It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You can not rate that post?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by xDeadcowx
Sounds like you are getting message after refreshing the page.

When the last action you did was star a post, you are refreshing the action of starring the post.

The error message you see is because refreshing tried to add a second star, which you can not do.

If you look at the address in the address bar you will see "&addstar=1&on=123456789#pid123456789"

If you erase that part and press enter, you will refresh the thread without attempting to add a second star

DC

I have quoted the above answer because it may be the best one. I tend to do this a lot. I used to get an error message but now I don't. It could be a different browser doing different things.

Why was this thrown out of board business. Seems like it was in the right place to start with. Oh well, I suppose we get stars here.

P

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno
reply to post by tanda7

Well, I read the OPs post and enjoyed it, then I placed a star and refreshed the screen to see if someone had posted or replied and pow! You can'r do that neh neh neh, it happens all the time? Strange hey??

And bingo. You answered it yourself.

You starred the post, then hit refresh. Look at the URL next time you star a post. It reflects this in the URL. So when you hit refresh, you're effectively sending the "Let me star that post" command again.

You can't star a post more than once.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Star star stars!!!

And still no answer!!!!! WHAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Answsered on page one.

He got bugger all stars tho, so you may have missed it. He should have included "Why are they!" in there somewhere.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to post by tanda7

See I just did it to your post and this is the message that came up.

No, I haven't received any other communication from anyone? Just that message.

As I say I get it all the time, not all the time, just 1 out of 10 times maybe??

This was great, by the way, it really helped me get a feel for your issue. Good luck, it sounds like something involving something on your end. I haven't ever seen this before.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Several members have answered this now, but just to confirm from my own experience:

An individual member can only use the "star" function once on any given post. If you click on it again, you'll get the "you cannot rate that post" statement.

And ditto, if your last action before refreshing a page was to star a post, then the system will try applying the function again, then read that you did it already and default to giving you that message.

And yes, I've done it countless times
, either by mistakenly trying to star a post I already starred (maybe even hours before), or by refreshing a page after starring a post. It's no biggie.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

You must have already starred it numbnut!?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
When I star a thread, the word turns from blue to green but I never see a star appear... Is that normal? Also, I get error messages somewhat regularly that I am not allowed to post in certain forums. In the forum list of recent posts it gives me the option to "show all forums" ... Does this mean that I have been banned from certain things?

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Ok, let me real clear about this............

I'll do it in steps.......

Ready?...............................

1. Clicked on a post in the "New Topics" section.
2. Haven't seen it before
3. Liked what it had to say
4. Felt compelled to give it a star.
5. Clicked empty star
6. Page refresh
7. Message appears "Error: You can not rate this post"
8 Why?????????????????????????????????????

So, laugh it up, why can't I do it.

I have checked everything............any ideas??

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

It's like asking parents for answers. They just walk away.......

I believe you're doing it right.
I tried to post here a few minutes ago, got errors 503, 504, and I think the other was a 408...
Still some problems here

I don't even want to try asking why there's a little dude where my message link was yesterday

Hopefully it still works...

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Yep good analogy!

Strange, when I posted in the board forum..............well, you saw what happened there.....

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Ok, let me real clear about this............

I'll do it in steps.......

Ready?...............................

1. Clicked on a post in the "New Topics" section.
2. Haven't seen it before
3. Liked what it had to say
4. Felt compelled to give it a star.
5. Clicked empty star
6. Page refresh
7. Message appears "Error: You can not rate this post"
8 Why?????????????????????????????????????

So, laugh it up, why can't I do it.

I have checked everything............any ideas??

What are you not understanding?????

As others have said, when you refresh a thread after staring a post YOU ARE IN EFFECT TRYING TO STAR THAT POST A SECOND TIME, You can still star other posts in the thread..

Geez I'm actually surprised your not ranting about how when you refresh a page it doesn't send you to the front page instead.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0nZ

Thanks for the caps bud.

You are wrong. After you star a post the page refreshes by itself. It's then that the message appears.

Plus this in TODAY:

WHY IS THE STORY THAT ONLY HAD 2 POSTS THEN WAS REMOVED A FEATURE IN THE BOARD FORUM???

DUH?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join