It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite Star Wars character?...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

I have no respect for anything other than the original Star Wars. Even then, I'm still tracking down an early copy without all that CGI mess. I don't need Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christiansen at the end of Jedi.

I used to be the biggest Star Wars fan on the block...until Phantom Menace came out
but I'll spare you all my 'prequel' rant

I became a Trekker after 'prequel' ruined my childhood.

edit on 8-4-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I could say Han Solo but I share way too many qualities with Luke.

Am I the only one who likes Luke Skywalker?

Guy only saved the Galaxy from the Empire, minimum force training and all...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I love R2-D2 and C-3PO. Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious! This has to be my character in the entire series. He's just perfect from the first film to the last.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

They replaced cp3o's naive humor with jar jar binks idiocy, and we all know you're not suppose to go full retard in movies.

Then they replaced han solo's scoundrel awesomeness with Anakin's roguish behavior, while at the same time condemning the behavior. It made it too black and white to be enjoyable.

Actually, that's the whole prequel in a nutshell; too black and white.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hands down, Boba Fett
Also I'm a big fan of the Imperial military, they had cool uniforms lol

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
The Fett.

Cool video and song here.

My Mum has always told me my real father is Han Solo

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Bleeeeep

There was more wrong with it than that
but that's a good place to start.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   
With out a doubt,my fave is that scrappy little fireplug with the Swiss Army Knife utility.I'm talking R2-D2.
That is one stand up droid.He has more smarts and class than any other character,with the possible exception of Yoda. And Yoda is my #2.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Always loved that video

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

My favorite is Yoda...the only Jedi character to die of natural causes, and with all of his limbs intact.

I can find major faults with the other characters, pretty much, where they weren't true to themselves, or just plain didn't make sense (like Aniken going from Jedi to slaughtering kids in the temple, overnight, or Obi Wan taking a backseat for decades, chilling out on Tatooine while doing nothing, etc.).

From the books, Talon Kardde is a favorite of mine.

Hands down, Boba Fett

Everybody always brings up Boba, but c'mon, the guy was killed by a blind and handcuffed guy, when you think about it. Jango was way more BA....he fought one of the strongest Jedi's around (TWICE) and both times, Jango was the one leaving as the victor, leaving Obi Wan hanging.
edit on 8-4-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   
R2D2.

As for all the living ones .... the 'good ones' all had issues or were annoying (Like 'good' Padme continually changing absurd clothing outfits and Obi-wan calling little Anikin Skywalker a 'pathetic life form'). And the bad ones were really bad so I couldn't like them either.

Gotta go with R2D2.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

They were all awful films, but "Jabba the Hutt " was the least cringeworthy character,
and at least made me laugh !

I hate to admit I have seen most of the Star Wars films, expecting improvement...I was sadly disappointed !

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Yoda #1
Boba Fett #2
Grievous #3

Rancor - favorite sub character starwars.wikia.com...

Millennium Falcon #1 ship

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267
I love R2-D2 and C-3PO. Emperor Palpatine aka Darth Sidious! This has to be my character in the entire series. He's just perfect from the first film to the last.

You are right, Emperor Palpatine / Darth Sidious is amazing. He seriously is great through all 6 films, and his planning capabilities, etc. are epic, he is behind everything.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
This guy because his name is awesome IMO:

Salacious Crumb!

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
>.>

Leia in Bikini

You're welcome nerds

edit: star for a fun thread
edit on 8-4-2013 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I was 7 when i first saw star wars. My first true love was Chewbacca! yep Chewbacca. He was so cute and cuddely. I had a stuffed doll of him i carried everywhere. I loved him. I grew up to marry him. My hubby is big, brown and furry! LOLs. We call my hubby the Mexi-Yetti.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

What a great story!
Regards to you and your real Chewie.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
1) R2-D2. The only character in the history of film to have his every word censored.
2) Boba Fett. The movies do him no justice. He is beyond badass in the books.
3) Grand Admiral Thrawn. 'nuff said!
4) Jaina Solo. Trained by Boba Fett to kill her own brother to save the galaxy.
5) Corran Horn. The very definition of Jedi.

Honorable mentions: Lando Calrissian, Gallad Palleon, Jedi Master Sabba Sebbatine and Darth Revan.
edit on 8-4-2013 by HellRider316 because: left an honorable mention off the list.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I'm in love with the princes. "Obi-wan your my only hope!" From then on she became my lady.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join