North Korea:'Signs' Nuclear Test Being Prepared.

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

North Korea:'Signs' Nuclear Test Being Prepared.

news.sky.com

North Korea is showing "signs" it is preparing to carry out a fourth nuclear test, a South Korean minister has said.

Amid media reports of increased activity at the North's main atomic test site, Ryoo Kihl-Jae told parliament: "There are such signs."

The minister declined to comment further.

The JoongAng Ilbo newspaper said intelligence reports had noted a sharp increase in activity at the Punggye-ri nuclear test site since last week....

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
edition.cnn.com
www.bbc.co.uk
www.nytimes.com
www.cbsnews.com

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Continued:

"We are closely monitoring the ongoing situation, which is very similar to the situation seen ahead of the third nuclear test," the newspaper quoted a senior government official as saying.

"We are trying to figure out whether it is a genuine preparation for a nuclear test or just a ploy to heap more pressure on us and the US," the unnamed official added.

Intelligence reports also suggest Pyongyang has readied two mid-range missiles on mobile launchers on its east coast.

More follows...

Well, hopefully this is just more posturing by the North Koreans.

However, an opinion of a friend is that NK could launch an attack under the guise of a "nuclear test" - but I can't think that North Korea would be this stupid. The retaliation would be severe - however, with South Korea being so close, I can't believe that the US would launch a nuke at NK; but a ground invasion, probably by a US-led coalition would be certain.

Things are really getting tense, especially in the lead up to April 10th and April 15th (Kim Il-Sung's birth date).

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Many people seem to just ingest the fear, instead of attempting to educate themselves on the capabilities of North Korea, and how modern warfare in general is carried out. Everything I am about to say will hopefully educate those who are afraid, as well as those who would allow the US government and media to instil a fear in them that would cloud their judgement, as happened in the past.

I'm sure this report is accurate in that NK is attempting to test another nuclear missile. The thing is however that this should be an indication they do not yet have the capability to let loose a nuclear ballistic missile with their current level of advancement. As far as we know, they possess maybe a handful of nuclear devices, all of which are less powerful than what was dropped at the end of WWII. And not only that, but NK is not capable of sending those nuclear warheads all the way to America. They could send them to SK, barring a catastrophic failure in flight, but this is a guarantee at this point. Not necessarily because their technology would fail, but because these missiles would be brought down not long after leaving their silos..

So people should not be worried about NK annihilating anyone at this point, especially the US. The last time I checked the capabilities of all of the missiles of NK, none of them that were ballistic had an adequate enough range to reach the US mainland. So that should put to rest the fears of those who are worrying about that. And I say this mainly to educate people, so that they do not let the US government once again manipulate them through fear.

And history tells us that the threats issued by NK are probably hollow. We should not assume they are, but logically speaking, the leader of NK knows he has little to gain by starting a war, and would probably lose everything, possibly including his life. Personally I think that there are many North Koreans who would jump at the chance to get away from their oppressive regime, but only if they had the long term support from the US. This may not be the case, but it is something to think about. And this may be kind of funny, but did anyone really listen to what Dennis Rodman was trying to say when he was explaining about his talks with Jong Un?

Most of it was just crap I think, but I did get the sense that what Jong Un really wants is recognition. Rodman commented that Jong Un said he wanted Obama to call him, and that he really did not want to fight. I think this is accurate and truthful. I think he just wants the world to pay attention to NK, and this recent display is nothing more than a tantrum by a 28 year old kid. IF some of the other countries like the US would reach out to NK, I am almost certain that we could establish good relations, and that things would change in NK. I am almost positive, although others may disagree.
edit on 4/7/13 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Well I can't tell the future, nor do I know this mans intentions.
However should I be asked to predict what Lil Kim will do. I
would say based off everything I've seen so far he's going to
set off another nuke.

The threat is they'll fire one off at us or our allies they won't they know it.
They are doing this to get something, sanctions lifted, money I don't know,
and we're not backing down.

So do a nuclear test boast, and show your people how powerful you are.
This isn't doing anyone any favors. He may even inadvertently start he's
fake war. Lets watch, and hope for the best.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Big Deal.So they're testing another one. A test means ....... a test, and with NK thinking maybe that will be enough for the world to cave in to their wants and needs.

It's just posturing and if they have nuclear capabilities they are within their rights to test it.

It's not a panic situation.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

As far as we know, they possess maybe a handful of nuclear devices, all of which are less powerful than what was dropped at the end of WWII. And not only that, but NK is not capable of sending those nuclear warheads all the way to America. They could send them to SK, barring a catastrophic failure in flight, but this is a guarantee at this point. Not necessarily because their technology would fail, but because these missiles would be brought down not long after leaving their silos..

Would you happen to have any documentation to that, of any kind? I'm not simply challenging what I think is completely baseless guessing here....but if you DO...I'm very interested in seeing it and adding it to what I already have filling a couple directories now. Not MSM.... they babble, prattle and generally report each other more than they get much right. Source material or reporting sources at the Nation-State or intelligence level?

BTW.... David Cameron's statements of "knowing" North Korea can hit Britain aside (and that was a SHOCKING thing to hear a top world leader say, too) ....I don't consider Alaska to be a second fiddle here. Anything dropping onto the equipment of the Pipeline, Prudhoe Bay or the North Slope oil fields would be catastrophic for us, first...then the world as ripples went outward.

* Oh.. By the way,the North Korean Satellite passed over the Central U.S. again this evening...North to South Polar orbit. Experts seem to agree that was a 100% worthless orbit, even if it had "worked" for anything they were claiming it's purpose was. Odd thing there....for a rogue satellite? It runs nice, clean and tight patterns ..a little further east each night, right across the height of the United States.
Time will tell.
edit on 7-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
imagine if the 'signs' for a nuclear test were occurring close to the 'missiles' being readied..

.. I need a witty Seinfeld quote here but i cant think of one on an empty stomach.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
imagine if the 'signs' for a nuclear test were occurring close to the 'missiles' being readied..

.. I need a witty Seinfeld quote here but i cant think of one on an empty stomach.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   
posted here also
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Most of it was just crap I think, but I did get the sense that what Jong Un really wants is recognition. Rodman commented that Jong Un said he wanted Obama to call him, and that he really did not want to fight. I think this is accurate and truthful. I think he just wants the world to pay attention to NK, and this recent display is nothing more than a tantrum by a 28 year old kid. IF some of the other countries like the US would reach out to NK, I am almost certain that we could establish good relations, and that things would change in NK. I am almost positive, although others may disagree.

What you say may be true but having a tantrum with nuclear armaments is not the way to get positive attention. The "reach out and touch someone" goes both ways. If Kim Jong Un wants to talk to America about ways in which we could possibly be an asset to each other or if he just wants to know if we could possibly help his country in some way then there are better ways to do so without rattling his saber.

Also, with his countries history there would have to be some guidelines set to make sure that if we were to help his country then the help would truly go to those that need it and not to those that always get it.

I have always found that when a bully bothers you on the school yard it is easier to just give him a bloody nose and he will leave everyone alone after that.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

After the little one, crying wolf so many times. I can't help but think, he's none other than a sheep in wolf's clothing.

Sanctions have been in place long enough, to start to have a real impact on N. Korea, especially since it's stopped the main sources of grain coming for their people.

Sure, they are used to the really poor, and imprisoned people starving all the time. But, now the circle of starvation is spreading out from the places, where people have learned to just accept it as part of their way of life.

Methinks there are more rumbles than the sounds of tummy rumbles in N. Korea. The little one, must put on a mighty show, to divert the peoples attention away from the fact...their bowls are empty.

JMOHO....

Des

edit on 8-4-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Destiny, I'll bet he just needs some attention.

Perhaps if you send him some of those fine treats you bake up for the new guys in introductions, he'll turn that frown upside down to find a smile and go back to playing well with others.

Think it has a chance? I do think those goodies of yours are just the best looking cookies and cakes on the net. He'd have to smile, just a little.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I have been predicting a possible test on the 15th of april,as its the annniversary of lil kims grandfather,origional kim.
They call it "day of the sun"and its a major special day for them.
If they are going to do anything silly,I think it will be on that day,which is next monday.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I just don't understand why people don't take them seriously.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
I'm sure this report is accurate in that NK is attempting to test another nuclear missile. The thing is however that this should be an indication they do not yet have the capability to let loose a nuclear ballistic missile with their current level of advancement.

Dr. WOOD. Mr. Chairman, the question or the set of questions that you posed are certainly the most pertinent ones. They also elicit answers which not only are a bit extended, but really is—some portions of them would have to be made in closed session.

But to speak to the issue as much as feasible in open session, the North Koreans certainly have the ability to deliver a small nuclear explosive to the U.S. at the present time. The ballistic missile capability which they have demonstrated could deliver a warhead weighing substantially more than a tenth of a ton and substantially less than one ton anyplace that they chose to in the United States, including any height of burst that they choose over the continental United States.
My colleague Dr. Graham has said that the EMP yield of a warhead is very weakly dependent on its energy yield. That is true, but it is true in spades. Special purpose nuclear warheads, on a kiloton scale, can have much more of EMP effect than ordinary nuclear warheads on the megaton scale. Less than ten kilotons properly employed in the type of warheads which have actually been examined, both in the Soviet Union and in the United States experimentally, warheads of less than 10-kiloton yields can put out very large EMP signals. So it is necessary to understand that it doesn't take a megaton to do an awful lot of damage. You can do an awful lot of damage in ten kilotons or less.

commdocs.house.gov...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

They never stated what those 'signs' are. There is no question that NK is preparing to attack, but I prefer the cold, hard facts rather than some journalist's biased point of view.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Omg... The US should just airdrop NK some burgers and this would be over. :I

top topics

join