It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it now “cool” to attack innocent people?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Hello ats.

Why is this so common?

my source

A witness who does not want to reveal her identity for fear of her safety says Friday night she was driving down Soutel Drive near Lem Turner Road with her fiancé and saw a group of teenagers beating a man.
"We seen a whole bunch of African-American kids you know, beating and stomping on an elderly Caucasian guy and he had bags and everything, he couldn't even defend himself because it was so many kids," said the anonymous witness.

It seems every week or so there is a story about some absolutely senseless act of violence by a group of kids against an innocent person. I’ll bet there are at least a few #ing idiots who are members of this site who think it's funny.

The Jacksonville Sheriff's Office report identified the victim as 56-year-old Peter Richard Lockhart. He was transported to Shands for abrasions on his left wrist and face. The witness says Lockhart told her that he had just gotten off the city bus and was going home with his groceries.

The police says there were two other incidents in the area within the same time frame that match the description of the suspects. The report says an air unit was dispatched to search the area but did not find the suspects.

It's ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by billy565
I’ll bet there are at least a few #ing idiots who are members of this site who think it's funny.

This comment seems a little out of place...

But in all I do agree, the senseless violence needs to stop.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Armchair psychologist checking in. Could it be because certain people feel weak and helpless and can think of no other way to display strength, even if it's destructive strength?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Armchair psychologist checking in. Could it be because certain people feel weak and helpless and can think of no other way to display strength, even if it's destructive strength?

The weak and helpless ones are the victims.. Kinda got that reversed I think. The predatory little punks are the ones running in wolf packs and descending on the singles they can pick off, outside the presence of others.

Like most cowards or roaches, they scattered when noticed.

My feelings here are as hard as granite. The racial aspect just makes it worse since it feeds INTO the problems these kids couldn't be bothered to care about, as other whites read the growing number of stories like this. That's the double tragedy of these stories.

It says he was crawling into the street to be noticed...which makes me wonder if he'd have even survived this had someone not stopped? Incidents like this, in opinion, are precisely why states like mine have their CCW/Deadly force laws read 'Great Bodily Injury' and that covers the act being done to ANOTHER if it's happening at the moment. So.. Lets see. my 1911 loads 8 and I carry 2 spares when I am carrying. Yup... Should be enough if I encountered a similar situation.

The pure, cold viciousness of this crap leaves few other options and NOTHING else for deterrence, IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Yeah, of course it is. I would like to point out that the younger liberal generation likes to think that it is okay to attack:

1) Unborn Children
2) Disabled people and fat people who might be a drain on the healthcare system
3) Less intelligent people than them
4) People not privileged enough to be exposed to their political philosophy.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

These kids are vermin. I don't want to hear any liberal do - gooding tripe about being social deprivation,
by way of an excuse .It makes my blood boil.

Individually, these kids wouldn't say boo to a goose. They're only tough as a gang, little barstewards.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

What you said + they feel like they need to prove themselves to their peers.

The mentality of thuggery to prove your worth has been on going for several generations now.

And I don't want to get off on some tangent so I'll just say the problem isn't just one thing. It is a multitude of things ranging from racism in the work place to racism in pop-culture.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
So here's my question......should parents be held accountable for their children being thugs, criminals, and bully's? Should the parents of all those kids who,beat up that man also be held accountable. Should hey be fined for poor parenting and required to take a class or something?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

We're all accountable. Every time we ostracize each other, we create differences that echo back unto us.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
You should take Syria as an example, or more perfect Israel. Killing of innocent has been forbidden by the Lord of Mankind but allowed by man? How cruel isn't man?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I think parents absolutely should be held accountable for broken windows, malicious mischief and things of that nature. Someone has to pony up cash and it shouldn't be insurance or others when Jr. has parents that failed somewhere along the line.

By the time they are beating old men into the street? I think we're a bit past blaming Mom and Dad ....and they're probably only slightly less 'at-risk' than the old man in this story. Plenty of kids just outright killing their parents these days too.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

So you're saying tat I need to be fined or some body else's rotten kid? ...if we are all accountable ..then you should be fined too. ....If we are all accountable that is.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I agree, but when kids are beating other people in the streets...should the parents be required to take a class? Something on how to parent this issue with their kid . ...or just be a good parent. I tend to think there are bad eggs in the world, just plain evil spawns,but...I also think some people just shouldn't have kids because they dont know how to parent...And then the kid turns out like a street gang kid, but...maybe some education would help when their kid gets in trouble like that.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Well, I suppose if they have other children, a class would be important. So would Social Services for at least one home visit, I would think.

As for the one beating people half to death? I'd like to think parents won't be one of his problems again. Detention until age 18 is still done, isn't it? I honestly don't know now that I think about it. It was the norm for MAJOR offenses in California when I was growing up though. A couple I knew lost childhoods over things. (They probably had that coming too..in hindsight.. Evil little toads.. lol)

If you mean parenting classes in general? In theory, yes. Whose idea of parenting gets taught? A little time out card for anything up to open violence as some would support? Or..the old wood paddle, complete with holes for faster travel time and those real attention getters? (there was one on the wall of a school I attended... Nasty looking things).

Maybe if marketing violence, sex and general adult level responsibility while they have kid like levels of understanding to consequence slowed or stopped, it would be a start? I'm not sure what the answer is...but like you, I sure know the problem is there.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

From .wrabbit 2000..
"I think parents absolutely should be held accountable for broken windows, malicious mischief and things of that nature. Someone has to pony up cash and it shouldn't be insurance or others when Jr. has parents that failed somewhere along the line. "

You are right, in principle, Wrabbit 2000. Though the feckless parents of these kids probably haven't a clue what their offspring are getting up to....and likely as not don't care anyway, and probably haven't got any money.

....And If you challenge them about their kids behaviour, you'd likely be greeted with abuse.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by billy565

I think they are doing re-enactments from the 1960's . You know, where a mob of young folks would chase down someone who didn't look like them and make them kiss their boot ? Remember that ? Of course you don't want to remember that.

Stop acting like your generation was the pillar of society and this generation is full of demons. Everything this generation learned, it got it from yours. All the hate, all the rage all the disrespect....it all came from previous generations. These people are nothing more than YOU on steroids.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
This is how our culture teaches kids to be creative.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Did I write it too simply for you to understand?

Maybe you think it's just a random act that caused their parents' inability to parent, but I don't it's that simple. If it were, the thuggish behavior would not be so prevalent.

Maybe I'm projecting, but I think society, as a whole, casts others into groups as it judges them. In doing so, it furthers the problem by forcing people to see each other as them or they, instead of we. Once someone sees another "group" as problematic, it makes enemies out of them by ostracizing any who appears to fall into said "group". Thus, it further enables the problem.

Think of it like this: If the parents are the problem, then how did they become problematic? The parents lack the ability to parent because they too were ostracized as we all place each other into tidy little groups whom we can cast blame on.

More, I don't know what made you want to bring money into the conversation. Do you put so much importance on it, that you think fining someone is the only recursive action to solving a problem? Must one be disciplined to understand error?

To answer your question, yes, you should be fined of all your money; but not because of the current problem, but because you put too much value on it.
edit on 4/8/2013 by Bleeeeep because: too many in doing so's needed to mix it up

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
The way how society is today, how stupid and ignorant teens are thanks to the media and whack ass MTV. These kids are so dumb they're just being little lambs following other people (which has always been that way, but worse now). They think it's cool to call people stupid hoes like the ultimate sellout bitch Nicki Minaj and be promiscuous and have preggo pacts (Thanks Teen Mom/16 and Pregnant). Parents can only do so much, I'm glad I don't have kids.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Straight up-these are the ones that i call cockroaches,and it does'nt matter to me what race,what age,what religion,what gender-you gang up with your cowardly accomplices to attack the innocent,the vulnerable+defenceless-you need to be ground to a pulp underfoot.These miserable pieces of crap are like a plague-they need to be shown in no uncertain terms that such disgusting actions will not be tolerated-and all they understand,apparently,is superior force-so i say,you come upon a scene like that-eradicate the virus where you find it.I have absolutely zero tolerance for mindlessly violent people,running in packs to terrorise,beat,rape,rob and even kill the elderly,women,minority groups,as a matter of fact,Any person they come across who don't pose a threat,or look capable of defending themself.I don't feel one atom of a thing for the scum.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join