It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kim Jong-un's aunt Kim Kyong-Hui and uncle Jang Sung-Taek calling the shots in North Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
This came up in the news today and thought it interesting.

Kim Jong-un's aunt Kim Kyong-Hui and uncle Jang Sung-Taek calling the shots in North Korea.

When he came to power, Kim, dubbed the Supreme Leader, was reported as having a power battle with his aunt and uncle.

Surprise, surprise, Kim Kyong-hui and Jang Sung-Taek are the ones really pulling the strings.

The 66-year-olds were pictured alongside Kim Jong-un at a recent meeting of the Workers' Party, where Kim describe nuclear weapons as "the nation's life treasure".

The aunt and uncle were reportedly asked by the late Kim Jong-il to act as senior advisers and help the hugely inexperience Kim Jong-un with hands-on action.

But according to Jeung Young Tai from Korea's Institute for National Unification, it's clear who's really calling the shots.

"They are in a hurry to establish Kim's image as a powerful military leader to gain respect and control," he said.

"And the ones doing that are Kim Kyong Hui and her husband Jang."

www.perthnow.com.au... 836996

Edit
(sorry guys and gals,I have no idea whats going on with the link)

here`s another news site running the same story... www.theaustralian.com.au... 36996

Kim Jong Un behind his Aunt in 2011

Kim Kyong-hui in 2010

Kim Jong Un (far left) and his auntie, Kim Kyong Hui (far right)

If the Aunt and Uncle are the main driving force for the new push of aggression I`m hoping (wishfully I know) that the young Kim Jong-un wakes up and grows a pair and disowns these family members fast,before his and maybe other countries are flattened.

edit on 8-4-2013 by gps777 because: Trying to fix the link

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
This is not surprising. Knowing how inexperienced Kim Jong-un at his young age. Anyone with eyes can see he is more of a poster child. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want the leadership that was handed to him and his father gave it to him because of how much he looked like his grandfather Kim Il-Sung. Who knows what happens in North Korea as there are all kinds of leaders who hold different influence within the country.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
This is not surprising. Knowing how inexperienced Kim Jong-un at his young age. Anyone with eyes can see he is more of a poster child.

Thats the thing,due to his inexperience he`s allowing those with more experience to destroy his country if this continues.

Words and posturing are one thing,thats what Daddy was mainly about,but showing yourself as a real threat will get many killed and more than likely NK wiped off the map imo.

If he`s got any real power in NK, nows the time to show it,before he allows this to go a step too far.

Though I can`t see this situation getting any better,only worse.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
interesting article on that crazy family.
further down it states that "Kim Jung II" killed his younger brother "Kim Shu Ra " in a swimming pool when he was just 5 years old.

Auntie and Unc look very dangerous!

edit on 8-4-2013 by grumpydaysleeper because: added to

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

His Aunt looks kinda a toughee gps2013

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Who knows really if thats true though?

He shot 11 holes in one, on his first ever game of golf. lol

His son must also take after the father in that regard,according to North Korean state web site Kim Jong-un does not defecate,with all the cake he eats,that must make him full of crap,like his dad.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
His aunt needs to work on her uniform. It looks like a wrinkled bag of potato chips.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
No wonder Auntie and Uncle are calling the shots...
little Kimmy is sittin' on the pot trying!
That is bound to put anyone in a foul mood. No wonder he
wants to Nuke the world.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
In pictures Little Kim often looks like confused child looking for help from others.. i think he is a puppet.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
We will find out just how glorious a leader lil Kimmy is soon enough methinks.....

The fool will get out of hand if they keep pumping him up as a god to the NKs......

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
This is not surprising. Knowing how inexperienced Kim Jong-un at his young age. Anyone with eyes can see he is more of a poster child. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't want the leadership that was handed to him and his father gave it to him because of how much he looked like his grandfather Kim Il-Sung. Who knows what happens in North Korea as there are all kinds of leaders who hold different influence within the country.

I've been saying this since he came into power.

There is no way in the world he has assumed full control. Its more than likely being guided by the military with the input of his family.

North Korea does need a Supreme Leader to keep the people in check, there can be not even a hint of a power struggle anywhere or the whole country will collapse. Lil Kim' is simply an tool being used and doing what he is being told to do.

Maybe someday he could take over but not at this young age with his woeful lack of experience. All of this rhetoric, I would be willing to bet, is to get his feet wet and to give him some experience in dealing with international politics NK style.

CX

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

There is no way in the world he has assumed full control. Its more than likely being guided by the military with the input of his family.

Agreed.

At least we know who is advising him on what to look at in all those pictures.

Kim Jong Un looking at stuff.

CX.

top topics

join