It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Graham accuses Bush of 9/11 cover-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Monday, May 12, 2003

In perhaps the harshest rhetoric from a leading Democrat yet, Sen. Bob Graham, D-Fla., said Sunday that the Bush administration has been engaging in a "cover-up� of the government's handling of terrorist warnings before Sept. 11 and continues to stymie the release of critical information about future terrorist threats.
Appearing on CBS�s "Face the Nation" with Bob Schieffer, Graham, a former member of the Senate Intelligence Committee and announced presidential hopeful, also claimed that he is aware of still classified information about Sept. 11 and future threats that should be publicly disclosed.

Schieffer pressed Graham: "Do you know something that the rest of us don't know? Because you continue to be sort of a voice of doom. You warn that there may be another attack coming. You've said all kinds of things along that line."

Graham responded:

"Yes, I think I know some things that are currently classified for the American people, unnecessarily so. I think the American people should be informed about what kind of capability terrorists have inside the United States. They should be informed about the prospect that foreign governments have been aiding the terrorists in the United States. They should be informed of why we are not using that information to do a more effective job of dealing with terrorists where they live and when they've been placed in the United States."

Graham bluntly accused the administration of being "probably ... one of the most secret administrations in American history."

www.newsmax.com...

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
We need to get sen. Graham posting on this board. He could be such a big help in telling us classified info. If any one knows hims, or knows how to contact him ask him to become a fellow ats memeber.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Is there a reason you want the senator to go to Leavenworth for disclosing classified information?

If there is such evidence, and if this isn't some sort of political dem - v- rep maneuver, then we certainly do not need him locked up and silenced as they did Jim Trafficante!
Jim for President!!!

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
A brief resum� for starters might help: I'm not convinced that anyone outside Florida has ever heard of Mr Graham!

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   
And this outburst naked self-serving, I fear and I don't think Jeb is trembling.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
We need to get sen. Graham posting on this board. He could be such a big help in telling us classified info. If any one knows hims, or knows how to contact him ask him to become a fellow ats memeber.

I think not, if a Senator was proven to post at a site as this he would lose all credibilty. Not that ATS is a un-credible website(I find it more credible than fox, for example), but to be associated with a conspiracy group would put a wrench in his career. Now if he was to supply information via through ATS by underground channels, we might be able to do something about it. But in all reality, I doubt he even knows of the existence of this site. Lets say he has heard of ATS, whos to say its more reliable than the others? Besides ourselves.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Is there a reason you want the senator to go to Leavenworth for disclosing classified information?

If there is such evidence, and if this isn't some sort of political dem - v- rep maneuver, then we certainly do not need him locked up and silenced as they did Jim Trafficante!
Jim for President!!!

I second that. Vote for Jim, or get kicked in the crotch

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Now wait just one minute!! Now , after all the bickering about whether or not we had nations supporting terror, most of you liberal minded people arguing against such an idea..not to say you don't deserve your opinions on it. I, myself cannot see how these terror networks florish without such help but thats just me.

Now, now that this liberal has stated this in his interview, and because he's stated that the Bush admin knows about it and won't let it out...now we are all of the sudden ready to believe other nations sponsor terror against the US? Hell, 42% of Americans believed that terror was sponsored by countries govts and everybody flew right off the proverbial handle.

We know that certain things are known that aren't released. people are undercover. people that might be able to stop or warn next time. Do we risk their lives and their info sources just to shut up a politician? We know countries and govts. are being supportive to terror. We as Americans know that there are things about 9-11 and potential terror plots everyday that we are purposfully not informed about. Why? Because the bad guys have CNN too! Is it that hard to figure out? Honestly?

If I'm an undercover agent, do I want my position and life compromised so Bob Graham can get elected.. A great big whoppin "Hell No"!! So, don't worry. We know the whole story hasn't been released. Likely it won't be. But what I wonder is, everytime the terror alert has gone up to Orange, was there a target in the US or Europe that was foiled by someone behind the scenes? If it was only once, how many were spared a tragic death? If it did happen, could the agents involved likely have succeeded if their mugs were broadcast on Headline News?

So, my final question is, after witnessing the objection to Iraq, what if the US knew someone was supporting terror groups? What then? What are we supposed to do about it in a liberal view?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Oh God! How i hate the State of Florida!!!!! I used to work for a law firm edittng transcripts for the District Court of Appeals of The State of Florida and the Supreme Court which during the Bush-Gore controversy really turned me off from The State of Florida!!!! and everything about it sucks except Disney World, Cape Canaveral and Homestead the site of the Coral Castle which still fascinates me:

for more on Coral Castle:

www.coralcastle.com...

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by thehippiedude]

top topics

join