It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sturgis/Michigan : Strangest UFO Case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Im reading this case file and still flabbergasted and confused by the event as told, im posting it here so people who read it can post their opinion on the case. Please discuss the matter in mature manner and no insult/condescending replies please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Source : thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com...

Image : 2.bp.blogspot.com...

Summary : A Professor and his student investigate 2 female witnesses regarding strange aurora-like electrical storm on the road to sturgis

Some facts :
- Nocturnal Light (NL) / Lonely Road (LR) at 2:30 am - Hynek Classification ,
- Rain and brown goo smear the windshield, smells like rotten egg
- Car engine stopped
- Car Heating up in the inside
- Numerous small lightning-like (2-3 ft) electrical phenomena around general area
- pink-orange-red fluorescent glow which arced over half the sky, with sharp border from the other half of the sky which was dead black.
- Witness uses phone (landline which still works) from nearby trailerhome to call a friend
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Report :

We met the witnesses just a couple of days after the event. The witnesses were two young women in their mid-twenties, I'll call the dark-haired as "Brandy", and the blonde-haired as "Bonnie". Bonnie was the one who was trying to synthesize everything imaginable into the event while Brandy was amazingly grounded about the whole thing, viewing it as something really interesting that happened the other night.

My student and I met the girls at the scene. He stayed with Bonnie at the place where they parked during much of the event, while I walked with Brandy a ways up the highway to where the main weirdness began, and they both independently described the action blow-by-blow. The recollections matched exactly.

My student and I had agreed to ask step-by-step sequential and patient retelling of the events, and the two girls told exactly the same story in all details. The story is this:

they had spent a day-plus with friends on their farm. There had been a lot of electrical interference with radios and televisions all day. They also had heard that there might be an auroral display the previous evening but because of overcast couldn't see anything. The next evening was fairly clear but showers were around.

At 2:30am, they began to drive back to Sturgis as Brandy had to work the next morning. There was no rain but there was fog. Still the girls knew this road completely. A half hour into the drive the windshield was showing rain. For a brief while it rained only only on Brandy's side, and when she mentioned that it moved over to Bonnie's [who was driving].

Bonnie tried the wipers but the "rain" just smeared all over. She tried some fluid and it helped a little, but the smearing got worse in time. She stopped the car and Brandy got out to hand wipe the "stuff" away. It was brown "goo" and smelled like rotten eggs. [this is what some anomalies researchers call a "Fortean Fall"--a rain containing things it shouldn't].

Brandy got back in the car and they started off again but the rain suddenly stopped, the goo dried solid, [it was thin and piecemeal enough that the driver could still see forward], and then the engine died. Bonnie also could not get the brakes to function, and the car rolled on down a slight slope in the road.

Both girls had the thought that the car was moving but it shouldn't be [despite the slight slope--I walked this with Brandy, and it isn't much ]. The girls began to get a bit panicky. Ahead was an outdoor market, of course closed and abandoned at the moment, and Bonnie steered the automobile towards its parking lot. Once there, the car rather violently slammed to a stop.

Brandy sensed the interior heating up and screamed at Bonnie that they had to exit the car. They began walking back to the road, and found themselves surrounded by "millions of small, 2 to 3 feet in length, rays of lightning flashing everywhere, around our feet, our legs, over our heads, everywhere in the air. The air was filled with them".

These whatever-they-were bolted forward in brief bursts showing a spectrum of light, the red end leading, and rapidly disappeared after short flights. Looking back towards their car, they saw that the sky was starkly clear of any cloud or fog. In its place was a pink-orange-red fluorescent glow which arced over half the sky, and having a sharply divided border from the other half of the sky which was dead black.

This awesome display drove the witnesses nearly hysterical, and they ran back towards their car. To their sides, roadside weeds stood rigidly upwards and their crowns emitted flashes and glows of lightning. Back at the car, the windows were steamed and the interior so hot that they couldn't stay there and ride out whatever was happening. So they ran.

Back to the road. Down in one direction on the roadway, about 100 yards away, there were a bunch of "deep red lines" dancing. "It looked like a bunch of little kids no taller than two feet, outlined in what I imagine to be infrared, dancing around in the road". They didn't go there. Instead they pounded on the door of the nearest house--all dark-- that they could reach.

The rainbow lightnings still flashed about. The apprehensive trailerhome owner refused to look outside but did allow them to use a phone [which did work] and they called a friend. By the end of the call the lightshow was failing. They walked back to the car, which still would not start. Five minutes later clouds moved in and the "thing" was gone. By the time their friend arrived...nothing
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Source : thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com...

List of UFO Cases with Vehicle Interference effects : www.ufoevidence.org...

List of UFO Cases with EM Effects : www.ufoevidence.org...

List of UFO Cases with Odor effects : www.ufoevidence.org...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
edit on 8-4-2013 by milomilo because: spelling correction

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
That is truly an interesting expierence the two women had.

I dont know what to make of it as it does not sound like any other UFO type of
expierences I've ever read about or heard tell of.
Very strange indeed.

I will be looking around now to see if I can find any other recorded situations that are at all simular
to what happened to them.

Nice find Thank You

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
That is truly an interesting expierence the two women had.

I dont know what to make of it as it does not sound like any other UFO type of
expierences I've ever read about or heard tell of.
Very strange indeed.

I will be looking around now to see if I can find any other recorded situations that are at all simular
to what happened to them.

Nice find Thank You

Thanks , please post your finding here if you locate similar cases. I agree with you this ddidnt fit the pattern of most UFO encounters.. in fact i am heavily leaning toward some kind of local electrical storm type of event. But im curious how sever can an electrical storm goes, can it be like this with static electricity shooting off everywhere ?

The car heating up seems like a clue, but the telephone line still working (landline) also a clue..

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Additional Research Source :

www.nicap.org...

UFO INTERFERENCE WITH VEHICLES AND SELF-STARTING ENGINES
James M. McCampbell

ABSTRACT

Disruption of automobile engines by UFOs is a familiar phenomenon. Less well known are instances where an engine that had been killed comes back to life again when the UFO departs, that is, the engine restarts itself without assistance from the driver. Twenty- seven such cases are summarized. A key observation by a mechanic whose engine had been stopped by a UFO suggests a mechanism by which self-starting might be understood.

Should a non-firing engine come to rest with one cylinder past top-dead-center, it would entrap a suitable mixture of fuel and air to be ignited by the next arriving spark thereby cranking the engine. Such an event might result from collapse of a gaseous discharge across open breaker points in the distributor. If the discharge had been sustained by ionization of the atmospheric gases caused by the UFO, it would collapse shortly after departure of the UFO.

List of UFO Cases with Vehicle Interference effects : www.ufoevidence.org...

List of UFO Cases with EM Effects : www.ufoevidence.org...

List of UFO Cases with Odor effects : www.ufoevidence.org...

:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
With all due respect, it sounds to me like the girls witnessed the event due to the ingestion of a certain fungus or of something similar biological composition. I'm just throwing that out there.
Either way, it still makes for an interesting read. To experience something like that... I don't know how i'd feel about it personally but, an experience like that would definitely be a topic of discussion for many many years. In a way they are lucky to have experienced something so dramatic and mysterious.
edit on 8-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
With all due respect, it sounds to me like the girls witnessed the event due to the ingestion of a certain fungus or of something similar biological composition. I'm just throwing that out there.
Either way, it still makes for an interesting read. To experience something like that... I don't know how i'd feel about it personally but, an experience like that would definitely be a topic of discussion for many many years. In a way they are lucky to have experienced something so dramatic and mysterious.
edit on 8-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

there are locale people who also in the area, the owner of the trailerhome that both witnesses enter and borrow phone to call their friend. So there should be more people that see the electrical phenomena.

as for fungus reaction, im curious are there known side-effect hallucination like this from inhaling narcogenic plants ? as it is said in the statement, the rain turned to mush and effort to clear their windshield with wiper failed so they stopped and used their hands to clear it. There are unknown smell like rotten egg (ammonia ?) , and the mush on their car turned solid after the rain dried out.

interesting thought though, what if this is all a chemical spill that temporarily induce momentary hallucination ?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
My first thought was, what if a cme caused it? What if they were just witnessing the effects of a particularly powerful cme that caused temporal shifts that made what usually cannot be seen by our eyes, seen for a short time.

Just another thought.

Cirque

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Apart from Kimish observation; that the whole deal might be one massive hallucination (which isn't an invalid point), I can only think of some sort of bizarre geo-magnetic storm maybe. The odor reminds me of what it smells like at hot springs- nitrogens, sulfur and that kinda stuff...
Still, if they only where trippin' through the whole experience, they would probably be able to make the connection themselves and maybe not report it as a paranormal encounter...

It would really help this case if the trailerhome owner would have seen or heard anything of use to the investigation.
Was there any samples taken of this substance? Was there any remnants of whatever happened?
Are there any other witnessess at all? Have anyone spoken to these two women recently to see compare their memories to the original report?

I guess I should dig in to the links provided but hey, you know...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Very interesting. If I was going to go the route of logical explanations I would start with '___' (Dimethyltryptamine) over load in the brain. It would explain short term hallucinations happening all of a sudden and dying down rather abruptly as well. The cars behavior could be if in the confusion the driver thought the car wasnt working when in fact it was. If she let it idle on a hill it could even move slowly when they think a dead car shouldnt. The rising temperature in the car could have been a perception of either the passenger or driver that they both begin to feel. The lights could be an effect from the '___'.

How they got a sudden bust of '___' (or some other hallucination inducing chemical) in thier brain? I have no idea. The other thing about '___' is that it already exists in our brain and is often more active at night as we are sleeping or getting ready to sleep. I dont know if the women were tired but the time would also be an interesting thing to note here. Anyway ... thats my .02

en.wikipedia.org...

edit - apparently we cannot say "D-M-T" on this site.
edit on 8-4-2013 by underduck because: autoedit

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
All very interesting input and opinion..

I think its a natural phenomenon however strange.. but maybe an induced hallucination can happen also. though i think its not limited to the 2 witnesses. And i doubt the girls would seek help from investigators if they are intentionally tripping/high on some drugs, if they are under influence of drugs/chemicals it must be unintentional.

Some of the fact still boggles me, what kind of natural effect would produce sticky rain that turn to smudge and solid-like substance when dry ? a rain of mud or chemical from electrical reaction ?

The massive electric phenomena happening , anyone can provide a similar documented case of electrical storm with such severity ? especially cases from USA ?

regards

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by milomilo

Odd rain isnt anything new.

paranormal.about.com...

If objects as large as this could fall from the sky it is certainly possible that in the country there could be manure or something else from a nearby farm mixed in with the rain.

It is extremely odd to think that all of these different explanations would have to happen all at once to 2 women who havent apparently experienced anything like this before.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thats amazing, you know, it is really astonishingly to See these things,....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Additonal facts that i think have some relevance to this case :
- Encounter happening at early morning hours (2:30am) , statistically high number of Close Encounter are happening at this time period (from 10pm to 4pm , with peak at midnight and at 3:00 am)
- There had been a lot of electrical interference with radios and televisions all day (before the drive)
- They also had heard that there might be an auroral display the previous evening but because of overcast couldn't see anything
- At first there was no rain but there was fog, A half hour into the drive the windshield was showing rain.
- For a brief while it rained only only on Brandy's side, and when she mentioned that it moved over to Bonnie's who was driving.
- The rain was brown "goo" and smelled like rotten eggs. [this is what some anomalies researchers call a "Fortean Fall"--a rain containing things it shouldn't]
- Car interior heating up, the windows were steamed and so hot that they couldn't stay there and ride out whatever was happening

Facts that may have connection but im not sure..

- The witnesses were two young women in their mid-twenties, and of blessedly different personalities. both these girls were very attractive
- The girls are responsible persons because the reason they took that night/morning drive is because they have to work tomorrow.
- Both girls are familiar the the road/route

top topics

join