It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Odd recurring dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have had basically the same dream 4-5 times in the last 10 years. I don't claim it to be some sort of prophetic vision or anything like that, I'm more curious if anyone else has a dream similar to it, and/or if anyone knows if it's a "common" type of dream. When I say "common" I mean how lots of people dream their falling or are in a classroom, boardroom, etc; and find they have no clothes on. So I wonder if this dream is one of those?

Anyways, the dream is that I'm looking up at the night sky and I can see craft engaged in combat. Sometimes its "alien" craft fighting other aliens and we Earthlings are caught in the middle. There's fiery debris from the overhead fighting falling, shots fired that missed and are hitting the ground, etc;

Other times its military aircraft fighting alien craft overhead, with the same sort of fires, debris, explosions, etc;

One dream I had was seeing the moon and thinking it looked oddly different, then realizing it was closer to Earth and was being used as a staging area to attack Earth.

I always wake up very agitated by these dreams, and I wonder what it means, and if anyone else has ever had a similar dream?

Thanks for reading.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
I have had basically the same dream 4-5 times in the last 10 years. I don't claim it to be some sort of prophetic vision or anything like that, I'm more curious if anyone else has a dream similar to it, and/or if anyone knows if it's a "common" type of dream. When I say "common" I mean how lots of people dream their falling or are in a classroom, boardroom, etc; and find they have no clothes on. So I wonder if this dream is one of those?

Anyways, the dream is that I'm looking up at the night sky and I can see craft engaged in combat. Sometimes its "alien" craft fighting other aliens and we Earthlings are caught in the middle. There's fiery debris from the overhead fighting falling, shots fired that missed and are hitting the ground, etc;

Other times its military aircraft fighting alien craft overhead, with the same sort of fires, debris, explosions, etc;

One dream I had was seeing the moon and thinking it looked oddly different, then realizing it was closer to Earth and was being used as a staging area to attack Earth.

I always wake up very agitated by these dreams, and I wonder what it means, and if anyone else has ever had a similar dream?

Thanks for reading.

I think that this type of dream IS common.

For example:

When I was between the ages around 7 -15 I remember having dreams of being outside my grandparents house on the lake, looking up at the night sky and watching an EPIC battle between spaceships happening either high in our atmosphere or just outside of it. Their altitude is a little foggy, but I remember the design of the ships. I had that specific dream with minor alterations at least 5 times.

Then, between the ages of 18 - 23 I had the following dream multiple times.(keep it short and direct)

driving down road with someone, tornadoes all around, space ships enter and start fighting above me. We pull over, I run inside an abandoned house and a spaceman(futuristic astronaut suit wearing fellow) bursts through the door and we begin to fight. It always ended with me throwing him/her into the wall, he/she gets stuck in it and I run around a center island in the kitchen and sit behind it.

Then, more recently...(last one about 6 months ago), I had a dream about being in a field with friends at night, running around being free lol. We look up and see a shooting star, which turns out to not be a shooting star but a weapon being fired at another ship. Once it hits the ship, all hell breaks loose and there's a battle in the sky. Thousands of ships battling! Next, thing I knew, I was on a spaceship sitting at a long table with what looked like generals sitting at it. With one blackman wearing a business suit that also had military insignia on it. That's when a guy leans over and says "he's the black darth vader". I know how that sounds lol, but it was awesome. Once the man said that to me, I'm back on Earth. Now, Earth is falling apart and chunks of land are floating on lava and I'm running, and jumping from one chunk to the other just trying to survive. That's when I wake up.

I've heard people with similar dreams, so I don't think we're alone.

I'm not sure what your dream may represent for you, just thought I'd share my dreams and just say that it's common.

best of luck

edit on 7-4-2013 by retirednature because: clarifications

edit on 7-4-2013 by retirednature because: alone is not spelled "a lone" duh!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i had an odd,odd dream last night,well early hours of this morning.I was laying in a bed,and there were other people in beds too,in this junkyard/industrial yard.A shiny glowy little thing came down from the sky,at first i thought it was a bird,because of the way it flew-except for the glowing light it was.When it came closer,i could see it was a small round metallic object,and i think it was trying to enter my head via my ears,but i panicked,we all on the beds were afraid of it.We all were getting up hurriedly and looking for a place to hide.

We gathered in this abandoned house with lots of rooms,my son was there as well,also an American guy i know.All i remember is,we managed to evade the danger(because there was Some kind of danger from it) till the dream ended.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thanks folks, it's nice to know others have this really weird dream too! I really hope that these never come true, that would be a very, very terrifying future for us.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I have had almost exactly the same dream except i was running for shelter with my husband and daughter into a bank. i woke up sweating and was terrified. I wonder what it means?

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Oh my gosh, I just typed up a long response and the site ate it!

Anyway, I have these types of dreams a lot. With the earth ships and alien ships fighting. Sometimes the earth ships or aircraft look nothing like what we actually have now. Sometimes we on the ground are caught in it. I've been burned by a laser weapon in my dream once. Bombs and debris hitting the ground. I had ships shoot into our house and kill me and my family, simply because we saw them!
I do not get so afraid anymore, usually, because I've had so many of these dreams. Recently, I was a bit irritated when they showed up again. I said to the person with me in my dream, sighing, "the stars are moving again," and I pointed to them. I call them stars, but they are ships that look like stars from a distance. They move around randomly and sometimes in formation. Sometimes they are different colors. I've seen them make shapes of iconic earth locations, like the Eiffel Tower, Big Ben, Empire State building, the Pyramids in Egypt, etc.

I find it interesting that the posters above me have similar features in their dreams they shared, The one with the beds outside in an industrial area and the one with the tornadoes. I've had these dream elements also, in relation with the starship invasion/war thing. Weird.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Oh OP this brings me back, With out being a truther or a scifi fanatic as a kid, I used to always have dreams of alien aircrafts in the sky. Except in my dream they never fought other aircrafts. They just hovered about in the sky. They were extremely vivid as if I was seeing them in real life through the eyes of another. Imagine black objects in the sky of different shapes and sizes, and illuminate them with lines of light flashing different neon colors and patterns. They would also transform slowly in the sky making a new shape of the aircraft. It wasnt until around the end of the reoccurring dreams that they started to attack the humans on the ground. so the rest of my part int he dream was running away from the attack zones and into safety.

posted on Apr, 22 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I have had basically the same dream 4-5 times in the last 10 years. I don't claim it to be some sort of prophetic vision or anything like that, I'm more curious if anyone else has a dream similar to it

Although I never had a dream like that but it is quite possible to see such dreams or we can say any kind of dreams. Having one dream repeatedly many times for a long period of time is also possible, it is called as recurring dreams.

posted on Apr, 27 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
I said to the person with me in my dream, sighing, "the stars are moving again," and I pointed to them. I call them stars, but they are ships that look like stars from a distance. They move around randomly and sometimes in formation.

OMG...I've had that EXACT same scene and said those EXACT same words in one of MY dreams! That is really, really weird.

I forgot all about my thread here 'til I looked at "MyATS" tonight and saw a few more folks had posted, sorry I neglected this for so long!

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I have had an eerily similar dream...
In the dream I am standing in my driveway with my parents, who live in the upstairs suite from me, and my fiance'. We are just standing in aww of the size of the moon and there is some kind of epic battle happening in the skies.

posted on Apr, 28 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I'm glad you shared this. It IS weird. I hope others see this and share if they have seen it also. But I really wonder why we have these dreams.

posted on Nov, 8 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Thanks for posting the link. I'll re-post my dream from ATS linky:

My premonition is of an Alien invasion - My home or work area was hilly and it seemed the house/building was built into a hillside. The walls of the entry way were of brick and concrete. Green grass grew where the paths didn't go.

Upon looking upwards - I noticed a huge arse UFO type vessel ( dark circle in appearance with 3 huge glowing orbs underneath ). I yelled towards the people inside - they came out, all looking upwards in amazement. When I initially looked up - I felt fear and almost dropped to the ground.

I awoke and still think about that funky dream to this day. Normally dreams are like a foggy memory - this wasn't no foggy memory. The images were more vivid than normal. The dream seemed real and unlike the usual dream fog one gets. The facts of it were solid facts...just not facts made in this awake world.

Added - the specifics from the dream are this: The entry way was made of cement blocks - usual big square design - maybe 3ft by 3ft. The wall to my right - as I left the entry way - was tall and tapered towards the ground level. The wall to my left - a fifth the size. Seemed to have a black table or small grill next to it. Not sure what was going on inside, but I do remember 5 total people. 3 of whom were engaged in convo's to towards their right and the other 2, well one really, to their left. The last one was in a kitchen area doing something.

After I yelled at them to come out, only 3 came. The 2 and the one from the discussion. The 3rd person on the left and the one in the kitchen stayed inside wondering what was going on.

This is one of the most lucid dreams that I've ever had.

It is good to know that others have this similar type of dream. My dream, however, didn't have any space battles - it seemed to be a start of something.

The age - I felt my age - was before I reached 70 for sure. One doesn't feel an age when they dream do they? My clothes felt comfortable. Did sense a unique level of tech - there was no TV or Music playing.

The dwelling, when looked in from the entry way, had a small dining area with a kitchen area to the right. Towards the left was a living room area. The walls were painted with basic white and offwhites...so it might of been a rented dwelling (I never pain my rented house walls).

My crazy 2 cents. Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
to the OP : do you watch much alien/ SciFi series or films?

posted on Dec, 4 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

I've also had recurring dreams (nightmares) of UFOs flying overhead.... ...but not engaged in battle.

Since I live in the Philippines, the dreams put me also in the same location. Since we don't have any real air defense systems, it's only logical that no battles take place in my dreams.

I usually see hundreds, if not, thousands of dots of lights in the night sky flying in a tight and grid-like formation at very high altitudes. I sense a feeling of fear and helplessness in those dreams.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Sorry for diggin out this thread. But i found this specifically searching for people with similiar experience/dreams.

I also have recurring dreams (once every 2 years or so) about some kind of battle in the night sky. Sometimes this goes together with a kind of lucid dream, sometimes not. But it always follows a pattern that others here have described. I either look up in the sky or somebody points me towards it. Then i immediately get this very uneasy feeling of fear or even panic, i look up in the sky and it first seems as if the stars move in weird patterns, then it seems like they are not stars but hundreds of ships engaging i some kind of battle or invasion, with some larger ships in between. Seeing this triggers a very odd feeling, something between fear and familiarness..

Anyways, i find it very weird that others people seem to have very similar dreams. Btw, i do not think this dreams are caused by movies or tv, as they look and feel so very different from anything i have seen in real life.

posted on Oct, 24 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I have recurring dreams, many times, same kind of dreams. There is a war in our sky, we people can only watch, there are 2 alien races at extreme war: the always wining race is malevolent against humanity, but nevertheless they watch over us: the other alien race is benevolent toward us but don't have enough power to overcome the war. the friendly aliens appear from nowhere in our sky to help us with something but immediately the powerful bad aliens come and good aliens run in hyperspace or are destroyed. the bad aliens ships are somehow square and very powerful, the good aliens ships are somehow beautiful design but lacking techno-military power. It seems that bad aliens are afraid of us humans, because we have a power beyond them: we, humans, can feel their emotions, their thoughts , their future actions. we have a sixth sense that can overcome their technological power. Oh, and something terrible: the governments are against us humans: sometimes bad aliens ship fall from the sky in destruction, we witness human soldiers dying in wreckage and we don't understand why humans soldiers work hand in hand with bad aliens to destroy poor human beings down on our Earth.

posted on Nov, 10 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
This is really weird because I have had such a similar dream every 5 years my whole life. There are ships way up fighting one another, but they are not perfectly clear to see, as they are so far up. And there are small lights dropping that act like nuclear bombs and the dream is so intense that I felt the fear and heat of all going on around me. And in some of the dreams there is some sort of large structure with visible pink energy coming from it. And throughout it all, it feels as if humans have no role other than just being there while the aliens do their stuff.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NotAConsumer
...hey just hovered about in the sky. They were extremely vivid as if I was seeing them in real life through the eyes of another. Imagine black objects in the sky of different shapes and sizes, and illuminate them with lines of light flashing different neon colors and patterns. They would also transform slowly in the sky making a new shape of the aircraft. ....

I've had a few different versions of this dream going back to when I was a little kid in the 1970s. Sometimes there were planets or moons in the sky, far bigger than they should be, and visibly moving. But the one I remember best was as an adult, about a dozen years ago. I had this dream most every night for a while, and it was hyper-realistic, the kind of dream that even after you wake up feels real.

I would be walking in the hills behind my house, which I did daily for dog walks, and then a few points of light in the sky would begin to zip around, and I'd find a somewhat "hidden" place in the brush to lie down on my back and watch. Sometimes, someone would be with me--friend or my girlfriend or someone else close--other times, just me. Black shapes, discs and deltas, with *incredible* neon patterns of light flashing, the patterns something like on a circuit card, but moving.

The craft would do aerobatic moves, almost like ritual combat, swooping by each other, hovering alone, really big ones hovering close to the hilltops, then soaring off. It was incredible to watch and seemed to go on for a long time, an hour or more.

And then, in many of the dreams I remember, it ended with some kind of attack, and I'd be running those same trails now, seeing my neighbors running into the hills too, buildings aflame.

posted on Nov, 25 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobM88

Thanks for reading.

I've had a dream of the moon being unusually large in the sky. Some say there's an alien base on back side. A working theory of how the antichrist would change time and season would be by moving the moon as in an anti gravity system within it.

He being alien himself.

new topics

top topics

join