It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep Paralysis experience last night.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wtbengineer
reply to post by wrkn4livn

That's really unnerving to hear footsteps overhead like that isn't it? I used to hear footsteps overhead coming from my old second story bedroom in the house I grew up while sitting downstairs watching TV at night. It was as if there was a party going on up there. The thing was, there was no one in the house except my parents who slept downstairs. I would get in the car and leave until daylight before coming home to go up to that room to go to bed. Scared me senseless.

Never had sleep paralysis in that house though. It wasn't until I moved that I had those experiences.
edit on 4/10/2013 by wtbengineer because: (no reason given)

It was very bizarre for sure. I can remember it like it was yesterday. 30 some years ago.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by wrkn4livn

I remember it like it was yesterday too. This happened to me in '77-79, so, yeah, 30 plus years ago. Wow, I just noticed you were in Waldorf, MD. Is that where you were back then? I grew up in Damascus, MD and that's where all my haunting experiences happened.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Slightly OT but I had an odd experience last night...

I recently aggravated an old back injury and decided to try acupuncture for it. There's a community acupuncture center not far from where I live and it's in an old house that's been converted. I started dozing off during treatment but I remember looking around at the room wondering who's room it was before I nodded off. I'm not sure how long I was asleep but suddenly I could smell a woman's perfume (or body spray). It was light and pleasant but suddenly I had difficulty breathing and I woke up...and the scent was gone. This happened a second time as I dozed off this time without the problem breathing and again when I woke up the scent was gone.

I looked around the room for some sort of air freshener but I couldn't find anything. I'm not sure if this was a paranormal experience or not but it certainly was weird.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RomaSempre

I've had that happen too. Twice now I've been sitting in my room and I smell the distinct smell of cinnamon. I try to follow it but it goes away after a few minutes. Odd.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
The second time I had sleep paralysis I was listening to some electronic music (don't techno for an answer volume1 or 2). One song had some horns or samples that sounded similar. I fell into paralysis while listening to this music and while the horns sounded perfectly normal any other time, they were magnified 10 times while in paralysis. It was deafening even though the volume was low and hadn't changed.

The music translated into imagery and I don't know whether it was a hallucination or a lucid dream (i always fell into paralysis with my eyes staying open), but my surroundings had a deep red tint to it and my room and house began to break apart into pieces. Nothing fell though. Everything was just floating. The music did this and I'm sure if I was listening to a different type of music or different song, the experience would have been very different.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I've also noticed before I fall into an altered state like that, even with my eyes open, my vision displays a wave of muddyness or slight darkness moving in a circle, EXACTLY like a radar screen with the sweep of the radar and the aftertrail. I have no idea what this is physiologically..

I also heard several people talking all at once, softly, during one occasion of almost falling into sleep paralysis. I could feel my body falling into it and had these other phenomena going on as well. Incredibly interesting and I hope it's nothing to be worried about.
edit on 14-4-2013 by spacemanjupiter because: forgot to add some things

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by auroraaus
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

Probably irrelevant to your experience but last week I had sleep paralysis. I was awake, couldn't move but could hear a news anchor giving a sombre announcement, and then a female journalists voice delivering the package, I could hear behind that voice sounds of trucks and shouting. The strange thing is I couldn't catch the words, it was clear but spoken fast?

Sorry if vague. But I found it interesting that someone also recently had an experience!

Rightp. No more sleep paralysis for me!

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I have sleep paralysis every day, every time i nap or go to sleep... but that's b/c i like the feeling, and to be honest, how in the world are most of you having bad experiences? it's a natural process to connect to the conscience and not once have i ever had a bad SP experience.

Maybe you guys watch too many scary movies or something???

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join