It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of the way people treat me and others around me SICK OF IT!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
OP is complaining about other people thinking they are smarter or better,

yet OP wants respect for the sake of...... older age? because THAT makes a person smarter and better lol...

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Move to Thailand. Thy will appreciate you there ignoramus

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
We should start our own community! LOL Only kind, decent, loving, respectful people allowed!!!! I'm so sick of all the rude, self absorbed, stuck up, holier than thou, neurotic people out there! Hell you hardly even see people smiling anymore, it's like it freakin hurts to be nice and smile.

Sorry, didn't mean to join in your rant. LOL

PS, I'm Jodi.. I'm nice, respectful, fun, loving and not like most people out there!

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

maybe they are better, smarter , quicker, prettier, and you just cannot accept it. but with no real story to this other than you feel shadowed by a younger generation theres really not much to go on lol.

"I dont think so. I am the nicest kindest person in the world and i hold no authority over anyone. In fact i go out of my way to be kind to people"......

.. this is your problem, you try to hold people to your standards, and they are way to high.i used to be like this , go way out of my way for people then get bumbed when they didnt even do the slightest thing for me.

IN GENERAL no one gives a f about anyone else, oh sure you still have some saps that will go to isreal and stand in front of a bulldozer to prove a point heh sucker ^^ or go to poorer coutries to help the people all the while people in their own countries sleep in the streets and starve heh.
its been that way since dawn of time, people only care about their neighborhood, yard, family, workplace.. oh sure when something bad happens we all go omg how sad how horrific i feel for so and so, but really in the back of our heads we are just saying thank god not my family (if you believe in a god) and anyone thats gonna dispute this is a complete and f ing liar, im sorry but you are other wise we'd all be donating our time to making a great society... look around, do you all think that is happening? i stopped donating my time a long time ago, i say let the scabs die off ^^ just watch all the horrific things that have happend in past 10 years, how many times do you see anything on tv about it unless its some memorial or some politician needs a public opinion boost.

i dont know where you are from but i have never really thought anyone has been polite or kind growing up from kids to adults other than close friends and family

do unto others as they would do unto you...... as in be nice and go out of your way for the people that do it for you, otherwise you ar wasting your time and emotions, and probably money.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Cool thats what utopian communists thought too. You need to get people to put the folks you don't like in a grave or in jail though.

posted on Apr, 10 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Do you not see that this is the very attitude the OP is talking about. Are you justifying a "no kindness unless rewarded" way of living. You seem uniquely qualified to answer the central question posed here, which is, Why ? Is it too much TV as some have suggested or not enough discipline. Maybe you can help us gain some understanding into how what we are seeing today has come about. I mean, what young person, or anyone else for that matter wants to be a "scab" or a "sucker" for standing up and fighting for a better world.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pennylemon

your a scab when you live off others or the sytem,

your a sucker for prostesting in a stupid manner, standing in front of a 5ton vehicle is stupid, sure you want to go pin purple hearts on her all day, thats fine, but if the idiot had gotten out of the way , she be alive today to DO EVEN MORE GOOD but she not is she?

maybe you can explain to me why the world is full of sappy people with pipe dreams and fantasy of unicorns and rainbows? you seem to fit the bill?

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

Dang, banned just when I was hoping to get to the crux of the atttitude. Oh well, i just hope this thread can pick up where we left off.

Penny

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Well i have been paying attention to the thread and thinking about everything since my rant. here is what ive come up with.

It comes down to personal responsibility in two ways.

1. If i am being treat poorly by others then its my responsibility to make them aware of it and change that.

2. Maybe i dont have full awareness of a situation and i am actually approaching it improperly and it is my fault.

Thats my conclusion.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Is it possible it is something that you are doing something to trigger the way people treat you.

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

I think those are a couple of great conclusions onequestion. I am also heartened to see that what you have come up with is not closed ended, but will allow you to take each situation as it comes.

Bravo.

Penny

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Thanks penny.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Anytime OQ, I was just thinking about how a thread about a pervading attitude of hopelessness and anger turned out to be such a great exchange.

Thank you for being so open,

Penny

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

1. If i am being treated poorly by others then its my responsibility to make them aware of it and change that.

How about removing yourself from the situation? Perhaps nobody likes you because you are unlikeable. Ever think that maybe it's YOU and not them?I also fixed your spelling in the quote.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

i will agree with you about the ATS bit and it is always the same young children (i say this as i hope older folk are wiser) trying to wind you up, i have fallen for it a few times like last night lol, they pick you up on something and away they go derailing a thread i think its called?

It gets me so flippin mad at times i really have to walk away before i get banned lol. I hope you find what your looking for soon and don't forget some of us aren't all that bad

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Is it possible it is something that you are doing something to trigger the way people treat you.

Like, you know, becoming a professional fighter, beating someone up, getting a no contact order against you, going to jail, becoming a felon. Stuff like that.

I'll bet the guy whose facial bones you broke with your fists is thinking the same thing, that he's sick and tired of the way YOU treated him, just SICK OF IT!

Read all about it here.
edit on 4/16/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

This is a personal attack directed towards me out of ignorance. Get your facts strait because I promise you don't have them strait at all.

You have no idea te level of commitment hardwork and discipline require to climb te ranks in professional mixed Martial arts either.
edit on 16-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Retrace the events in your mind and consider what the triggers were for the confrontation escalating. Sometimes confrontation is unavoidable, and sometimes it is or can be managed to lower levels which dont lead in dramatic outcomes which are having an adverse effect on your esteem.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
All I'm suggesting here is that you are being hypocritical. You present yourself as a caring person upset with how other people treat you. You poor thing! Yet you have already shown your character to be the very thing you despise. If you were a poor, sensitive waif who had been bullied your entire life I could see why people are sympathetic to you and lament the cold, cruel world.

But you ARE the cold, cruel world. And though you exude some minor regret for your past actions, you still blame the state for what happened to you. You're still not taking full responsibility for your actions. You beat up that guy "because you were drunk" as if the state made you drink and the state made you aggressive enough to beat up someone with your fists, the fists of a professional fighter.

Now you want your "rights" back, the rights you gave up when you hit that guy. IMO the "system" and THIS cold cruel world were extremely lenient on you. You should have been behind bars for years, not months. And further, had you done this crime (and, yes, it was a real crime, not a politically made-up one) in Singapore, China, or Saudi Arabia, you would have seen what real punishment is all about. Lashing your behind with a bamboo cane would have been the least of your worries. You might not have survived.

The point is (and I leave this thread with this) your lament lacks any credibility whatsoever. You are not the victim here; you are the perpetrator.

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Your basing your assumptions on very little information youve gathered from a politically charged topic. You have no idea what transpired and you clearly have no perspective on the idea or message i want to get across here. Rather then question my logic and try and find an answer youve come to bash and bully me based on what little actual information you have about me.

Nice try though thanks.

And its always clearly obvious to me who has and hasnt seen the inside of one our fine prisons or jails, because if you did you would know the true impact it has on a person, and trust me when i tell you it doesnt help.
edit on 17-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join