It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sick and tired of the way people treat me and others around me SICK OF IT!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I have neighbors with dogs that bark incessantly. These two women could care less how much it bothers everyone.

There is someone that runs his car and his car radio from ten p.m. to past midnight right outside my window - never a thought of "I wonder if I'm preventing anyone from getting sleep?"

People pull right up to the door of the local store with a huge parking lot, forcing everyone to walk around the car to get into the store.

A bunch of teens (I call a bunch of teens a Turd of teens) walk on the street and never get out of the way of oncoming cars. The cars have to stop and the Turd walks around them.

There are too many drunks bumming money for more booze. Too many bumming cigarettes instead of supporting their own habit.

Life in the city - it ain't pretty.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

Yeah exactly what i mean. I watch people do it to other people all the time.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

OR...

Become a hermit like the rest of us.

Either way, it's a win-win for you.

"The more people I meet, the more I love my cat."

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge

OR...

Become a hermit like the rest of us.

Either way, it's a win-win for you.

"The more people I meet, the more I love my cat."

LOL!!

link   
I see this across all the age groups. It's like the "Me 80s" thing but worse.

Decent people are few and far between so just keep looking around and hold on to the ones you find.

link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by Hopechest

Those putting forth the biggest attitudes are usually worse off than the rest of us. Perhaps the next time you see someone acting like that you should take pity on them rather than becoming angry.

I feel like its time to start getting angry, well maybe not getting angry but putting our foot down at the least.

I see stupidity as an accepted behavior. Its time we really start caring about our brothers and sisters and making them evolve into a greater form of being rather then accepting them for who they because thats all choice.

Lets get this evolution started.

Oh im a man by the way. Maybe i should change my avatar.
edit on 7-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Well I'm not sure if this will make you feel better or not but people really haven't changed. Many believe that people in the past were all full of warmth and love and that simply is not the case. They were every bit as rude and ruthless as they are today.

There were the same problems back then that you are experiencing today. I would even go so far as to say that people were actually meaner in the past than they are now in general. Especially if you were a woman or a person of color. If you were gay? Forget it.

Today's world is far more tolerant and accepting than in our history. Heck, there were actually fist fights in the US Congress but would you see that today?

Probably not.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Interesting perspective Hopechest, i will have to take that into account.

I will say though that there is something honest about getting into a fist fight.

I think even as mean as they were, they were honest. Honesty is whats the most impossible thing to find these days...
edit on 7-4-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

My Freind, lets look at what one of the Smartest Men in History has to say about your Situation.

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity." - Albert Einstein

link   
Be like the Buddha.

It's not your problem how other people behave. It is your own behavior you must worry about. If others treat you badly or take advantage of your kindness, that still isn't your problem, and is no reason to stop being compassionate and forgiving.

link   
Onequestion seems to be a little cranky today
I know what you say is true about some circles of people but there a lot of good people out there too. I think you are learning to see that most people are kind of out for themselves and that isn't going to change. Thirty years ago half the people were just trying to get along and enjoy life. Today only twenty five percent are that way, the rest are trying to increase their ego. Some have got so used to this being part of society that they don't even see it is demeaning. Worry about your own morals and try to hang around with others with good morals. Unlike most people, I do not think sexual freedom is part of morals unless you are married or deeply involved with someone. It does spread a lot of disease though.

People have cut down others behind their backs since I was a kid. That is a sign of insecurity to me. I don't like to do that, I would rather tell my friends what they are doing wrong right to their face. Many times they do not understand and being too forthgoing on a whim is not good. Friends automatically think you should side with them on everything. That is not real, if you see a friend going down the wrong path or thinking incorrectly you should take them aside, not in front of others, and try to straighten them out.....if possible. Sometimes it is better to wait a day till they cool down.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
There is a self absorbed air about most people these days....
Human interaction (between humans that is) are on the decline.
Everywhere you go,from self checkouts, self service,to the family living room where everyone sits glued to the tube getting their own individual experience, and rarely sharing it any more...
Moms and Dads are away from home far more of the time, and theres the TV for a baby sitter.
Kids are more into their "peer groups" than their family.....
Trying to communicate with these people can be challenging.
Often i find the "staff" of even specialty businesses are incompetant, and inattentive....
They cannot seem to be able to assimilate the knowledge related to the specialties they deal in...thus many times i have wondered if maybe they couldnt even speak english (though they could well enough)
Ordering sizes like a 1/2 in NC bolt 4 inches long, could get you anything but that....
Parts numbers seem like a mystery to people standing at a counter with the catalogues to hand even.....
And if asking for something unusual or older stock good luck!
We are all being imprisoned inside our own heads..... very slowly.......

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

OR...

(yes, I'm giving you yet another choice)

You can put your new avatar to good use and the next time some snot-nosed kid mouth's off to you, grab them, flip them down onto their back, lift their legs up in the air as a show of alpha dog, and say to them:

"Who's your daddy ?!"

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FollowTheWhiteRabbit

It's not your problem how other people behave. It is your own behavior you must worry about. If others treat you badly or take advantage of your kindness, that still isn't your problem, and is no reason to stop being compassionate and forgiving.

Always love your input rabbit. Thanks for the reminder man.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Yeah, sometimes I wonder what the f is wrong with people. Being courteous is not cool anymore. I live in a tourist town and I see rude and impolite people on a pretty constant basis. I will give a shout out to Canadians. .. some of the nicest people in the world. I am American, and have to say many Americans are oblivious, rude idiots. Chinese peolle though, take the cake for rude and arrogant... it would probably help if they smiled one in awhile. Isn't stereotyping just awesome????? :-P

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Water of a ducks back..thats what I think If people laugh at me for who Iam or what I do for a living.

Speaking of ducks a good song to cheer you up.

link   

You can put your new avatar to good use and the next time some snot-nosed kid mouth's off to you, grab them, flip them down onto their back, lift their legs up in the air as a show of alpha dog, and say to them:

"Who's your daddy ?!"
reply to post by CranialSponge

LOL!! True that.

link   

Heh I know mate.

Hell, I deal with a hearing disorder nowadays where it sounds like every bloody word coming out of people's mouths is an extreme insult and I still respect them more than they me.

It's fubar.

link   
I actually had some A-hole today scream at me at a signal light. I guess the light turned green, and by the time I noticed it had turned red. This guy screams "GET OFF THE FREAKING CELL-PHONE AND DRIVE". People are just rude and inconsiderate of others.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The problem started with all the PC crap. It started when people couldn't spank their kids, when kids in schools got time out instead of punishment. It started when losing teams got trophies. It started when everyone realized they could raise a stink because something didn't go their way. It started when people quit taking responsibility for them selves. It started when people realized if they cried loud enough someone would give them their way

Not all are self absorbed boors with a sense of entitlement. The ones that are left were raised to do better if you lose, learn from your mistakes, if you want something, earn it. The ones raised to understand others have different beliefs and you accept that and they accepted it of you and you still got along. When two people could pass kn the street and one could say Merry Christmas which was replied to with Happy Hauneka and no one got offended. It was called respect for your fellow man.

But yes, there is a whole helluva lot less respect and tolerance for others. It is a sad trend.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

No that would be rude...they have to hit me first.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join