It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No evidence that gay people who adopt make the children gay.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Now this topic is close to my heart because my Uncle and his other half of 20 years have adopted two children one boy (7) and a girl (10) they both came from pretty bad homes and both love their two Dads, both are now happy and doing well in school.

So I have seen some pretty outlandish statements from people on ATS saying "they will be brought up Gay" which I find is nonsense, there is no evidence that gay people make their adopted children gay at all.
There are around 130.000 children waiting to be adopted in the USA and around 5000 in the UK just waiting for loving parents to help them.

So what is wrong with two people who happen to be gay wanting to adopt kids who have had a rough time?
Sexual orientation of the people who want to adopt does not mean anything, It is the parenting skills of the people who adopt which really matters.

williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu...

williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu...

www.livescience.com...

www.apa.org... (very good article proving my point).

So please stop spreading lies and mis truths...It is the children who matter here, the ones that need a loving caring home.
If you disagree with me please come up with facts not just your own opinion please.

edit on 8-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I was raised by two women.... I was abused by few of their friends.... To say my first 5 sexual contacts were of same sex is to say how terrible my life was. My wife has only heard of this 30+ years after marriage. Only cause of the public allowing same sex to raise a child. I could go on to other harms i.e. joining the army during the VN war to learn how to be a man.... There far more to this but it is an unbalanced upbringing.

Only people who grew up with this horror can have a valid opinion other wise its like everything else in life knowledgeable people with an ignorant opinion IMHO...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I have a friend who was married to another women. She has a daughter with her ex-husband, and that girl is the smartest, most loving, and well rounded girl I've ever known of.
Tolerance shouldn't come from the upbringing in a same sex family, it should be taught by all families with all sexual orientations and gender roles.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by IceHappy

Iam sorry for your experiences, but many kids are abused by "normal parents" also, there are good parents and bad parents, we just have to make sure constant checking for social services happen for any child who has been adopted.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I would adopt as many children as possible, if it weren't so expensive
In my local area, its about £15,000 per child, and seeing as I can't make any more babies, adopting would be the best option for me. But alas, they don't give babies away for free...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie

Babies are high demand, they will always be the ones chosen first.
I would love to adopt but I am not financially stable at the moment, one day I will.
I have always thought have one of my own and then adopt one...It is the moral thing to do.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
To say that having "gay parents" will turn a child gay is the same as saying "hanging around with tall people will make you tall".

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

I call all kids babies
My natural son is almost 5, and I call him my baby, and probably always will, just like my mum does and I'm nearly 27

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA
To say that having "gay parents" will turn a child gay is the same as saying "hanging around with tall people will make you tall".

No, it's not at all. Social factors could affect your sexuality, I do understand where people are coming from when they say this, and I think children raised by gay parents would be more likely to be gay because they would probably be very accepting and open to it, to them it might seem like the norm. You can't get taller due to social factors.
edit on 8-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Recently, Perez Hilton, the Hollywood gossip monger, just had his first natural child (via a surrogate mother), so he can bring it up alone as a single father. Perez Hilton is gay, and is very vocal about campaigning for LGBTQ rights. I guess only time will tell whether his son will be gay when he is older.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Really? Can you elaborate? I don't see how that's possible but I'm eager to hear more!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by KatieVA

Really? Can you elaborate? I don't see how that's possible but I'm eager to hear more!

Well I already explained quite clearly. Sexuality is not a physical trait and it could be influenced by different things like social factors. If a child is brought up by a gay couple they're going to be very accepting of gay couples (not a bad thing) and probably much more open to it themselves. Teenagers go through phases, it seems to be trendy to be bi amongst girls these days (or it was a few years ago), I expect a child that is much more open to it is more likely to be swayed that way. This is completely plausible and quite likely, I'm not saying gay couples shouldn't raise children, I just think it's wrong to conclude that there's no connection, there probably is in some cases.

It's silly to compare it to being tall, it's absolutely nothing like that.
edit on 8-4-2013 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lulzaroonie

I call all kids babies
My natural son is almost 5, and I call him my baby, and probably always will, just like my mum does and I'm nearly 27

My Mum still calls me her Miracle Baby and Iam 38

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Again there is no evidence saying the percentage of children brought up by gay parents turn out gay, studies show that the amount of children who are gay are the same as children brought up by hetro parents.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
give it time, it all boils down to morality,

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

Implying what exactly? If someone is immoral they are more likely to be gay?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

Expand further on that please..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I have a friend who was married to another women. She has a daughter with her ex-husband, and that girl is the smartest, most loving, and well rounded girl I've ever known of.
Tolerance shouldn't come from the upbringing in a same sex family, it should be taught by all families with all sexual orientations and gender roles.

Why then, if we talk of tolerance, is it that my opinion is not 'tolerated' by homosexuals? Is the tolerance thing only one sided?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Again there is no evidence saying the percentage of children brought up by gay parents turn out gay, studies show that the amount of children who are gay are the same as children brought up by hetro parents.

I haven't seen any satisfactory studies with a large sample size to confirm this.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012

Why then, if we talk of tolerance, is it that my opinion is not 'tolerated' by homosexuals? Is the tolerance thing only one sided?

What is your opinion? I don't believe I'm familiar with it in the context of this thread

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join