, promoting selfish behaviour, destroying employment rights, killing communities, ending manufacturing in the U.K as part of the Bilderberg plan.

When she realised that the Bilderbergers had sold her a pup regarding Europe, she decided to take them on and lost. Ousted by the Bilderbergers within her own party!!

edit on 8/4/13 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by glen200376

Like her or hate her, Baroness Thatcher was a controversial leader.
I've mixed views about her domestic policies. Some good, some bad, like any P.M;
but she showed the Argentinian junta we were'nt to be trifled with.

( Cue " Rule Britannia..." )

R.I.P. Maggie, you were a " One off " a plain speaking Grantham grocers
daughter, who knocked her public school educated cabinet in to shape,
A great achievement in itself.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Please add to This thread

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join