It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Former prime minister Baroness Thatcher dies peacefully at the age of 87 after suffer

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by lambros56
She totally put an end to the great city of Liverpool.
Some people seem to forgive the wrong doings of their ex leaders.

I'll never forgive that woman for what she done to the working class of my country !

She put an end to Liverpool...really??? Liverpool is still there as far as I'm aware...

Perhaps stop living in the past...Thatcher has not been in power for a long time, the last Government (Labour was in power from 1997 to 2010 so what have they done for Liverpool?
yeah its still there but i,m guessin hes talking about she destroyed alot of liverpools history and jobs like she did for most places in britain.....alot of jobs and history were destroyed when she was in power and denying that is actually a bit of a slur on the millions of people who tried to fight to save the only thing they had.

Which is nothing compared to the unrecognisable towns and cities we have today after 13 yrs of New Labour and multicultural Britain

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrandStrategy
One of her children is an arms dealer and the other is a racist who was banned from downing street.

I wouldn't worry too much about their sensitivities. Sounds like they both inherited the evil of their mother

Wow, ok you've jogged my memory of those two now (completely forgot about their jobs
)... hmm Ill leave my 'sorry for the family' bit in since even they might be grieving for their mother, and such feelings even in bad people should be I guess 'respected', she was their mother after all (im not THAT hateful towards even the most nastiest of humans).

Thanks for reminding me of that fact.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
There is so much hate being spawned on this thread ... and now there are insidious

posts trying to link her to a paedophile ring

Yes she was photographed with Jimmy Saville and I dare say she was photographed

with a lot of people for photo/publicity reasons (part of the job?) and no doubt he

instigated some of those occasions for his OWN reasons. Those trying to link her

to his evil doings are really scraping the bottom of the barrel

I had met him on social occasions twice (I was too old for his tastes) does that make

me part of his paedophile ring??

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Sorry, but I refuse to hand out respect like candy.
Giving a person who hung out with paedos respect simply because they died is like giving a war mongerer the Nobel Peace Prize.
Oh, wait....

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yay for the Wrabbit..respect is always due where it's due, thank you for reminding people of that.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Afterthought

There is no comparison involved here. There is no relativism here. I tried to have a few words of respect for a World leader I personally respected. Nothing more... Nothing less.

As is becoming far too common here lately, I can't have a few words of respect like that without a reply to trash the object of that respect .....whether the thread or topic called for it or not. Whether it had any relation or not.

That .....is what I just can't fathom or, as it happens, respect.

It's a basic thing ...but it's common decency.

As it happens for an example, I thought Ted Kennedy and his splashing history pretty well made him an example of all that is wrong with the United States Senate and U.S. Politics in general ....and still held my tongue on sharp remarks amidst those giving memorial and tribute statements.

There is a time and place for everything ........or there used to be. Apparently, it's all mixed and even this, a memorial thread, cannot remain without attacks.

Now I'm off the thread and I think ...a break for a couple days is in order. I'm about disgusted with it all after that. Enough.

To compare Ted Kennedy to Thatcher just shows how little you understand her impact.

Sorry but you really are speaking from a position of ignorance.

Thatcher left about 70% of the united kingdom looking like the Britains answer to Detroit. Even to this day an a good number of these places haven't recovered, the ones that have recovered have done so economically but are still in the pits socially.

Unless you've seen first hand the impact of Thatcher on forum members, their communities, friends and relatives, then you have absolutely no place to judge their reaction. We're not talking about a woman who made a few disagreeable statements, we're talking about someone who ruined lives, and enjoyed doing it. You're surprised that people directly impacted, or with connection to such people are glad she's dead? Seriously?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by eletheia

There is so much hate being spawned on this thread ... and now there are insidious

posts trying to link her to a paedophile ring

Yes she was photographed with Jimmy Saville and I dare say she was photographed

with a lot of people for photo/publicity reasons (part of the job?) and no doubt he

instigated some of those occasions for his OWN reasons. Those trying to link her

to his evil doings are really scraping the bottom of the barrel

I had met him on social occasions twice (I was too old for his tastes) does that make

me part of his paedophile ring??

There's some very good evidence that she knew what was going on and was involved on numerous levels.
Now, she can't even be tried in a court of law.
Is there no respect for the potential victims out there?
How do you think her buddy, Jimmy's, victims feel. What? No respect for them? I'm sure they aren't happy that people like Thatcher didn't sound any warnings, so they could have their justice.

link   

Originally posted by sparky31

Originally posted by lambros56
She totally put an end to the great city of Liverpool.
Some people seem to forgive the wrong doings of their ex leaders.

I'll never forgive that woman for what she done to the working class of my country !

She put an end to Liverpool...really??? Liverpool is still there as far as I'm aware...

Perhaps stop living in the past...Thatcher has not been in power for a long time, the last Government (Labour was in power from 1997 to 2010 so what have they done for Liverpool?
yeah its still there but i,m guessin hes talking about she destroyed alot of liverpools history and jobs like she did for most places in britain.....alot of jobs and history were destroyed when she was in power and denying that is actually a bit of a slur on the millions of people who tried to fight to save the only thing they had.

Which is nothing compared to the unrecognisable towns and cities we have today after 13 yrs of New Labour and multicultural Britain
well i,ll tell u the now that 13 years of new labour was and is still the best times i,ve known under any government and i,ll bet millions agree after voting in the idiots again this time and trust me i,m no tory or labour lover.

link   
Thread closed for review.

Instead of a memorial thread to a long-time world leader, we have a lot of bickering and ill-mannered remarks.
You are responsible for your own posts.

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join